"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Keizer
Posts: 8007
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:28 am

Biollante is too good of a monster to only have appeared in one film. And while they did a great job with Biollante, it was a let down how short the final fight was, and how you never see the final Biollante outside that fight. Plus think of how Biollante would benefit from CGI.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

User avatar
marcdrac
Samurai
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 am
Location: Catalunya

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby marcdrac » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:36 am

Tyler Kuykendall wrote:
marcdrac wrote:I think we should also think about the 14 unknown Kaijus that will appear in Godzilla 2, as they can give juice for franchising.


I thought KotM would only have two other new monsters - having judged by the second trailer - besides Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan. If there's actually going to be a throw-down with just 50% of those 14 unknown kaiju (the use of 'if' intended to indicate that I'm not making that into a legitimate assumption), we'd already have our MonsterVerse "Destroy All Monsters".


At the time I do not know what interview it was confirmed that they opened more kaijus than those that had been confirmed and if we take into account the page of www.monarchsciences.com and the Monarca-classified outposts.

GojiDog
G-Grasper
Posts: 1044
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby GojiDog » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 am

The Heisei Monsters are due for a comeback. It feels like the franchise always dives into the Showa stars for monsters (Ghidorah, Mothra, and Mechagodzilla most frequently) but the Heisei series gave us some good ones.

Biollante, Destroyah, Battra, Mecha Ghidorah, and heck, I like Spacegodzilla too.

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby JesstrK » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am

I'd like to see Gigan and Megalon appear together as a team again.

User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1607
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Gojira2K » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:49 am

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Biollante is too good of a monster to only have appeared in one film. And while they did a great job with Biollante, it was a let down how short the final fight was, and how you never see the final Biollante outside that fight. Plus think of how Biollante would benefit from CGI.

They could make her look absolutely incredible! I always did wish we saw more of her in films.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Biollante, Hedorah, Destroyah, Anguirus and Gigan would be my top choices to see in MV form. The first four because I think they would really fit either thematically or with the established mythology - and Gigan just because I have a soft spot for him. :D
Image

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Dv-218 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 pm

KaijuCanuck wrote:Biollante, Hedorah, Destroyah, Anguirus and Gigan would be my top choices to see in MV form. The first four because I think they would really fit either thematically or with the established mythology - and Gigan just because I have a soft spot for him. :D


Same. Out of all of the original monsters, I always thought he had a pretty cool design. Although it's highly unlikely, I would love if he gets introduced into the Monsterverse somehow.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Grievous » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:33 pm

JesstrK wrote:I'd like to see Gigan and Megalon appear together as a team again.

Oh Hell Yeah!

:thumbsup:

No tail slide dropkicks however.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
kingkevzilla88
G-Grasper
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:15 am
Location: Brigadoon
Contact:

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby kingkevzilla88 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:35 pm

Here's what do would Godzilla in Atlantis! Have it that, after fighting Kong, Godzilla has retreated into deepest part of the sea. So Monarch sends a super secret submarine, maybe the Gotengo, after him. Some how they get Atlantis , find a super adviced race that planning to attack the rest of the world with a mind controlled army of sea monsters. chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda. As well as two stone robots, art deco versions of the showa era Morgura.

User avatar
KaijuCanuck
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3447
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:12 pm
Location: The Milky Way

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby KaijuCanuck » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:36 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Here's what do would Godzilla in Atlantis! Have it that, after fighting Kong, Godzilla has retreated into deepest part of the sea. So Monarch sends a super secret submarine, maybe the Gotengo, after him. Some how they get Atlantis , find a super adviced race that planning to attack the rest of the world with a mind controlled army of sea monsters. chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda. As well as two stone robots, art deco versions of the showa era Morgura.


That's a doorway in for Gamera, yo!
Image

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Lol “Godzilla 3” doesn’t need Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora, or Manda, why is the go to always throw in Monster x, y, and z and roll film?

Just get lazy and throw Mechagodzilla in the mix since LP already has his rights and have it fight all the Titans in a DAM-esq. movie. :P
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Grievous » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 pm

kingkevzilla88 wrote:chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda.

I actually think all 4 of those kaiju would fit into the MonsterVerse quiet well...
especially Ebirah & Manda.

:thumbsup:
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Destorogoji
G-Grasper
Posts: 1222
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:40 pm
Location: Toluca, Mexico

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Destorogoji » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:16 am

kingkevzilla88 wrote:Here's what do would Godzilla in Atlantis! Have it that, after fighting Kong, Godzilla has retreated into deepest part of the sea. So Monarch sends a super secret submarine, maybe the Gotengo, after him. Some how they get Atlantis , find a super adviced race that planning to attack the rest of the world with a mind controlled army of sea monsters. chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda. As well as two stone robots, art deco versions of the showa era Morgura.

*Reads the first sentence*
Heck yeah, man! Gamera showing up directly tied to Atlantis and fighting Goji!
*Reads the rest*
Oh, yeah, that'd be cool, too.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:07 am

Grievous wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda.

I actually think all 4 of those kaiju would fit into the MonsterVerse quiet well...
especially Ebirah & Manda.

:thumbsup:

WB/LP would never waste $$$ on generic daikaiju like that when they could just make their own “homages” for free.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Grievous » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:15 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Grievous wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda.

I actually think all 4 of those kaiju would fit into the MonsterVerse quiet well...
especially Ebirah & Manda.

:thumbsup:

WB/LP would never waste $$$ on generic daikaiju like that when they could just make their own “homages” for free.

True...

But its fun to speculate & make suggestions.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1607
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Gojira2K » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 am

If they were to introduce Biollante or Gigan, how does everyone think they could be integrated into the Monsterverse?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2189
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:11 am

Gigan best be half MUTO and half Ghidorah
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

User avatar
JesstrK
Interpol Agent
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby JesstrK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:31 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Grievous wrote:
kingkevzilla88 wrote:chief among them are Titanosaurus, Ebirah, Gezora and Manda.

I actually think all 4 of those kaiju would fit into the MonsterVerse quiet well...
especially Ebirah & Manda.

:thumbsup:

WB/LP would never waste $$$ on generic daikaiju like that when they could just make their own “homages” for free.

This is something I was always curious about. If Legendary doesn't have the rights to, say, Anguirus, ok, they can't use the name Anguirus. But as a loophole, couldn't they just introduce a spiky ankylosaurus monster that mostly looks and acts like Anguirus, but never actually call it Anguirus or any other name (in movie it would just be referred to as "the ankylosaur titan" or something, but fans will know it's meant to be Anguirus)? It's not like Toho holds exclusive rights to spiky ankylosaur monsters.

User avatar
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby Grievous » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 am

JesstrK wrote:This is something I was always curious about. If Legendary doesn't have the rights to, say, Anguirus, ok, they can't use the name Anguirus. But as a loophole, couldn't they just introduce a spiky ankylosaurus monster that mostly looks and acts like Anguirus, but never actually call it Anguirus or any other name (in movie it would just be referred to as "the ankylosaur titan" or something, but fans will know it's meant to be Anguirus)? It's not like Toho holds exclusive rights to spiky ankylosaur monsters.

Just call him Atlas...a Titan condemned to hold up the celestial heavens for eternity after the Titanomachy.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Grievous on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5259
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Postby G2000 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:51 am

JesstrK wrote:This is something I was always curious about. If Legendary doesn't have the rights to, say, Anguirus, ok, they can't use the name Anguirus. But as a loophole, couldn't they just introduce a spiky ankylosaurus monster that mostly looks and acts like Anguirus, but never actually call it Anguirus or any other name (in movie it would just be referred to as "the ankylosaur titan" or something, but fans will know it's meant to be Anguirus)? It's not like Toho holds exclusive rights to spiky ankylosaur monsters.


Dark Horse tried something like that in the late '80s, didn't quite work out. Though Soran (an obvious Rodan ripoff) and a somewhat revised version of the Anguirus archetype (redubbed Kamerus) did manage to make it into the final comic in 1987, as did their Mechagodzilla ripoff Cybersaur in the '90s series, so it's a bit of a mixed bag.

More recently you had Rokmutl, who looks a bit like Angurius, though whether he was simply slashed due to a reworking of the script or if Toho objected is unclear.
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests