Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock, a prequel graphic novel to KOTM

Post by BlankAccount »

Earth: "Hey Doctor Google I have a slight hurricane and earthquakes."

Dr. Google: "My diagnostics is you have APOCALYPTIC MONSTERS!"

Earth: "AHHHHHHHH!!!"

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I hope they show off at the silhouette of the new monster, to build up hype for since it seems like they are making it out as a direct nemesis to Godzilla like Ghidorah rather than the “species are natural enemies” type of deal the Mutos (and Shinomura) had.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Maybe i'm overthinking it, but it's kinda cool that Godzilla, an aquatic titan, has both an aerial titan (Ghidorah) and a ground based titan (the new one) as his arch enemies. Creates a nice elemental circle lol :lol:

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I’m surprised no ones swearing up and down the new Titan will be Baragon or Anguirus :lol:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I’m surprised no ones swearing up and down the new Titan will be Baragon or Anguirus :lol:
Ikr, especially since the the description of the new Titan fits perfectly with GRA Anguirus (Godzilla's ancient foe, causes earthquakes etc) :lol:

But seriously it would be cool if we get a glimpse of the new Titan today at the panel.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dv-218 wrote:Maybe i'm overthinking it, but it's kinda cool that Godzilla, an aquatic titan, has both an aerial titan (Ghidorah) and a ground based titan (the new one) as his arch enemies. Creates a nice elemental circle lol :lol:
King Ghidorah is the Void (space) that gives the middle finger to the Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors game.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I’m surprised no ones swearing up and down the new Titan will be Baragon or Anguirus :lol:
The article has a quote from a Legendary rep who says it’s a new monster.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Yeah, but being explicitly told that they're new didn't stop the "Rodan/Mothra Confirmed!" thing from spreading like a bastard hybrid of wildfire and smallpox.

Granted, it may have been nothing more than a fandom in-joke by the end, but it was very serious (and totally annoying) in the beginning.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

UltramanGoji wrote:
when
Michael came out and said there would be new monsters in GKOTM, that didn’t stop every kid under the age of 17 screaming that there WOULD be other Toho characters.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Michael came out and said there would be new new monsters in GKOTM, that didn’t stop every kid under the age of 17 claiming that there WOULD be other Toho characters.
Werent there two different statements there? IIRC, He said there would be more than the original four, and that there would be newly designed Kaiju. That leaves open the possibility of toho Kaiju. Not really the same thing when there's only one non godzilla Kaiju in this comic, and that one is confirmed to be original.

Not saying I think there's going to be toho Kaiju, but if I'm remembering correctly it doesn't rule them out.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Welp, there was only one single guy tweeting about the panel, and if there was anything noteworthy, he didn't tweet about it. The only thing he mentioned was "New creature in Godzilla Aftershock comic will be related somehow to the MUTO"

*Also some cool concept art was shown for King of the Monsters - no details on that
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Moogabunga wrote:Welp, there was only one single guy tweeting about the panel, and if there was anything noteworthy, he didn't tweet about it. The only thing he mentioned was "New creature in Godzilla Aftershock comic will be related somehow to the MUTO"

*Also some cool concept art was shown for King of the Monsters - no details on that

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

Moogabunga wrote:Welp, there was only one single guy tweeting about the panel, and if there was anything noteworthy, he didn't tweet about it. The only thing he mentioned was "New creature in Godzilla Aftershock comic will be related somehow to the MUTO"

Well that's incredibly disappointing. Maybe they'll release the info publicly later this week.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Chris filmed the panel according to his latest Facebook post. We might see some or all of these things.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Well our slight first look of the new titan. Looks Muto cross with Orga with a bit of Xenomorph in there.
https://imgur.com/a/ucqWfJD
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

New titan revealed and looks like a third Muto type to me.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That's the monster? Looks........ a tad bit generic. I hope some other pics improve on its look.

Is the whole graphic novel going to be in that art style? I'm not that big of a fan of it, but for a cover it's fine.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

That is super anticlimactic. Unless the reviews are just stellar for this book I’ll be skipping it.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I wish they would stop going for weird grey quadruped monsters and maybe do something a bit more reptilian or mammalian. I'm glad Dougherty designed the other Titans appearing in Godzilla KOTM so they'll acutally look interesting.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Tyrant28 wrote:Well our slight first look of the new titan. Looks Muto cross with Orga with a bit of Xenomorph in there.
https://imgur.com/a/ucqWfJD
"It's becoming too powerful from the crystals!"
"A monster has reach Critical-Mass!"
Last edited by Desghidorah on Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.