*Major Spoilers* Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Full Plot Summary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Re: *Major Spoilers* Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Full Plot Summary

Post by LockBite »

Gotta say, I’m concerned that the not-Oxygen-Destroyer doesn’t seem to be the only potential one of its kind. I don’t like the notion that humanity has the blueprints for a weapon that could incapacitate and possibly kill Godzilla. Even if they deem it not strong enough to kill Godzilla, why not just launch it at all the other Titans?

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

LockBite wrote:Gotta say, I’m concerned that the not-Oxygen-Destroyer doesn’t seem to be the only potential one of its kind. I don’t like the notion that humanity has the blueprints for a weapon that could incapacitate and possibly kill Godzilla. Even if they deem it not strong enough to kill Godzilla, why not just launch it at all the other Titans?
The plot synopsis for G vs Kong suggests a war between humanity and the Titans. Since nukes have no effect, humans are clearly putting research and development into weapons that do affect the kaiju. I'd say the weapon introduced in GKOTM is probably the first of many, and hopefully we'll see military vs monster mayhem on par with KKvsG 62, GvsMothra 64, and War of the Gargantuas, culminating with the use of a kaiju created by humans (Destroyah or something entirely new) to take down both Godzilla and Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Watch King Ghidorah does survive in KotM only to be overpowered and killed by Destoroyah to highlight the threat level he poses requiring the combined team-work and might of Godzilla and Kong to even stand a chance against him. :P

I remember there was this fanart of Godzilla and Kong facing King Ghidorah (His shadow only seen). That should had been Destoroyah.

Sorry couldn't resist...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Watch King Ghidorah does survive in KotM only to be overpowered and killed by Destoroyah to highlight the threat level he poses requiring the combined team-work and might of Godzilla and Kong to even stand a chance against him. :P

I remember there was this fanart of Godzilla and Kong facing King Ghidorah (His shadow only seen). That should had been Destoroyah.

Sorry couldn't resist...
I wish for once you’d come up with a concept that’s not overly generic and cliché
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I wish for once you’d come up with a concept that’s not overly generic and cliché
Tis was a joke anyways. Its likely not even gonna happen tbh.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Thunderbird wrote:
LockBite wrote:Gotta say, I’m concerned that the not-Oxygen-Destroyer doesn’t seem to be the only potential one of its kind. I don’t like the notion that humanity has the blueprints for a weapon that could incapacitate and possibly kill Godzilla. Even if they deem it not strong enough to kill Godzilla, why not just launch it at all the other Titans?
The plot synopsis for G vs Kong suggests a war between humanity and the Titans. Since nukes have no effect, humans are clearly putting research and development into weapons that do affect the kaiju. I'd say the weapon introduced in GKOTM is probably the first of many, and hopefully we'll see military vs monster mayhem on par with KKvsG 62, GvsMothra 64, and War of the Gargantuas, culminating with the use of a kaiju created by humans (Destroyah or something entirely new) to take down both Godzilla and Kong.
I'd like to see Destoryah get in the Godzillaverse, but only as the final villain of the franchise.

As for the Oxygen Destroyer missile, it's probably an advanced prototype and Godzilla is the chosen guinea pig. Maybe Godzilla getting not getting outright killed and eventually gaining back his power, and then some, shows the military that the missile didn't work and they cancel it.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Too early to tell, but from how the scene is played out according to the summary, it sounds like the "Oxygen Destroyer" is a prototype test weapon. Universe wise, I imagine the goverment might consider it ineffective as it did not fully kill Godzilla (and definitely didn't kill Ghidorah lol), which will lead to them looking for alternate solutions.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I know its generic and cliche but the idea of Godzilla and Kong being surrounded by swarms of Destoroyah aggrerates and fighting them off Age of Ultron style would tbh be very sick to see.

Alright I'll shut up now. :oops:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I hope that we get some details on the Not-xygen Destroyer(see what I did hehe) before they launch it. The leaks are vague other than the fact it's basically a stand in for the OG Godzilla killer. Basically some specifics on what it is, however brief. That way we could get a guess on how/if it will effect the Ghidorah head and the other fauna.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Added in 2 minutes 33 seconds:
warman222 wrote:I hope that we get some details on the Not-xygen Destroyer(see what I did hehe) before they launch it. The leaks are vague other than the fact it's basically a stand in for the OG Godzilla killer. Basically some specifics on what it is, however brief. That way we could get a guess on how/if it will effect the Ghidorah head and the other fauna.
I would like that too tbh. From what is sounds like it simply destroys the breathable armosphere within the range of it's launch-point, but I would love to see more elaboration on it's effects.
For now, it seems that it will mostly serve as a buildup to the shock-reveal of Ghidorah's origins, and the revelation that Oxygen means nothing to him.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

Looks like I was right. Legendary's "Oxygen Destroyer" is only the first of several super weapons, according to this interview with Mike Dougherty, courtesy of Gormaru Island.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1038425975
Last edited by Thunderbird on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Thunderbird wrote:Looks like I was right. Legendary's "Oxygen Destroyer" is only the first of several super weapons, according to this interview with Mike Dougherty, courtesy of Gormaru Island.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 1038425975
I hope that the Super X3 makes it into the Godzillaverse because of this. After all, if it can not only take multiple spiral rays from Burning Godzilla and still beat him, then that alone makes it a superweapon in my book.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

The oxygen destroyer must do more than just eliminate the oxygen in the air. Maybe it targets the oxygen in victims’ bodies too.

One thing I don’t get at all is, how do the Titans around the world detect Ghidorah’s summons?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LockBite wrote:The oxygen destroyer must do more than just eliminate the oxygen in the air. Maybe it targets the oxygen in victims’ bodies too.

One thing I don’t get at all is, how do the Titans around the world detect Ghidorah’s summons?
I assume Titans can hear certain calls world wide as Godzilla was listening in on a call from Japan to Vegas with the Mutos.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

miguelnuva wrote:
LockBite wrote:The oxygen destroyer must do more than just eliminate the oxygen in the air. Maybe it targets the oxygen in victims’ bodies too.

I assume Titans can hear certain calls world wide as Godzilla was listening in on a call from Japan to Vegas with the Mutos.
That's what i'm thinking too. Especially because the "Orca" is implied to be modeled on sounds that apperantly only titans can hear in the leak. I assume that Ghidorah's roar (and most sounds the titans do) emits certain signals that the titans were able to pick up.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Dv-218 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

That's what i'm thinking too. Especially because the "Orca" is implied to be modeled on sounds that apperantly only titans can hear in the leak. I assume that Ghidorah's roar (and most sounds the titans do) emits certain signals that the titans were able to pick up.
But if Ghidorah is not from this world, how would these titans evolve to acknowledge Ghidorah's specific roar?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gojira18 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
But if Ghidorah is not from this world, how would these titans evolve to acknowledge Ghidorah's specific roar?
I assume Titans are speaking a language across long distances. King Ghidorah call could he as simple as Godzilla is dead, I'm your King now wake up.

All the Titans have different roars to us but to them it's a unified language.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
I assume Titans are speaking a language across long distances. King Ghidorah call could he as simple as Godzilla is dead, I'm your King now wake up.

Yeah but still, it's like having native Everglades animals knowing what a Burmese Python is and what it's capable of, just doesn't make sense

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Gojira18 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: But if Ghidorah is not from this world, how would these titans evolve to acknowledge Ghidorah's specific roar?

Yeah but still, it's like having native Everglades animals knowing what a Burmese Python is and what it's capable of, just doesn't make sense
The Titans seem to be somewhat smarter than “normal” animals, evidently understanding concepts of loyalty and hierarchy and whatnot and able to communicate with different species.

Perhaps they remember Ghidorah from his earlier attacks?
Last edited by G2000 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

G2000 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

The Titans seem to be somewhat smarter than “normal” animals, evidently understanding concepts of loyalty and hierarchy and whatnot and able to communicate with different species.

Perhaps they remember Ghidorah from his earlier attacks?
Maybe. Maybe they were survivors of Ghidorah's pillaging or saw his past fights with Godzilla