Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Terasawa
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2042
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby Terasawa » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Isn't that right? Eh maybe not, my grammar is admittedly terrible at times.


Nah, the word is "piqued".

Don't worry, though. Everyone says "peaked." ...Which is why it annoys me so much. :lol:


While we're on the subject of being grammar nazis...

Bear McCreary is not "remixing" anything. A remix involves taking a previous performance of a composition and altering it in some way. The best word for what McCreary is doing with the Ifukube compositions is probably "rearranging."
-- 寺沢 --
YouTube
Save All Dubs

Image

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Guys. I just had the most amazing thought.

Imagine an epic choir version of the Mothra theme playing as she flies into battle.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:38 pm

I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9351
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:34 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade.


Well there isn't really much to pick from in that regard.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade.


Well there isn't really much to pick from in that regard.

I'd say more than a decade but obviously some of the Millennium films are memorable. Even if most of them were lackluster. It may be one of the most solid Godzilla films made yet.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

Online
User avatar
LegendZilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 5536
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:52 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade.


Well there isn't really much to pick from in that regard.

I'd say more than a decade but obviously some of the Millennium films are memorable. Even if most of them were lackluster. It may be one of the most solid Godzilla films made yet.


As far as for the community of fans that is. I doubt the same can be said about the GA.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Well there isn't really much to pick from in that regard.

I'd say more than a decade but obviously some of the Millennium films are memorable. Even if most of them were lackluster. It may be one of the most solid Godzilla films made yet.


As far as for the community of fans that is. I doubt the same can be said about the GA.

I agree, that's why I'm thinking KOTM will be the most memorable Godzilla film yet generally speaking
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:21 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:

Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:30 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:

Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:

Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Living Corpse
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 10165
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby Living Corpse » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Lyrics for the Godzilla March.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG1TZMorVjo

"Fight Harder" "
Fight"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Fight Harder"
"Fight for us!"
"Fight until the end!"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Gojira fight!"
"Fight, until the end!"
"Fight, for us!"
"GO! JI! RA!"
"Gojira fight for us!"
"GO! JI! RA!"
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:49 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I've never been interested in buying soundtracks for any films, just my personal taste.

But with this upcoming Godzilla film I feel like it'll be one of the most memorable G films of the decade. I want all collectibles, posters, even the soundtrack since the music so far sounds new and original while also keeping the classic themes involved. I basically want a shelf dedicated strictly to KOTM/Monsterverse, like a shrine :lol: :lol:

Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:

Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.

I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:03 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Any Godzilla shrine is a good shrine :lol:

Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.

I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.

Akira Takaradas been in literally everything :lol:,and I like how Shinji tells his giant monster stories, they're pretty consistent. It was quite a while ago so for DAM I don't remember specifically who it was because I'm not the greatest with Japanese names.

The suit actors were
Tom Kitagawa: Millenium/2000
Haruo Nakajimaa Original Suit actor - Godzilla vs Gigan (Rest in Peace)
Kenpachiro Satsuma: Heisei
along with Illustrator Shinji Nishikawa

I took some pictures with them, super nice, good people

They signed by their respective suits and the artist signed the corner I think
Image

This one came out sideways so it'd be even harder to tell but
Image
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Exactly :lol: , My entire room basically consists of collectibles from various movies/games. Godzilla wise, everything from the G Memorial Box, Bandai, NECA, SHMA, An autographed DAM poster signed by the actors, another poster signed by Godzilla suit actors across the 3 eras, from the OG to Heisei to Millennium. I grew up with Godzilla through VHS and DVDs from Blockbuster, all 30+ films :lol: (I'm 18 but grew up in that time period (2000) between VHS's and DVDs)

So KOTM is kinda huge for me just like G14 was, except this time it's all the classics.

I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.

Akira Takaradas been in literally everything :lol:,and I like how Shinji tells his giant monster stories, they're pretty consistent. It was quite a while ago so for DAM I don't remember specifically who it was because I'm not the greatest with Japanese names.

The suit actors were
Tom Kitagawa: Millenium/2000
Haruo Nakajimaa Original Suit actor - Godzilla vs Gigan (Rest in Peace)
Kenpachiro Satsuma: Heisei
along with Illustrator Shinji Nishikawa

I took some pictures with them, super nice, calm, good people

They signed by their respective suits and the artist signed the corner I think
[img]http:.tinypic.com/10fc2zr.jpg[/img]

This one came out sideways so it'd be even harder to tell but
[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/35co3rk.img]

Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:25 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I getcha. Wait, what Showa actors and suit actors? I'm insanely jealous, haha. I remember being in the same room as Akira Takarada at G-Fest when I was younger, and I met Shinji Higuchi and a special effects guy for Shin at another G-Fest.

Akira Takaradas been in literally everything :lol:,and I like how Shinji tells his giant monster stories, they're pretty consistent. It was quite a while ago so for DAM I don't remember specifically who it was because I'm not the greatest with Japanese names.

The suit actors were
Tom Kitagawa: Millenium/2000
Haruo Nakajimaa Original Suit actor - Godzilla vs Gigan (Rest in Peace)
Kenpachiro Satsuma: Heisei
along with Illustrator Shinji Nishikawa

I took some pictures with them, super nice, calm, good people

They signed by their respective suits and the artist signed the corner I think
[img]http:.tinypic.com/10fc2zr.jpg[/img]

This one came out sideways so it'd be even harder to tell but
[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/35co3rk.img]

Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!

He was a really great guy! It's awe-inspiring knowing the big 3 of all the eras signed my poster next to their respective monsters. It feels so complete hanging above the collection
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:43 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!

He was a really great guy! It's awe-inspiring knowing the big 3 of all the eras signed my poster next to their respective monsters. It feels so complete hanging above the collection

He was my hero as a kid. My guy, you've got 50 years of Godzilla on one paper! Please protect that poster, it is a holy grail.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters : The Soundtrack Thread

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:02 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Wow, you got Nakajima's signature! That's amazing!

He was a really great guy! It's awe-inspiring knowing the big 3 of all the eras signed my poster next to their respective monsters. It feels so complete hanging above the collection

He was my hero as a kid. My guy, you've got 50 years of Godzilla on one paper! Please protect that poster, it is a holy grail.

I'll protect it with my life at all costs! Especially knowing that the man-in-a-suit is a technique of the past, and seemingly won't be coming back in the Godzilla franchise, it's good to know I have their history and something to represent them by
Image
Sith Apprentice.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gojira2K, Nani and 2 guests