Spoiler Monster Discussion: The Titans

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Spoiler Monster Discussion: The Titans

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

While there are a couple of threads already existing about the Titans, quite frankly they’re pretty poorly made, so I thought we could use a new, more official, thread covering them.

Not only does this cover the new monsters, but Rodan, Godzilla, and King Ghidorah as well, since they too are dubbed “Titans”.

What’s your opinions on these creatures? Are you excited about these new original additions to Legendary’s kingdom of monsters?
With more and more information popping up almost everyday, we now know more about the Titans than we ever have, discuss everything here!

*Spoilers are welcome*
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Monster Discussion: The Titans

Post by LegendZilla »

I am looking forward to this purported Mammoth Titan.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

For anyone interested, we’ve managed to get a few descriptions of some of the other Titans presented in the movie, such as…

A gigantic Wooly Mammoth, my hypothesis is that this is the Titan that emerges from the Siberia base.

We have a Clover-esq monster that’s said to look like “Clover mixed with a Grandaddy Long-Legs”

Supposedly, those were the only two monsters who had completed (or close to completed) VFX.

Among the group, a cyclops was made out, a monster named the “Methuselah”, along with a Stegosaurus-esq dinosaur, possibly the Anguirus lookalike? And the end shows news articles stating where each Titan is resting after the battle, with one being called the “Scylla”.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spoiler:
There's also Nessie aka Loch Ness Monster.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Spoiler:
None of my sources have detailed that yet. It could be still incomplete, but don't get your hopes up.

Can we post spoilers here without tags? Or no? If so, I recommend putting *spoilers* in the title.
Long Live The King

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Hokmuto wrote:None of my sources have detailed that yet. It could be still incomplete, but don't get your hopes up.

Can we post spoilers here without tags? Or no? If so, I recommend putting *spoilers* in the title.
Oh how much I hope its true. The location in Scotland should honestly indicate that. :(

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Hokmuto wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Spoiler:
None of my sources have detailed that yet. It could be still incomplete, but don't get your hopes up.

I think we’ll keep spoilers under tags here, just so we don’t spoil anyone who maybe interested in discussing and speculating on the possible other Titans.

And as Hokmuto said, literally only one person mentioned there being a Nessie, and honestly it came out of no where so most likely it was a hoax, the ones mentioned under my spoilers are the only ones made out, and keep in mind, this screening had the most complete VFX amongst all the screenings, sooooo.

Then again, it was also mentioned that between the screenings, the Titans changed, so who knows ;)

Added in 21 minutes 55 seconds:
Re: Spoiler Monster Discussion: The Titans
Ok, new monster mentioned.

“Methuselah”

I was very interested since I had never heard of this name before among mythology, but after a bit of research, the name is commonly used as a synonym used for any creature with longevity, so all we know is that this monster is very ancient. Either that or it’s a tree monster, or an old goblin man :lol:

Feel free to do some research, it appears most of the Titans are based of myth, which should be no surprise, hince the name “Titan”.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Oh how much I hope its true. The location in Scotland should honestly indicate that. :(
Just curious, why do you want Nessie in the MonsterVerse?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Methuselah is the oldest person to ever live according to the bible. So I assume this titan is older than Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

miguelnuva wrote:Methuselah is the oldest person to ever live according to the bible. So I assume this titan is older than Godzilla.
Or just very old in general, according to the dictionary, the name also means any living creature of ancient nature.
#slatternking

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Just curious, why do you want Nessie in the MonsterVerse?
I feel Nessie has a place in the MonsterVerse and being in the Public Domain, it'd be no issue in using him/her. I personally would just love to see the MonsterVerses take on the cryptid especially an solo movie involving her or at most an episode in an Monarch TV/NetFlix show similar to X-Files and since Skull Island had shown monsters can come in all different sizes and shapes makes things the more easier.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

I wonder how difficult it would have been to use the lesser Toho monsters (Gorosaurus, Manda, Varan, etc) or classic American monsters (The Giant Claw, Rhedosaurus, Octopus from It Came from Beneath the Sea, Cloverfield monster) as the Titans. The latter would really fit the "king of the monsters" theme.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

kamilleblu wrote:I wonder how difficult it would have been to use the lesser Toho monsters (Gorosaurus, Manda, Varan, etc) or classic American monsters (The Giant Claw, Rhedosaurus, Octopus from It Came from Beneath the Sea, Cloverfield monster) as the Titans. The latter would really fit the "king of the monsters" theme.
Probably a pretty penny for the Toho originals, not sure about the other ones, also never knew Clover was considered a classic :lol:

I also disagree, it’d feel out of place and even more DeviantArt fan-fictiony if those types of monsters were used. I like the sound of the original monsters more.
#slatternking

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Would Toho's obscure monsters be costly? I'd think they would appreciate the exposure those characters would receive.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

I hope the Mammoth has ice powers. As well as some Kaiju based on an Anglerfish and maybe a Hammerhead Shark. Perhaps a Mole, their eyeless faces and long claws would look quite effective at Godzilla size.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

kamilleblu wrote:Would Toho's obscure monsters be costly? I'd think they would appreciate the exposure those characters would receive.
They’re just as much as Toho’s Big five. Aka, hardly worth it.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am guessing
Spoiler:
the Cyclops Kaiju will turn out to be the King Caesar of the Monsterverse.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

LegendZilla wrote:I am guessing
Spoiler:
That’s a random, out of left field guess, but whatever.

Random cyclops seen for 10 seconds at the most = magic living statue used to protect a royal family.

I think you’re right on the money with that one.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I am guessing
Spoiler:
That’s a random, out of left field guess, but whatever.

Random cyclops seen for 10 seconds at the most = magic living statue used to protect a royal family.

I think you’re right on the money with that one.
The fact he seems to be directly based on a mythological creature adds some merit to my theory.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

LegendZilla wrote:
The fact he seems to be directly based on a mythological creature adds some merit to my theory.
That’s not a theory, it’s a stretch, reachmaster :P

I’m really glad we might be getting some more “humanoid” monsters, it really adds to the variety of things. I really can’t wait to see all these guys, hoping they all have some eerie aspect to them with Dougherty directing.

Fingers crossed that the bowing scene comes off as really unsettling and ominous, I think the scene could absolutely work if it was played off creepy.
#slatternking