Godzilla Running

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505

Godzilla running

Looks Awesome
48%
Looks Stupid
11%
Will improve by the time the film is released
41%

Total votes: 100

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Godzilla Running

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Grievous wrote:Why not?

They're really bad and immature attempts to imply somebody or a group of people are hypocrites. Immaturity is par for the course in this section though........
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

on 12-31-2017, Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Nobody in the West can do the Oxygen Destroyer justice, especially not for some new Godzilla popcorn flick.

Rhedosaurus
Interpol Agent

Postby Rhedosaurus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Dv-218 wrote:You really know the fanbase reached a completely new low previously thought impossible when a 7 page manifesto of endless debating about one scene where Godzilla moves slightly faster than usual exists. Never change TK, never change :lol:

The best part is that the GA and the casual fanbase 100% won't give a single flying skreeonk about this scene in the theater, and it's a guarantee.

I can only imagine what people here would think if Godzilla used his death ray to propel himself like a rocket again. :P

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:41 pm

Grievous wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:You really know the fan base reached a completely new low previously thought impossible when a 7 page manifesto of endless debating about one scene where Godzilla moves slightly faster than usual exists. Never change TK, never change :lol:

Hear Hear!

Wait...

So we have all reached a new low?

But what if you don't have a problem with the "Running" scene?

I don't have a problem with it either, but it's always for the best not to add fuel to the fire lol.

Added in 41 seconds:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:You really know the fanbase reached a completely new low previously thought impossible when a 7 page manifesto of endless debating about one scene where Godzilla moves slightly faster than usual exists. Never change TK, never change :lol:

The best part is that the GA and the casual fanbase 100% won't give a single flying skreeonk about this scene in the theater, and it's a guarantee.

I can only imagine what people here would think if Godzilla used his death ray to propel himself like a rocket again. :P

Not gonna lie, now I want to see this just to witness the batshit reactions :lol:

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:19 pm

I'm only here out of masochistic arrogance curiosity.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Postby BARAGONBREH » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:04 pm

Grievous wrote:You know I could spend my time writing a thoughtful reply...
but I'm OVER this conversation.

You win...

Congratulations...

I hope the "Running Scene" (if its actually in the film) ruins the entire movie
for you & you continue to have something to whine & squeal about while the
other fans around you have fun & enjoy King of the Monsters for what it is.

Still haven't demonstrated me engaging in this "whining and squealing" you speak of.

Why would the movie be ruined for me over one bad scene that, you correctly point out, may not even be in the final cut as seen? Have I made any statement whatsoever saying I will not possibly like or enjoy the movie over that? You just can't seem to help but assume things about my views. It's strange.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:34 pm

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Speaking about people complaining: I was on a social media page a few months back and and saw someone complain about “liberals” and “SJW’s” were ruining Godzilla by trying to make him political... it was pretty funny to see people torch him.

Anyways, is this the biggest, most controversial, nonissue for this film, so far? I feel like I’ve seen so many people get so up in arms over something so little.

Sorry SJW's, Star Wars is THAT way

And The Last Jedi STILL ended up better than anything we've gotten since Return. ;)

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:00 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Speaking about people complaining: I was on a social media page a few months back and and saw someone complain about “liberals” and “SJW’s” were ruining Godzilla by trying to make him political... it was pretty funny to see people torch him.

Anyways, is this the biggest, most controversial, nonissue for this film, so far? I feel like I’ve seen so many people get so up in arms over something so little.

And The Last Jedi STILL ended up better than anything we've gotten since Return. ;)

I beg to differ. TLJ is total Godzilla dung. Made me apologize to the Prequels. Also, Rogue One is MILES ahead of that dog****

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

How did you miss ROTS and arguably Rouge One.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:40 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Sorry SJW's, Star Wars is THAT way

Not arguably. Definitively.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:44 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

I beg to differ. TLJ is total Godzilla dung. Made me apologize to the Prequels. Also, Rogue One is MILES ahead of that dog****

I forgot about Rogue One. I'll give you that. Rogue One was good. But the prequels are garbage. Revenge of The Sith is only good in comparison to the other two garbage ass prequels. Those movies sucked.

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:45 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

I forgot about Rogue One. I'll give you that. Rogue One was good. But the prequels are garbage. Revenge of The Sith is only good in comparison to the other two garbage ass prequels. Those movies sucked.

I'll take all three prequels before TLJ ANY day of the week. Do you see TLJ giving us great memes? No.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:I beg to differ. TLJ is total Godzilla dung. Made me apologize to the Prequels. Also, Rogue One is MILES ahead of that dog****

I'll take all three prequels before TLJ ANY day of the week. Do you see TLJ giving us great memes? No.

That's true. This meme applies to so many nights of my college years. It's one positive thing I can say about the prequels. :lol:

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:48 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

ROTS feels a lot closer to an OT film then it does the other PT films. I'd take 1000 ROTS before another TLJ but to each his own.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:49 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

That's true. This meme applies to so many nights of my college years. It's one positive thing I can say about the prequels. :lol:

Plus, while critics were sucking the film's ****, the audience score on RT is 45%. Compared to Attack of the Clones, which had a 56%. WOW.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:54 pm

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:I'll take all three prequels before TLJ ANY day of the week. Do you see TLJ giving us great memes? No.

Plus, while critics were sucking the film's ****, the audience score on RT is 45%. Compared to Attack of the Clones, which had a 56%. WOW.

They also gave Justice League and Venom scores in the high 70's and 80's. So yeah... I don't always agree with critics, but I'll take the opinions and views of people who's jobs are to critique and break down films over a bunch of nerds crying about Laura Dern and Snoke any day of the week. It's always funny, because the people who tend to skreeonk and moan about "SJW" are usually the ones who skreeonk and play victim the most. Cast one black dude, and folks act like white people are getting rounded up and thrown in internment camps.

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:59 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:

They also gave Justice League and Venom scores in the high 70's and 80's. So yeah... I don't always agree with critics, but I'll take the opinions and views of people who's jobs are to critique and break down films over a bunch of nerds crying about Laura Dern and Snoke any day of the week. It's always funny, because the people who tend to skreeonk and moan about "SJW" are usually the ones who skreeonk and play victim the most. Cast one black dude, and folks act like white people are getting rounded up and thrown in internment camps.

Casting non-whites isn't what bothers me. Far from it, actually. It's just that the characters are POORLY written, annoying, or just Mary Sues. But lets not get too heated here.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 pm

Gojira18 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Plus, while critics were sucking the film's ****, the audience score on RT is 45%. Compared to Attack of the Clones, which had a 56%. WOW.

Casting non-whites isn't what bothers me. Far from it, actually. It's just that the characters are POORLY written, annoying, or just Mary Sues. But lets not get too heated here.

Oh I'm just pointing out what people seem to cry about most when it comes to these movies. I'm perfectly fine with those notes. Like I said, it's not great by any means.

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:10 pm

Seriously?

:lol: :lol:

Theres a thread for this? And its all the way to 8 pages?

I mean, is this really such a big deal that Godzilla ran, or rather sprinted?

Too many questions so little time.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:13 pm

goji89 wrote:Seriously?

It's very hard for some folks to understand why Godzilla would be able to run, after years of watching a dude in a suit struggle to even walk. :lol:

goji89
Keizer

Postby goji89 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:16 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
goji89 wrote:Seriously?

It's very hard for some folks to understand why Godzilla would be able to run, after years of watching a dude in a suit struggle to even walk. :lol:

Holy shiit!!! There's even a poll for it? I didnt see it...... :lol: :lol: ..Oh TK never change.

Well then......Looks awesome.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”