"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Post by JGAR »

cloverfan98 wrote:I imagine it would be hard to surpass GvK at least in the public eyes concerning an epic kaiju fight so I wouldn't mind seeing the threat in this film be something "smaller". Perhaps a swarm of Kamacuras or Megaguirus.
Potentially larger threats for the future if none of them show up in Godzilla vs King Kong:

-Hedorah (planet pollution)
-Destroyah (
Spoiler:
born out of the Oxygen Destroyer/Deoxygenator
)
-Biollante (Mother Nature incarnate)
-Mecha-Godzilla and/or Mecha-King Ghidorah (like the tagline from Pacific Rim; “to fight monsters, we created monsters;” the latter could be the final villain of the franchise in a hypothetical Destroy All Monsters remake)
Yooo 8-)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

JGAR wrote: -Biollante (Mother Nature incarnate)
With an idea like this, I could easily see Godzilla and Biollante working together against Hedorah.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If we actually get Godzilla's son by any chance, I hope it's Minilla. The guy actually has personality and character, and isn't just "cute tiny Godzilla".

Eh, I'd rather see how good KOTM and GvK actually are after my fanboy seizures end once I see them a third time, THEN we talk about and preach what's next.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Bagan

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Biollante would be at the top of my list for Godzilla 3
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If both KOTM/GVk Make a decent profit then Toho as a business would probably want to think and hammer things out with Legendary, never say never.

However, one big issue is that they clearly want to make their own Godzilla films. Perhaps release some stuff in the gap between Godzilla vs Kong and the next film after that? Keep in mind while Legendary is expanding and had other IPs, Godzilla is sortve the franchise that got them independent.
If Legendary/Warner Bros does indeed renew the license, I would think that Toho would try to change the contract so that they could do live-action movies as well. Maybe they could introduce a schedule or something like that.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Son of Godzilla movie on a deserted island with a lost family. Kid finds Minya and it turns into a boy and his dog story, with Minya running around fighting Kamacuras and Kumonga.

In all seriousness though, I could see that being some kind of short film.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Honestly, I think I'd like to see Kong 2 before I see Godzilla 3.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

It would be cool if a few other Godzillas rose from the oceans and started wreaking havoc on the humans that saved his life. Godzilla has to choose between killing the last of his kind and allowing them to terrorize humanity. In the end he makes the right choice and fights the Godzillas, and somewhere along the way a juvenile joins his side. Maybe the juvenile gets killed and it ends on a bittersweet note, with him being the immortal protector of Earth, but truly alone in the world for the rest of time. That could be interesting.
Last edited by LockBite on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LockBite wrote:It would be cool if a few other Godzillas rose from the oceans and started wreaking havoc on the humans that saved his life. Godzilla has to choose between killing the last of his kind and allowing them to terrorize humanity. In the end he makes the right choice and fights the Godzillas, and somewhere along the way a juvenile joins his side. That could be interesting.
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

It would be fun to see how Hollywood might handle such a concept without being too cheesy. Maybe Godzilla is the one who wakes them up in his search for a mate. They destroy the fuck out of things because they don’t like buildings. One of them courts Godzilla as a mate and he rejects her, starting the moral rift. War of the Gargantuas callbacks ensue. Let them fight!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^ I think Godzilla in this universe should truly be the last of his kind, which is why they decide to clone him. They go through several attempts before they successfully create a healthy miniature version of Godzilla, but little do they know a discarded attempt actually survived...

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Lame.

Just give me Hedorah or Gigan :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

marcdrac wrote:I think we should also think about the 14 unknown Kaijus that will appear in Godzilla 2, as they can give juice for franchising.
I thought KotM would only have two other new monsters - having judged by the second trailer - besides Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan. If there's actually going to be a throw-down with just 50% of those 14 unknown kaiju (the use of 'if' intended to indicate that I'm not making that into a legitimate assumption), we'd already have our MonsterVerse "Destroy All Monsters".

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Tyler Kuykendall wrote:
marcdrac wrote:I think we should also think about the 14 unknown Kaijus that will appear in Godzilla 2, as they can give juice for franchising.
I thought KotM would only have two other new monsters - having judged by the second trailer - besides Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan. If there's actually going to be a throw-down with just 50% of those 14 unknown kaiju (the use of 'if' intended to indicate that I'm not making that into a legitimate assumption), we'd already have our MonsterVerse "Destroy All Monsters".
Yeah I'm kinda thinking GvK is going to be DAM in some measure.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Tyler Kuykendall wrote:
I'd be down for that.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Tyler Kuykendall
Ronin

Post by Tyler Kuykendall »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Tyler Kuykendall wrote:
Or KotM could be Destroy All Monsters and GvK "Destroy All Monsters" w/ Kong in It Too? Lol.
Last edited by Tyler Kuykendall on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

One thing I would like to see in this possible film is Monster Island. I want to see how and if Godzilla can co-exist with the other titans peacefully or not. See how they interact and bounce off each other.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I heard Biollante is lined up for Godzilla 3.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:I heard Biollante is lined up for Godzilla 3.

Don't tease me! Doughtery only stated if he did another Godzilla film he'd like to bring in Biollante and Gigan!

Nothing would make me happier then to see Biollante join the Monsterverse! I really hope she's the big bad in Godzilla vs Kong no matter how unlikely.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Nothing would make me happier then to see Biollante join the Monsterverse! I really hope she's the big bad in Godzilla vs Kong no matter how unlikely.
It turns out all the plant life on Skull Island is connected...
& controlled...by one giant sentient plant...that looks
like a crocodile made of wood & vines.

;)
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!