Monster Discussion: Skull Crawlers/Ramarak

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Monster Discussion: Skull Crawlers/Ramarak

Post by BlankAccount »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:All the original MonsterVerse creatures are painfully mediocre. Hoping G2 changes that with its Titans.
I swear to Christ if that is a spoiler...

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:All the original MonsterVerse creatures are painfully mediocre. Hoping G2 changes that with its Titans.
I swear to Christ if that is a spoiler...
Not really. Dougherty said there would be more monsters than our main four in KOTM.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I'd count that as a spoiler. (I know not everyone does; we're in the era of 'official release spoilers,' like 'Here's what the new TARDIS interior is going to look like' and the like.)

Dang it, I can never remember to stay out of the monsterverse forums.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Tyrant28 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Skull Island during the events of KSI and Birth of Kong don't seem to be in ecological disarray
Well yeah. Kong is there, why would it be?
Well, if the Skullcrawlers really are as ravenous, I'd expect something less stable

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Gojira18 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Skull Island during the events of KSI and Birth of Kong don't seem to be in ecological disarray
Well yeah. Kong is there, why would it be?
Well, if the Skullcrawlers really are as ravenous, I'd expect something less stable
Kong is what keeps them in check, and the hollow earth is where they roam most of the time.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

What's the possibility since Ramarak's death that the Skull Crawlers had been dying out? I do think its quite plausible as an act of desperation some Skull Crawler leaves Skull Island for the sake of their survival leading to Kong to following them off Skull Island leading to his confrontation with Godzilla and events of Godzilla vs. Kong.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:What's the possibility since Ramarak's death that the Skull Crawlers had been dying out? I do think its quite plausible as an act of desperation some Skull Crawler leaves Skull Island for the sake of their survival leading to Kong to following them off Skull Island leading to his confrontation with Godzilla and events of Godzilla vs. Kong.
Not really. In the Birth of Kong, they are still around and kicking. And as said before the Skullcrawlers aren’t naturally from Skull Island, if anything they are an invasive species. There is probably thousands if not more Skullcrawlers within the Hollow Earth including adults like the Skull Devil.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Tyrant28 wrote:Not really. In the Birth of Kong, they are still around and kicking. And as said before the Skullcrawlers aren’t naturally from Skull Island, if anything they are an invasive species. There is probably thousands if not more Skullcrawlers within the Hollow Earth including adults like the Skull Devil.
If that's the case it does make me wonder if Godzilla is the reason they remain underground otherwise you'd think they'd run rampant across the world or maybe they could be hiding from M.U.T.O.'s which are predators to them.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:Not really. In the Birth of Kong, they are still around and kicking. And as said before the Skullcrawlers aren’t naturally from Skull Island, if anything they are an invasive species. There is probably thousands if not more Skullcrawlers within the Hollow Earth including adults like the Skull Devil.
If that's the case it does make me wonder if Godzilla is the reason they remain underground otherwise you'd think they'd run rampant across the world or maybe they could be hiding from M.U.T.O.'s which are predators to them.
They probably stick around skull island because thats the ecosystem that benefits them the most. Same reasons you dont see flamingos everywhere even though they can fly.

The trek through the hollow earth probably starves them to death before they can make it anywhere substantial anyways, with how high their metabolism is.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Zarm wrote:I'd count that as a spoiler. (I know not everyone does; we're in the era of 'official release spoilers,' like 'Here's what the new TARDIS interior is going to look like' and the like.)

The term “Titans” is used in the trailer :eh:
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:They probably stick around skull island because thats the ecosystem that benefits them the most. Same reasons you dont see flamingos everywhere even though they can fly.

The trek through the hollow earth probably starves them to death before they can make it anywhere substantial anyways, with how high their metabolism is.
Makes sense but I'm gonna go ahead and make it my headcanon that how Kong is keeping them in check on Skull Island. Godzilla is doing the same with them across the world having encountered them in the past as well as to avoid M.U.T.O.'s which are predators of them.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Zarm wrote:I'd count that as a spoiler. (I know not everyone does; we're in the era of 'official release spoilers,' like 'Here's what the new TARDIS interior is going to look like' and the like.)

The term “Titans” is used in the trailer :eh:
Yes, but the detail that it isn't just a term for the 4 kaiju we know are in the film isn't.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I just said Titans, I never specified which one out of the four
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I just said Titans, I never specified which one out of the four
... But you said you were hoping the titans remedied the monsterverses lack of good original monsters.

Godzilla, Rodan, mothra and ghidrah, assuming they're the "4" you're talking about, are not original. Unless you mean that there are four new kaiju, in which case that is also a spoiler.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I meant lackluster monsters, meaning all of them, Godzilla And Kong .
I suggest reading my comments better instead of coming up with your own meanings to what I say.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
#slatternking

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I meant lackluster monsters, meaning all of them, Godzilla And Kong .
I suggest reading my comments better instead of coming up with your own meanings to what I say.
You literally said "original monsters", which usually means monsters invented for the story instead of adapted. If you were just refering to all of them it would have been much clearer to just leave out that adjective.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, but it's a pretty easy mistake to make, given your phrasing.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

You didn't make a mistake SenseiTeriyakiV. That "meaning all of them" bit is bunk. Don't try to retro-engineer a statement you've made to mean something else, Pitch. That's cowardly nonsense, and we've got enough of it in politics right now.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

xenotactics wrote:You didn't make a mistake SenseiTeriyakiV. That "meaning all of them" bit is bunk. Don't try to retro-engineer a statement you've made to mean something else, Pitch. That's cowardly nonsense, and we've got enough of it in politics right now.
:shrug: get over it I guess? It’s official information given by the director anyway.
#slatternking

Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Grievous »

I really like the M.U.T.Os & the Skull Crawlers...

Both have a somewhat awkward design & their movements
are sometimes clumsy...but I think that gives them a lot of
character.

I love how a Skull Crawler showed up for like a second in the
original King Kong & then they were upgraded to the ultimate
threat in Skull Island.

Its almost like what happened with the Meganulon/Megaguirus
between Rodan in 1956 & Godzilla vs. Megaguirus in 2000.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Huh, decent comparison.
#slatternking