Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

Post by Tyrant28 »

This Titan has way too much of a change in physiology to another stage of the Mutos’ lifestage, it is most likely just a related species. Consider they said it is related to the Mutos and not a Muto itself.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Still excited for this, but damn seems so lazy to just make it a new Muto. I was hoping it would be something just totally new.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Tyrant28 wrote:This Titan has way too much of a change in physiology to another stage of the Mutos’ lifestage, it is most likely just a related species. Consider they said it is related to the Mutos and not a Muto itself.
This, they’ve already officially stated that this was a subspecies of MUTO and people are already coming up with fan theories on it being a full grown MUTO :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Lmao how can this be a "full grown" MUTO if the MUTO pair were shown reproducing in 2014 :lol:

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Filmed this but I'm having some audio sync issues currently. I'll upload when it's ready.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dv-218 wrote:Lmao how can this be a "full grown" MUTO if the MUTO pair were shown reproducing in 2014 :lol:
Um, you do know most animals including people can have kids before they are fully grown? That's why teen pregnancy is even a thing, and most animals aren't gonna wait till they are fully mature.

AlanMorlock
Yojimbo

Post by AlanMorlock »

Dv-218 wrote:Lmao how can this be a "full grown" MUTO if the MUTO pair were shown reproducing in 2014 :lol:

2014 is basically just Teen Mom: MUTO Edition.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Living Corpse wrote:
Um, you do know most animals including people can have kids before they are fully grown? That's why teen pregnancy is even a thing, and most animals aren't gonna wait till they are fully mature.
Yeah seriously this Femuto was just a couple days old this this Muto Titan is obviously much older and obviously more powerful and more like a legit threat to Godzilla than either one is alone in the movie ironically this Muto is a more convincing natural enemy to Godzilla. But since it's stated that it's a different subspecies altogether then I'll go with it. Just fun to speculate on the life of monsters especially if we don't know much about they're complete life cycle.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
We saw the Male Born as a larva and then mature and hatch in g14 though, he's fully grown.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

We didn't see his larval form all we saw was the aftermath. Besides it seems too me that the Mutos adapt their reproduction depending to the radioactive substance the young feed on note the implied size difference between the larval male and obviously smaller and not to mention more numerous young in San Francisco.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

If it turns out to be related to the MUTOs, I hope that they use this graphic novel as a way to give the species an actual name (since MUTOs has been used in other places in the Monsterverse now.)
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Fermix wrote:If it turns out to be related to the MUTOs, I hope that they use this graphic novel as a way to give the species an actual name (since MUTOs has been used in other places in the Monsterverse now.)
“Titans” seems to have effectively replaced the MUTO acronym so I don’t think they’ll be named.

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

I personally think the name “Muto” fits them pretty well. They just look like a Muto, if that makes sense. I feel we are at the point that it’d be weird if they were given another name.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:We didn't see his larval form all we saw was the aftermath. Besides it seems too me that the Mutos adapt their reproduction depending to the radioactive substance the young feed on note the implied size difference between the larval male and obviously smaller and not to mention more numerous young in San Francisco.
We saw the larva hatch, swim to Janjira and cocoon unless you mean we didn't see the actual creature.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

The Male Muto’s larvae form was showed in the special features, he pretty much was a smaller and skinnier form of the Female. Which makes sense considering we seen their offspring look like that.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Will note the Male Muto was capable of burrowing and the female tunneled out of a mountain so them being diggers isn't new. If not a MUTO species itself, I'd gander this is a relative. Kinda like how in Tremors there is the prehistoric Graboids (Movies 1-4) and modern Graboids (Movies 5-6). Perhaps something similar here with the Muto from 2014 being the archaic versions where as this is the Post-Permian species or a related sister genus?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Well obviously, Except the movie implied and mentioned them to be fully grown and at the end of their development cycle.

I mean, I guess this could be an exceptionally old MUTO (similar to how some crocodiles continue to grow even after they reach adulthood), but some of it's features like the spikes, slightly different jaws and legs make me think it could just be a related species adapted to subterran life, or perhaps even a descendant.

Added in 2 minutes 55 seconds:
AlanMorlock wrote:

2014 is basically just Teen Mom: MUTO Edition.

"Godzilla: Law and Order, teen parents division" :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

They literally confirmed it was a relative, not the same.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:They literally confirmed it was a relative, not the same.
Exactly lol :lol:

I'm interested in seeing what kind of name they will give it, considering the MUTO's didn't technically have one....
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Dv-218 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:They literally confirmed it was a relative, not the same.
Exactly lol :lol:

I'm interested in seeing what kind of name they will give it, considering the MUTO's didn't technically have one....
MUTO 2: Electromagnetic Boogaloo (?)
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home