Godzilla Running

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Godzilla running

Looks Awesome
48%
Looks Stupid
11%
Will improve by the time the film is released
41%

Total votes: 100

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Running

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira18 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: Agree to disagree on JWFK then. JP3 is MILES ahead of FK imo. But yeah, TLJ is an abomination. Legendary's probably one of the less greedy movie companies, so my faith isn't TOTALLY destroyed yet lol.
Yeah I mean I'm a big fan of the entire JP franchise, it got less gruesome as of JW but the third act more than made up for it, I liked the tonal switch up in the middle of JWFK, from Adventure to Horror/Suspense. TLJ like you said is a complete disaster I have no clue how they fumbled the ball so badly. Legendary has been great to me so far, Pacific Rim/G14/K:SI, Detective Pikachu seems nostalgically good, plus G19 and GvK in 2020... Man, They have my full attention.
That and the MCU is still going strong. Endgame and KOTM are at the top of my Hype List
Oh yeah for sure, me too. I do think Endgame is the MCUs Swan Song though, all the post IW films just don't seem as interesting as the main Avengers line up. Spiderman and Black Panther could hold it for a little while longer, I'm not too interested in a Black Widow film or a New teen Avengers movie.

Added in 40 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote:I love how one, second long scene is enough for people to start thinking the movie will be awful.

This thread is a skreeonking blessing, I haven't laughed like that in years :lol:

(But seriously, the shot is 100% sped up. The lighting clearly gives it away).
Okay good I'm not the only one that sees it :lol: :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Yeah I mean I'm a big fan of the entire JP franchise, it got less gruesome as of JW but the third act more than made up for it, I liked the tonal switch up in the middle of JWFK, from Adventure to Horror/Suspense. TLJ like you said is a complete disaster I have no clue how they fumbled the ball so badly. Legendary has been great to me so far, Pacific Rim/G14/K:SI, Detective Pikachu seems nostalgically good, plus G19 and GvK in 2020... Man, They have my full attention.
That and the MCU is still going strong. Endgame and KOTM are at the top of my Hype List
Oh yeah for sure, me too. I do think Endgame is the MCUs Swan Song though, all the post IW films just don't seem as interesting as the main Avengers line up. Spiderman and Black Panther could hold it for a little while longer, I'm not too interested in a Black Widow film or a New teen Avengers movie.

Added in 40 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote:I love how one, second long scene is enough for people to start thinking the movie will be awful.

This thread is a skreeonking blessing, I haven't laughed like that in years :lol:

I admit it took me some time to notice too, but after watching the HD version on Vimeo I saw pretty clearly that the lightning bolts move faster than they should. This doesn't surprise me, trailers artificially speed up shots all the time for dramatic effect.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Dv-218 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: That and the MCU is still going strong. Endgame and KOTM are at the top of my Hype List

Added in 40 seconds:

I admit it took me some time to notice too, but after watching the HD version on Vimeo I saw pretty clearly that the lightning bolts move faster than they should. This doesn't surprise me, trailers artificially speed up shots all the time for dramatic effect.
Yeah it seemed to me that it was sped up to match the song and theme of the trailer, the giveaways were the helicopters increasing in speed along with the lightning

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Oh yeah for sure, me too. I do think Endgame is the MCUs Swan Song though, all the post IW films just don't seem as interesting as the main Avengers line up. Spiderman and Black Panther could hold it for a little while longer, I'm not too interested in a Black Widow film or a New teen Avengers movie.

Added in 40 seconds:

Yeah it seemed to me that it was sped up to match the song and theme of the trailer, the giveaways were the helicopters increasing in speed along with the lightning
Yeah. Not to mention, the ridiculously fast zoom in at Godzilla and Ghidorah right before the title appears is a rather big indicator too. If anything, i'm honestly surprised some people think it will actually look exactly like this in the movie.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I just want to say that Godzilla running or not...

I love you guys.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Well probably because…
*minor spoilers to end the debate of whether or not this scene is in the movie*
Spoiler:
It’s already been stated by a test screener to be in the movie
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Well probably because…
*minor spoilers to end the debate of whether or not this scene is in the movie*
Spoiler:
It’s already been stated by a test screener to be in the movie
I didn't say it won't be in the movie tho? It's pretty clear it will be. Just commented about the possibility of the scene being sped up in the trailer and being slightly slower in the movie.
Spoiler:
Did he say anything about how it played out? Was it the same way it looked in the trailer, or with slight differences? Legit curious. Perhaps I was wrong lol.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

It’s obviously sped up, you can tell by the lightning flashes.
Although I feel like that’s not the arguement at hand, it’s whether or not people think Godzilla should run.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:It’s obviously sped up, you can tell by the lightning flashes.
Although I feel like that’s not the argument at hand, it’s whether or not people think Godzilla should run.
I think these people aren't too mad at Godzilla running as they are the speed that he's running at in the trailer, which they don't realize is sped up. That's likely where the confusion is stemming from.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Oh… well that’s really, really stupid then because you can easily watch that scene and see that the lightning striking in the background is sped up.
#slatternking

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Oh… well that’s really, really stupid then because you can easily watch that scene and see that the lightning striking in the background is sped up.
I completely agree lol, I've been saying the same since release

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Oh… well that’s really, really stupid then because you can easily watch that scene and see that the lightning striking in the background is sped up.
Lmao you hit the nail on the head there. And I mean, this isn't some sort of weak excuse- it's so obviously sped up it doesn't even take an expert to notice it :lol:

Tbh this thread is beating a dead horse.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dv-218 wrote: Tbh this thread is beating a dead horse.
No shiit, they are at this pointing desecrating the body.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

...Is this really thread?
We don't need this.
It's been speed up.
Case close
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

ManuJM1997 wrote:...Is this really thread?
We don't need this.
It's been speed up.
Case close
You'd be surprised, there was a good amount of time before I joined where the general consensus was that it wasn't sped up and everyone disliked it. Luckily we saved it in the last few pages :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

behold, the most pointless thread on on this ENTIRE website!

seriously, how on EARTH did this get to TEN pages? another good reason why i almost never go to the MonsterVerse thread.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

tyrantgoji wrote:behold, the most pointless thread on on this ENTIRE website!

seriously, how on EARTH did this get to TEN pages? another good reason why i almost never go to the MonsterVerse thread.
You'd think the speed up would be common knowledge lol
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

tyrantgoji wrote:behold, the most pointless thread on on this ENTIRE website!

It really is amazing that a few seconds of Godzilla running could result in a topic ten pages long.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Never underestimate the members of Toho Kingdom.
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

We have a Minya Why all the hate? Thread for crying out loud.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.