Godzilla Running

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Godzilla running

Looks Awesome
48%
Looks Stupid
11%
Will improve by the time the film is released
41%

Total votes: 100

Shadow
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Running

Post by Shadow »

Maritonic wrote:Can there be a "I don't care, it looks fine" button?
Bam! My vote.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Who cares, he’s done it in ToMG, Zone Fighter, and GxMegaguirus, what’s the big deal now?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

Imagine Christopher Nolan doing Batman begins with the same script, using the same characters and actors. Now swap Christian Bale out for Adam West in all his full 60's glory... costume and everything. That's my take of how the running scene fits in with the Legendary Godzilla.

He may have done weird and hokey stuff back then, but he shouldn't be doing it now. It's one of the reasons Pacific Rim 2 was just a lame Power Ranger show with unimaginative robots and crappy monsters.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Who cares, he’s done it in ToMG, Zone Fighter, and GxMegaguirus, what’s the big deal now?
Wasn't there also a scene in Final Wars with Godzilla moving at a fairly fast pace?

Was it during the 3 on 1 fight against Anguirus, King Caesar & Rodan?

To be honest I haven't watched Final Wars in a couple of years...
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jogging at a slightly faster speed is "weird and hokey"?

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Like someone earlier in thread stated...

If Elephants, Hippos & Rhinos can have short bursts of increased movement speed...
then why not Godzilla?

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Grievous wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Who cares, he’s done it in ToMG, Zone Fighter, and GxMegaguirus, what’s the big deal now?
Wasn't there also a scene in Final Wars with Godzilla moving at a fairly fast pace?

Was it during the 3 on 1 fight against Anguirus, King Caesar & Rodan?

To be honest I haven't watched Final Wars in a couple of years...
I remember a brief shot of him charging Monster X, before they then leaped at one another. Don't know if that's what you're referring to, though.

#BotM

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Godzilla165 wrote: I remember a brief shot of him charging Monster X, before they then leaped at one another. Don't know if that's what you're referring to, though.
Oh yeah...there is that scene as well.

Not the one I was thinking of...but that example is even better.

:thumbsup:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

It's both the camera movement and an obvious short cut in the CGI department. It definitely looks dumb.
I don't think they'll fix it when the movie comes out, but it's not that big of a deal, there are movies in this franchise where you can see wires and the monsters being cut or semi-transparent due to the green screen.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Wait, is this debate still going on? I thought it was already settled that the shot in the trailer is sped up :lol:

Seriously, it's just one scene. It's not going to break the entire movie lol, especially if it's not as fast as shown in the trailer. And once again, Godzilla ran/charged plenty of times before that. Big and heavybuilt=/=slow, just look at Hippos and Elephants.

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

Dv-218 wrote:Wait, is this debate still going on?
Yep.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Everyone play the YT trailer at 0.75 speed and see magic happens.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

The reason he runs in the trailer is because he’s being fat shamed....

Really though, Showa or GFW references is a stretch because they are different philosophies. The reality is that he should be capable of short bursts of speed especially engaging an enemy.

IMO most complaints are sponsored by those that complained about Millenium Goji acting like a statue in so many shots.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

This happened, and we are still talking bout running?

I mean, it does look a bit silly but im confident it wont be as bad as in the trailer.

And again...

Last edited by Jaqua92 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I'm between 'improve' and 'looks good.' I don't mind him running as long as it is in burst plus that trailer looks sped up

Mosura92
Ronin

Post by Mosura92 »

I thought it was a good ending for the trailer i didnt get too caught up on the CGI of it because ill reserve that judgement til i see the finished product but i had no real qualms with the scene of Ghidorah and Godzilla facing off and running at one another

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Mosura92 wrote:I thought it was a good ending for the trailer i didnt get too caught up on the CGI of it because ill reserve that judgement til i see the finished product but i had no real qualms with the scene of Ghidorah and Godzilla facing off and running at one another
This, way too much nitpicking
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I can't believe that Godzilla running has actually created some controversy. I've seen some stupid ass posts on social media of people bitching about this. "WWHHHHY?! He didn't run in the Heisei series!!!" First off, that's because most of Heisei is garbage. Secondly, then you have a bulky ass, heavy, suit that big... It ain't happening. Dude could barely walk.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I think it looks fine

Maybe I’m just used to it because I played way too much Godzilla Unleashed and abused the sprint
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

To me it looks like a sfm animation. But it still looks awesome. He looks so mad charging at ghidorah.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.