Titan Design Thread: Mothra

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What Do You Think?

Love it!
70%
Hate it...
5%
Meh.
25%

Total votes: 93

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Re: Titan Design Thread: Mothra

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

ebirah_scampi wrote:Is it just me or does the SH Monsterarts figure look almost nothing like Mothra as seen in the trailer? In the new footage her head is bigger, the eyes are classic Mothra, and the design is actually something I love as opposed to what we saw at Tokyo CC.
I kind of thought that too, but it may be more just seeing her in action. I definitely need to compare more. That said, I like her much, MUCH more in motion.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

It looks like the figure is missing a set of limbs, actually; there are clearly six in the trailer but only four on the figure
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

It's actually kind of shocking how off the MonsterArts figure is. I'd say Ghidorah and Rodan are spot on, Godzilla's more or less right, but Mothra is WAY off. She looks fantastic in the trailer.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Yeah, her figure really didn’t portray her correctly at all, not even close in a lot of regards. Her colours in the trailer are much more traditional looking, her furr is present, her eyes are bigger, etc. I feel as though the MA figure was based off of Mothra’s concept art, more so than how she actually looks in-film.

Maybe the final figure will be different.

#BotM

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah, I have a strong feeling the S.H figure was modeled of the early concept art showed at the same panel. Definitely not a good representation of the movie design lol.
Which is weird, considering Godzilla, Rodan and Ghidorah are more or less accurate.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Looks like Mothra's mouth is totally different in the trailer, too.

Idk, I like both the toy and what was in the trailer so no complaints.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I actually prefer the toy design over the finished one. >_>

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I loved the design of the toy but the actual thing in motion takes the cake. One of my favorite designs already.
:terrestris:

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

I love how badass Mothra looks in this.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Mothra kinda reminds me more of like an angry wasp. I kinda like it. I’ve never been one to hate on Mothra or her past appearances but I admit it’s good to see her seem like she’s got a chance in the fight as more than just a distraction until Godzilla shows up.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra and Rodan were stated to not be finished which is why they aren't going up for pre order with Godzilla and Ghidorah.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

baragon123
Samurai

Post by baragon123 »

It's my least favorite design so far, but I still quite like it. If any of the kaiju were going to have a radical redesign it was for sure gonna be Mothra. I will say seeing her in motion made me appreciate the design a bit more.
Out of the grave, Death is stalking you, You can't escape, YOU'RE EATEN ALIVE!-Eaten Alive by Repulsion

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

G2000 wrote:It looks like the figure is missing a set of limbs, actually; there are clearly six in the trailer but only four on the figure
I keep seeing this and I don’t understand how anyone’s missing the other set of legs under her front legs, they’re kinda like queen alien located on the figure.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's kind of surprising how just adding a little fuzz + white and blue colors helped me like this design even more. I was apprehensive but still intrigued by the SHMA figure but seeing the trailer just made me like it even more.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

She looks very cool in the trailer, now that's how a deity needs to look, full on fur, a lot of color, wide and big eyes, and generally speaking, she looks HUGE... once again, SHMA messed up the sculpt. :lol:
Kinda curious now to see whatever NECA is baking, Maybe that's why they didn't allowed them to show anything? Could it be that they are making the screen accurate figure this time?
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s possible she changes colors frequently throughout the film, or they used more traditional colors for the figure to unveil in japan. Keep in mind that was a Tokyo comic con.

And of course, it’s a static figure and not a movie. It’s slso possible that Mothra’s eyes can expand or close.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I like the toy and what we're actually getting in the film. I have zero complaints.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s possible she changes colors frequently throughout the film,
Very possible, she is bio-luminescence.

Blue,green, white : Calm.

Red, orange, black: Pissed off.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I think Mothra looks quite menacing in the trailer, she doesn't look peaceful.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I think Mothra looks quite menacing in the trailer, she doesn't look peaceful.
The first trailer is super majestic, second is fight fight fight. I imagine that the full film will be a mix of both.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.