Will King of the Monsters be the best Godzilla yet?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Greatest Godzilla film of all time?

Yes
39%
No
61%

Total votes: 57

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Will King of the Monsters be the best Godzilla yet?

Post by miguelnuva »

As the poll says, with all the hype from the crew working on it and the first trailer being released what are you thoughts. Are we heading toward the greatest Godzilla film of all time?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Will King of the Monsters be the best Godzilla yet?

Post by LegendZilla »

Hopefully one of the top 5 for sure.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I'm excited and I hope it's one of the best, but I can't say I'll know for sure right now.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Monster/action wise? I have no doubt it will be at least one of the best. With modern technology there's so much readily available to make the monsters great.

Character/story wise? i'm actually a little nervous they'll go the Kong route with it.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

I got a feeling this may have some of the best action and monster fights of ANY Godzilla movie. Story and characters, I'm not that fussed about. If it's good, great! If not, at least we got great action.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I still to this day prefer Godzilla 2014 over Kong as the atmosphere and tone really made everything seem a lot more important and memorable, but I’m hoping KOTM exceeds my expectations.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Lol no
Spoiler:
But it might be the best American Godzilla movie
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Lol no
Spoiler:
But it might be the best American Godzilla movie
Oh shit, I JUST realized what this thread was all about, I thought he was asking if it’d be better than the previous two MonsterVerse movies :lol:

Hell no, it’ll never be the best, that honor goes to Gojira, Mothra vs. Godzilla, GTTHM, and Astro Monster.

It’ll no doubt be the best American Godzilla film, hands down, and it might even be the best representation of Ghidorah we’ve ever seen :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

One thing is for certain. It'll definitely be an improvement from Godzilla (2014). Though I enjoyed it I had some problems with that film.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Oh shit, I JUST realized what this thread was all about, I thought he was asking if it’d be better than the previous two MonsterVerse movies :lol:

Hell no, it’ll never be the best, that honor goes to Gojira, Mothra vs. Godzilla, GTTHM, and Astro Monster.

It’ll no doubt be the best American Godzilla film, hands down, and it might even be the best representation of Ghidorah we’ve ever seen :lol:
I'd actually argue that KKvG is way better than Ghidrah since the dramatic footage has some stronger directing and as a whole it's a lot less sloppy, but that's a discussion for another thread.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

To say it will be the best movie of all time guarantees disappointment. In fact, probably those that said “Yes” would find the movie to be ‘okay’ after a while if the movie turns out good.
Long Live The King

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

It will most likely be the Best American Godzilla movie to date for sure. As for best Godzilla film, probably not but not many on here is really expecting it to be.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

It's definitely pretty risky to say it might be the best Godzilla movie yet- it's not exactly an easy status to achieve, and pretending it will is just setting up for a letdown.

However, I think it can be said for certain it'll be the best American Godzilla movie ever made, and a major improvement over 2014.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

I cannot imagine how it could be.

I'd say it has a decent chance of being in the top 5, but even that is very up in the air right now.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I'm predicting it will be in my top 10 maybe but it's gonna take a lot to make it my FAVORITE Godzilla movie.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

In the world of reality and not under the spell of nostalgia, yes it will be.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Moogabunga wrote:In the world of reality and not under the spell of nostalgia, yes it will be.
In a world of reality and not under the spell of pretty modern CGI special effects, it very likely won't be.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Moogabunga wrote:In the world of reality and not under the spell of nostalgia, yes it will be.
A world without nostalgia... so the world of children? Yeah I can see that, big CGI monster fights is very appealing at a young age.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I doubt it'll be anything more than a fun summer blockbuster with little regard to heavy themes. I would absolutely love to be wrong, although the leaks have me worried.

No way it'll top most of the Showa Era or Shin.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

It could be....Time will tell.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."