Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GojiDog
G-Grasper

Re: Titan Design Thread - Unknown New Kaiju

Post by GojiDog »

First of all, I am totally cool with new monsters. I say all the time, expanding the monster family is always welcome.

One of my issues with the more modern films (lets say GMK onward) is that there seems to be an over reliance towards bringing the big names back and not focusing as much on creating new monsters. I know not everyone liked them, but jeez, I went nuts for the MUTOs. They were well executed and hey, NEW MONSTERS! Gareth Edwards added to the mythos rather than recycling it. Thanks for that!

BUT, if we do get some familiar faces in cameo roles...and one of them is Anguiras...I might explode right there in the theater in a fit of joy, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

GojiDog wrote:First of all, I am totally cool with new monsters. I say all the time, expanding the monster family is always welcome.

One of my issues with the more modern films (lets say GMK onward) is that there seems to be an over reliance towards bringing the big names back and not focusing as much on creating new monsters. I know not everyone liked them, but jeez, I went nuts for the MUTOs. They were well executed and hey, NEW MONSTERS! Gareth Edwards added to the mythos rather than recycling it. Thanks for that!
I'm glad to see the MUTOs getting more love recently. I thought I was the only one who really liked them.
BUT, if we do get some familiar faces in cameo roles...and one of them is Anguiras...I might explode right there in the theater in a fit of joy, lol.
I love Anguirus so much that I'd actually be disappointed to see him appear only as a cameo. If Legendary had the rights to Anguirus, I'd want him to be kicking Ghidorah's ass right alongside Godzilla.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Idk why people jump to Toho monsters the second they see a new monster.
They did this back in 2013-2014 when everyone swore up and down the Male MUTO was Mothra or Rodan…

Idk why it’s such a strange concept for some people to just look at an unfamiliar monster and go “oh, a new guy!” Instead of going “OMG!!! WB spent thousands of dollars on a generic existing Toho kaiju instead of making their own for free!!!”.
I don't really mind this to be honest. When you're familiar with the movies and see something that looks like a thing from them; especially from the perspective of a kid like LivingCorpse said, your mind thinks "Oh, it's that character, cool." I do admit to being one of those people who thought Rodan was in 2014 because, from what was shown, it was a flying monster at an angle where it could have been anything.

I don't think kids or people who aren't knowledgeable in how that stuff works even care about character rights anyway.

I'm excited to see these monsters, whether they are returning or new; even though they'll most likely have a few seconds of screen time.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

GojiDog wrote:First of all, I am totally cool with new monsters. I say all the time, expanding the monster family is always welcome.

The last new monster that I really liked was Monster X. I'm going to guess that the two new monsters in the trailer are probably a centipede and a turtle similar to Kamoebas.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

vibramrunner wrote:Obviously when they were excavating Ghidorah they accidentally drilled into Reptilicus. It's Reptilicus.
Then slice him thin and pile 'em high!
. . .

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:

The last new monster that I really liked was Monster X. I'm going to guess that the two new monsters in the trailer are probably a centipede and a turtle similar to Kamoebas.
I was kinda thinking that bumpy shell thing too in the moving mountain
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Watching the Vimeo trailer, I think I see a mouth on the scorpion kaiju. Right in the center. As it comes out of the ground it closes.
Anyway you could circle where to look?
Sorry, late response. I tried to GIF it, I can provide an outline if it helps:

https://i.gyazo.com/d2417948beb5a501f65 ... 346186.mp4

Keep your eye on where the Ospreay's wing connects to the main body.

Pic if it helps.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Don’t forget that these kaiju will likely return in KVG in bigger roles.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Since I can't make it out myself, could you maybe describe what the mouth shape looks like? Does this thing sport a scorpion/spider-like mouth, are is this creature something else all together cause I really hope it's not just a big ass scorpion.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Anonziller wrote:
Kongamera wrote:
M.U.T.O. wrote:...Black Scorpion, anyone?
Possible. I believe WB owns the right to that movie.
They do. WB has the rights to the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, the Valley of Gwangi, and Them! as well.
I'm kind of surprised at how many people think it's gonna be guest fighters or old lesser known Toho monsters.

It's most likely gonna be new monsters made for this film.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Since I can't make it out myself, could you maybe describe what the mouth shape looks like? Does this thing sport a scorpion/spider-like mouth, are is this creature something else all together cause I really hope it's not just a big ass scorpion.
Sorry, my crops were pretty shit, haven't gotten used to Gyazo's GIF feature yet.

I tried outlining the mouth in Photoshop:

In the trailer it moves in kind of a curve, almost like the head part is sitting up. The mouth looks sort of circular, definitely not like that of a normal scorpion. Almost reminds me of the Meganulon from Megaguirus.

In case the outline doesn't help, I also drew what I think I'm seeing (obviously not what the creature will look like):
https://i.imgur.com/DUMWzp5.jpg

Sorry if these aren't much help.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I wonder if it will just be these 2 new monsters from the trailer or if there’s more to come I already thought it was packed with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and that other guy lol

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

UltramanGoji wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'm still having a problem seeing it, sorry. You're probably right though

Sorry, my crops were pretty shit, haven't gotten used to Gyazo's GIF feature yet.

I tried outlining the mouth in Photoshop:

In the trailer it moves in kind of a curve, almost like the head part is sitting up. The mouth looks sort of circular, definitely not like that of a normal scorpion. Almost reminds me of the Meganulon from Megaguirus.

In case the outline doesn't help, I also drew what I think I'm seeing (obviously not what the creature will look like):
https://i.imgur.com/DUMWzp5.jpg

Sorry if these aren't much help.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dr. Professor wrote:

I'm glad to see the MUTOs getting more love recently. I thought I was the only one who really liked them.
I love Anguirus so much that I'd actually be disappointed to see him appear only as a cameo. If Legendary had the rights to Anguirus, I'd want him to be kicking Ghidorah's ass right alongside Godzilla.
They’re not like my favorite monsters, but I’m really happy to see the Mutos return even if just for a cameo because I don’t want them to be strange one offs like a lot of monsters that are never shown again.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Is it just me or that mountain creature as the name implies, looks just way too big to be a kaiju? Goji and Ghidorah are huge, skyscraper sized but not mountain sized. Are we getting a new tier in kaiju size now?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:

They’re not like my favorite monsters, but I’m really happy to see the Mutos return even if just for a cameo because I don’t want them to be strange one offs like a lot of monsters that are never shown again.
I for one kind of liked the MUTO kaiju. I liked the way they fought in tandom and definitely came across as a couple on a mission.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

ultrazilla wrote:Is it just me or that mountain creature as the name implies, looks just way too big to be a kaiju? Goji and Ghidorah are huge, skyscraper sized but not mountain sized. Are we getting a new tier in kaiju size now?
There’s not really anything to compare that to, it might not be that big.
GO GO GOJI KUN

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LegendaryMonster wrote:I wonder if it will just be these 2 new monsters from the trailer or if there’s more to come I already thought it was packed with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and that other guy lol
His name is King Ghidorah.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

I'm personally hoping the mountain kaiju is Anguirus, since I've said numerous times he'd be a perfect fit for the Monsterverse. It's probably something new though.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

Living Corpse wrote:
LegendaryMonster wrote:I wonder if it will just be these 2 new monsters from the trailer or if there’s more to come I already thought it was packed with Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and that other guy lol
His name is King Ghidorah.
Haha yeah I know that was a joke, just cause obviously he’s the most anticipated monster for most users here it seems