*Major Spoilers* Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Full Plot Summary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Re: *Major Spoilers* Godzilla: King Of The Monsters Full Plot Summary

Post by SG-17 »

I love how this film seemingly combines the best of the Showa and Heisei films but leans more towards the Showa in structure and plot.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SG-17 wrote:I love how this film seemingly combines the best of the Showa and Heisei films but leans more towards the Showa in structure and plot.
This is what excites me the most- from what it looks like, they basically take elements from both the Showa and Heisei series, adapt them appropriately and improve when needed. Imo it's a great way to make references feel fresh.

And I gotta say- perhaps i'm exaggragating, but this Ghidorah sounds like it'll be the closest version to the original vision of the character in his debut movie yet- only this time, it's shown to it's full extent. And after seeing it visualized it the trailer, i'm more hyped than ever :D

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

Random thought on the post credit scene. Does anyone think that the Ghidorah head might end up becoming this universes equivalent of Destroyah? Like we have a monstrosity that is not truly a Ghidorah but not really Destroyah either? Like some warped or mutated beast from the de-oxygenator with Ghidorah attributes?
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

warman222 wrote:Random thought on the post credit scene. Does anyone think that the Ghidorah head might end up becoming this universes equivalent of Destroyah? Like we have a monstrosity that is not truly a Ghidorah but not really Destroyah either? Like some warped or mutated beast from the de-oxygenator with Ghidorah attributes?
I am not sure where the statement came from, but I had originally heard that the post-credit scene was a fisherman in Mexico bringing up some Destoroyah crabs. One of the posters on ResetEra who saw an early screening said that there wasn't a post-credit scene when he saw it last summer, so maybe there was the crab scene made before they were sure if they could get the rights to Destoroyah or not.
Last edited by SG-17 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I didn't say Destroyah and i believe the concensus was it was always a ghidorah head and the incomplete effects made it hard to tell. I said Destroyah EQUIVALENT, i.e. a Titan made from the weapon that "killed" Godzilla. Like a deformed ghidorah looking creature that mutates or evolves into something much worse than its parts. Idk maybe I'm just grasping at straws.
Last edited by warman222 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The 1st 4chan leak said it looked like a crab to him or a Ghidorah head but the effects were incomplete.

I wouldn't them using Ghidorah as a base to create an original Titan down the line but I want the head to turn into a new Ghidorah down the line.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

miguelnuva wrote:The 1st 4chan leak said it looked like a crab to him or a Ghidorah head but the effects were incomplete.

I wouldn't them using Ghidorah as a base to create an original Titan down the line but I want the head to turn into a new Ghidorah down the line.
Imagine they use the head as a base for a new monster but they lose control and eventually Ghidorah's genes reassert themselves and a new badder Ghidorah is born. Sort of combine the concepts of Kiryu and Monster X/Kaizer Ghidorah.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Commander_HooHa wrote:On another note what if (And i am not too keen on this idea) they use Ghidorahs head to augment Kong since this Jonah guy probably wants Godzilla out of the picture. That way they can do a callback to KKvG with Kong having some sort of electrified punches or something.
^This.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Thanks for posting this for easy access man

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Tyrant28 wrote:As for the Ghidorah head, I like the idea of them using Ghidorah’s dna to create their own Titan since Ghidorah has regenerative abilities. Kinda like He Who Shall Not Be Named from Super Godzilla.

Jonah- "We combined Ghidorah's DNA with Godzilla's and added to a monster from Earth's super ancient past. The result...

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I also find it interesting that there are some major loose ends and implications by the end of this plot. Like we have Rodan surviving the film and being subservient to Godzilla as well as ALL those other titans. Even if the Ghidorah head thing isn't a plot point for GvK we still have all these other Titans. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Rodan ends up fighting Kong at some point. Like despite the title pertaining to Godzilla vs Kong, clearly it's gonna be an insane ride with a lot of stuff happening.
Last edited by warman222 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Godzilla vs Kong is gonna be some exciting stuff... it’s not only a retelling if these two iconic Kaiju battling, but will still follow the MonsterVerse story.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does Godzilla ever use his nuclear breath at Ghidorah?
Yeah, there’s this really awesome scene during the Antarctica sequence where Godzilla goes to blast Ghidorah with the atomic breath, but he recoils all his necks at once to dodge the blast and make it fly right past him.
Holy cow that sounds amazing. Sounds like they got creative with the fights

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Hmmm...You know, after rewatching the trailer, it seems that Godzilla's appearance DOES change slightly after his "revival" by Serizawa's nuke. Is it just me, or do his spines look bigger in the "atomic beacon" scene and the Boston scene than in the Antacrtica scene, S.H figure and poster? They almost remind me of G2000 lol.

Added in 3 minutes 10 seconds:
Troyal1 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Does Godzilla ever use his nuclear breath at Ghidorah?
Yeah, there’s this really awesome scene during the Antarctica sequence where Godzilla goes to blast Ghidorah with the atomic breath, but he recoils all his necks at once to dodge the blast and make it fly right past him.
Holy cow that sounds amazing. Sounds like they got creative with the fights
Completely agreed- from the descriptions, it seems that the fights will be top notch in this movie. Pretty excited :D
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Overall, I like the plot outline. One major nitpick I have is Graham being killed, and especially the way she is killed. It'd be nice to see one surviving cast member from the beginning of the series to the end, her and Serizawa would fit that bill IMO (though Serizawa's death is at least heroic and fitting, despite not wanting to see him die, neither). I didn't like Joe Brody dying, I didn't like Randa dying, and I feel Packard should have had a redeeming moment before getting killed. Key characters dying should feel like key characters dying, not one-off background red-shirt to add to the kill count.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

PRIMEVAL wrote:Overall, I like the plot outline. One major nitpick I have is Graham being killed, and especially the way she is killed. It'd be nice to see one surviving cast member from the beginning of the series to the end, her and Serizawa would fit that bill IMO (though Serizawa's death is at least heroic and fitting, despite not wanting to see him die, neither). I didn't like Joe Brody dying, I didn't like Randa dying, and I feel Packard should have had a redeeming moment before getting killed. Key characters dying should feel like key characters dying, not one-off background red-shirt to add to the kill count.
Something tells me they’re ‘cleansing’ and cutting off ties to 2014 and doing a soft reboot on the whole universe.
Yooo 8-)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

JGAR wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:Overall, I like the plot outline. One major nitpick I have is Graham being killed, and especially the way she is killed. It'd be nice to see one surviving cast member from the beginning of the series to the end, her and Serizawa would fit that bill IMO (though Serizawa's death is at least heroic and fitting, despite not wanting to see him die, neither). I didn't like Joe Brody dying, I didn't like Randa dying, and I feel Packard should have had a redeeming moment before getting killed. Key characters dying should feel like key characters dying, not one-off background red-shirt to add to the kill count.
Something tells me they’re ‘cleansing’ and cutting off ties to 2014 and doing a soft reboot on the whole universe.
Here we go again :roll:
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I mean why would they kill them off both? For Watanabe I understand his health is worsening but Hawkins?

And it’s not like they’re doing a new cast for each film; MBB, Kyle Chandler, Charles Dance and presumably all who survived KOTM will show up again in 2020.

Why didn’t they bring back the Brodys? Oh yeah that’s right, who even liked them LOL.
Yooo 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

JGAR wrote:Why didn’t they bring back the Brodys? Oh yeah that’s right, who even liked them LOL.
Its a headcanon of mine that Ford and his family were killed during the events of KotM from the attacks by the Titans attacks as well as King Ghidorah.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

JGAR wrote:
I can't for the life of me see what gives you that impression. Hell, they just recently said that Godzilla: Awakening was still canon! If that's still canon, 2014 certainly is and will be fully.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)