Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Monster X
Interpol Agent
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:33 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Monster X » Thu May 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I always liked this bit of artwork's interpretation of Kong's size and look.

Image


Also could someone fill me in on this "Hollow Earth". I know what it generally refers to and can guess what it could entail but I'd like to know more.
Image

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Thu May 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Pkmatrix wrote:Having now seen KOTM, I'm going to be very skeptical of any "leak" that features Rodan in any prominent way. The way the film ends and the info provided in the film's credits makes me think he'll have no more than a cameo at best in GvK.

Would you care to elaborate
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Thu May 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Having now seen KOTM, I'm going to be very skeptical of any "leak" that features Rodan in any prominent way. The way the film ends and the info provided in the film's credits makes me think he'll have no more than a cameo at best in GvK.

Would you care to elaborate

Most of the other Titans are heading towards Skull Island while Rodan is resting in Fiji
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Thu May 23, 2019 2:45 pm

D-Squared wrote:
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I don't want Godzilla or King Kong to be overshadowed by any other monsters or mech. I just want it o be about them and them only like in the first film.

(Un)Fortunately, the studio's been very clear that Godzilla and Kong wouldn't be alone:
The Hollywood Reporter wrote: But a source close to Tull says Legendary is confident it can come up with a rationale to explain how Kong and Godzilla can do battle — and possibly become allies.

Adam Wingard wrote:It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other...

And now with SAYAKA's predictions proven correct (again), GVK is more-and-more looking to be the DESTROY ALL MONSTERS movie-finale Gareth Edwards originally intended, with Godzilla and Kong fighting each other alongside various Titans for dominance, in which one will "win", until allying to battle MechaGodzilla, likely the Titan-killer conspiracy the plot synopsis has been hinting.

It's a very Hollywood plot.


No offense to SAYAKA, but I'll remain skeptical of their claims (and all other claims to any insider knowledge of GvK) for the time being.

The end credits of KOTM very much hint that the plot of GvK is going to revolve around the human characters exploring the Hollow Earth under Skull Island, with it being not so much "Kong and Godzilla battle over who is King" and more "Kong versus everyone invading his Kingdom". There's also no indication of a "Titan Killer" conspiracy, at least from the villains of KOTM - if anything what Jonah and his followers want is set the Titans wild again.

What I could see instead may be a continuation of the subplot from KOTM where the world's governments and militaries wanting to exterminate the Titans to eliminate the threat, although if that's the case there really wasn't any indication of that in KOTM as they seemed to decide it was better to co-exist peacefully.

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Having now seen KOTM, I'm going to be very skeptical of any "leak" that features Rodan in any prominent way. The way the film ends and the info provided in the film's credits makes me think he'll have no more than a cameo at best in GvK.

Would you care to elaborate


Yeah, as Godzilla2000zero said: in the ending credits epilogue for KOTM it's explained that all the Titans have started migrated to or toward Skull Island...EXCEPT for Rodan. Rodan instead heads to Fiji and builds a new nest in a volcano there. As I said earlier, maybe I'm way off base but the fact they singled out Rodan as the only one not going to Skull Island makes me strongly suspect it means Rodan doesn't play a significant role in GvK. I think it's a preemptive answer for everyone asking "Where's Rodan?" while everything is going down in the next movie.

Monster X wrote:Also could someone fill me in on this "Hollow Earth". I know what it generally refers to and can guess what it could entail but I'd like to know more.


Hollow Earth is an old theory, from before we discovered Plate Tectonics, that there was a whole separate world underground. It used to be a popular subject for Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories, as people would speculate there were dinosaurs, lost civilizations, and weird creatures living in this underground world. The most famous examples are Journey to the Center of the Earth and At the Earth's Core.

In the Toho films, that's where the undersea civilizations like Seatopia and Mu come in: they exist in these underground undersea caverns, and that's why they were cut off from the rest of the world. K:SI brought up the idea, but KOTM goes even further with the sunken city (which, my friends and I speculate, may have been intended to actually be Atlantis considering the location).

If GvK really IS going to center around an adventure in the Hollow Earth, we could potentially get some really cool and wacky stuff, way outside the "realism" idea people were pushing with G'14.

User avatar
Vandarker
Interpol Agent
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Vandarker » Thu May 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Pkmatrix wrote:
D-Squared wrote:
Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I don't want Godzilla or King Kong to be overshadowed by any other monsters or mech. I just want it o be about them and them only like in the first film.

(Un)Fortunately, the studio's been very clear that Godzilla and Kong wouldn't be alone:
The Hollywood Reporter wrote: But a source close to Tull says Legendary is confident it can come up with a rationale to explain how Kong and Godzilla can do battle — and possibly become allies.

Adam Wingard wrote:It’s a massive monster brawl movie. There’s lots of monsters going crazy on each other...

And now with SAYAKA's predictions proven correct (again), GVK is more-and-more looking to be the DESTROY ALL MONSTERS movie-finale Gareth Edwards originally intended, with Godzilla and Kong fighting each other alongside various Titans for dominance, in which one will "win", until allying to battle MechaGodzilla, likely the Titan-killer conspiracy the plot synopsis has been hinting.

It's a very Hollywood plot.


No offense to SAYAKA, but I'll remain skeptical of their claims (and all other claims to any insider knowledge of GvK) for the time being.

The end credits of KOTM very much hint that the plot of GvK is going to revolve around the human characters exploring the Hollow Earth under Skull Island, with it being not so much "Kong and Godzilla battle over who is King" and more "Kong versus everyone invading his Kingdom". There's also no indication of a "Titan Killer" conspiracy, at least from the villains of KOTM - if anything what Jonah and his followers want is set the Titans wild again.

What I could see instead may be a continuation of the subplot from KOTM where the world's governments and militaries wanting to exterminate the Titans to eliminate the threat, although if that's the case there really wasn't any indication of that in KOTM as they seemed to decide it was better to co-exist peacefully.

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Having now seen KOTM, I'm going to be very skeptical of any "leak" that features Rodan in any prominent way. The way the film ends and the info provided in the film's credits makes me think he'll have no more than a cameo at best in GvK.

Would you care to elaborate


Yeah, as Godzilla2000zero said: in the ending credits epilogue for KOTM it's explained that all the Titans have started migrated to or toward Skull Island...EXCEPT for Rodan. Rodan instead heads to Fiji and builds a new nest in a volcano there. As I said earlier, maybe I'm way off base but the fact they singled out Rodan as the only one not going to Skull Island makes me strongly suspect it means Rodan doesn't play a significant role in GvK. I think it's a preemptive answer for everyone asking "Where's Rodan?" while everything is going down in the next movie.

I disagree.

Here's the official synopsis provided by Warner Bros:
"As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever."

So the plot does revolve around Hollow Earth but it's also stated out loud that there is a Titan killer conspiracy going on. It's only a matter of who's conspiring.

At this point Jonah does seem to be the likely culprit since he's trying to use the Ghidorah head for some purpose, but like you said, it does seem weird since he hates humanity, not the titans, so I can't imagine why he'll try to get rid of them. On the other hand, the world's governments have seen how awesomely destructive the Titans can be, I mean Washington and Boston was literally wiped off the map. So they may still view Titans as potential threats despite their actions suggesting otherwise.
Last edited by Vandarker on Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darktiger1991
Ronin
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Darktiger1991 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am

SAYAKA wrote:KONG's height has been confirmed. It will grow to 90 meters, Contrast the height of Godzilla 120 meters.

His head is smaller than that of Skull Island.He's very strong and looks like he can compete with Godzilla.



Sayaka are you alive? Do you have any new spoilers you can tell us?
Last edited by Darktiger1991 on Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 24, 2019 5:35 am

Vandarker wrote:I disagree.

Here's the official synopsis provided by Warner Bros:
"As Monarch embarks on a perilous mission into uncharted terrain and unearths clues to the Titans’ origins, a human conspiracy threatens to wipe the creatures, both good and bad, from the face of the earth forever."

So the plot does revolve around Hollow Earth but it's also stated out loud that there is a Titan killer conspiracy going on. It's only a matter of who's conspiring.

At this point Jonah does seem to be the likely culprit since he's trying to use the Ghidorah head for some purpose, but like you said, it does seem weird since he hates humanity, not the titans, so I can't imagine why he'll try to get rid of them. On the other hand, the world's governments have seen how awesomely destructive the Titans can be, I mean Washington and Boston was literally wiped off the map. So they may still view Titans as potential threats despite their actions suggesting otherwise.


As I said, if there's a conspiracy to destroy the Titans, it's going to be a new villain I think up to something new. I really don't think any plan to destroy the Titans is going to come from Jonah and his crew.

Considering most of the Titans are going to be on Skull Island, what it might actually be is a plot to destroy Skull Island using something from the world beneath the island which is why the heroes are going to have to go down there. That description is vague enough that it could mean anything. More plausible to me than "Jonah creates a Titan Killer monster or robot" is "Rogue soldiers plot to destroy Skull Island in an effort to kill all the Titans, but accidentally release a powerful monster that'd been sleeping under Skull Island".
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Fri May 24, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:02 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri May 24, 2019 5:40 am

It will probably be several months before we get any real leaks or details. When donthey finish filming?

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 24, 2019 5:48 am

Shadowfyre wrote:It will probably be several months before we get any real leaks or details. When donthey finish filming?


They finished about a month ago, that's part of why I've been so dismissive. I doubt there's even a full assembly cut yet.

Darktiger1991
Ronin
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Darktiger1991 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:52 am

Summary of the most recent spoilers:


Spoiler:
The film setting is intended to be more sad and the tone is basically "Everything is falling apart".
Neither Godzilla nor Kong are true villains, both are played as tragic figures from similar backgrounds whom are forced to fight each other due to differences.
Monarch has been keeping the Titan situation under control with the introduction of a more effective G-Team and a newly created Titan deterrent gas to help detour lower classed Titans away from highly populated cities.
The larger Titan threats have been almost non existent due to Godzilla patrolling and keeping them in line.
Jonah Alan again is the main human villain once again, this time it’s implied he’s being backed by several Anti-Titan factions including several anonymous Government groups, all in the combined goal in the extermination of all Titan life on Earth- although Jonah’s motives are to control them…
Ghidorah's Left head (Lost in battle of Mexico in KoTM) is used for the extraction of it's blood, which has hyper regenerative properties once "reactivated". Ghidorah head’s regenerative properties are used to create a super nuclear eating bacteria that’ll kill Godzilla by eating his radioactive energy.
Jonah's plan is to collect samples of different Titans to make an Anti-Godzilla bio-weapon.
Female MUTO and MUTO Prime share a parasitic properties of absorbing nuclear energy and Ghidorah's blood show properties of regeneration once introduced to a live power source(Machine or living creature).
The plan is to breed a strain of mutated Sea louse that have MUTO properties and accelerate the growth rate with Ghidorah's blood. This is to siphon Godzilla's nuclear energy out of him, leaving him weak and vulnerable to a planned attack.
Jonah's plan(In short): -Numerous MUTO Louse planted on Godzilla, energy extraction begins. -Godzilla detoured towards meeting point. -Kong and other Titans lead to meeting point were they're introduced to the "Rage Gas". -A weakened Godzilla is killed by enraged Kong and the other Titans.

Jonah later gains control over Monarch by force, during this he has Monarch scientists alter their Titan Deterrent gas into a "Rage Gas", which causes Titans to become confused and enraged
The Human plot (Non-Jonah) revolves around Madison Russell, her father, Monarch and G-Team.
Sinkholes of various sizes have been opening up around the planet and Monarch have been watching them closely, believing a Titan may be the cause of them.
G-Team and several other Monarch research parties are sent on a mission to travel to Skull Island and explore the interior of a massive sinkhole that recently opened up there. Several spies of Jonah are sent on the mission as well and meant to sabotage and take over operations at all costs.
There’s a smaller Argo like aircraft with mine equipment inside, and several crew aircrafts are sent on the mission. G-Team's aircraft has several Jonah operates on it (including the pilot) and sets their aircraft to crash on the other side of Skull Island but fails the assassination attempt when a fight breaks out on board and G-Team parachutes out before it crashes. Upon landing on a rocky beach a another member pulls out a gun and attempts to kill the team, but is knocked out by G-Team's co leader.
G-Team are cut off from the other Monarch teams and fail to warn them about a hostile take over of the mission, they're forced to try and make it through parts of Skull Island to warn them in person.
Monarch travel into the sinkhole and find out the theory of the Hollow Earth was real and theorize that the Earth may have several chambers and access points that lead to all over the planet. Further exploration reveals signs of lost civilizations and cave paintings displaying their people fleeing the Hollow Earth’s different openings around the planet, with depictions of Titan’s chasing them out.
An early scene set in a school field trip to a Sea World type park when a sinkhole opens up causing one of the large tanks to collapse into the ground with a lone Orca. The scene then evolves into chaos as the Orca is lifted back into the air within the jaws of a Skullcrawler, which causes everyone to start running away as more Skullcrawlers emerging and eat everyone.
The sinkholes are the result of multiple Titans starting migrate from the hollow earth. Originally the storm around Skull Island had kept the skull crawlers from leaving the island but the storm around Skull Island is now gone due to King Ghidorah's effects on the atmosphere during the events of Godzilla King of the Monsters.
Back on Skull Island, Kong saves the surviving members of G-Team from the hostile wildlife and new Titans taking refuge there and "Leads" them back to the Monarch site in his hand.
Kong is portrayed as smart and human friendly now knowing that the new people are related to the team from the 70’s.
Kong appears to be up to Godzilla's chest.
Kong uses hand made tools on Skull Island to fight the other Titans. one being a stone axe that he possibly based off the Iwi people's tools.
Other than that he throws stones like baseballs or tries to shove a transmission tower down Godzilla's throat during their Hong Kong battle.
First Godzilla vs Kong fight is caused when Jonah’s men use the rage gas on Kong who begins to rampage until he sees Godzilla arrive on Skull Island in pursuit of a couple rogue Titans. The other Titans manage to get away from Godzilla, who then breaks the battle to give chase, Kong attempts to attack Godzilla. while he’s walking away from the Island, but he’s attacked with nerve gas and become unconscious, Jonah’s men signal back to Jonah who comes with backup to take Kong off the island.
Godzilla fights off a swarm of rage gassed Skullcrawlers.
Kong under the influence of Rage Gas along with several other Titans against Godzilla.
The final battle is Godzilla vs. Kong vs. Mechagodzilla (Mechagodzilla is a product of the untited governments and Monarch but gets hijacked by Jonah’s men and sent to kill both Kong and Godzilla and the other Titans) in Hong Kong.

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 am

Darktiger1991 wrote:Summary of the most recent spoilers:


Spoiler:
The film setting is intended to be more sad and the tone is basically "Everything is falling apart".
Neither Godzilla nor Kong are true villains, both are played as tragic figures from similar backgrounds whom are forced to fight each other due to differences.
Monarch has been keeping the Titan situation under control with the introduction of a more effective G-Team and a newly created Titan deterrent gas to help detour lower classed Titans away from highly populated cities.
The larger Titan threats have been almost non existent due to Godzilla patrolling and keeping them in line.
Jonah Alan again is the main human villain once again, this time it’s implied he’s being backed by several Anti-Titan factions including several anonymous Government groups, all in the combined goal in the extermination of all Titan life on Earth- although Jonah’s motives are to control them…
Ghidorah's Left head (Lost in battle of Mexico in KoTM) is used for the extraction of it's blood, which has hyper regenerative properties once "reactivated". Ghidorah head’s regenerative properties are used to create a super nuclear eating bacteria that’ll kill Godzilla by eating his radioactive energy.
Jonah's plan is to collect samples of different Titans to make an Anti-Godzilla bio-weapon.
Female MUTO and MUTO Prime share a parasitic properties of absorbing nuclear energy and Ghidorah's blood show properties of regeneration once introduced to a live power source(Machine or living creature).
The plan is to breed a strain of mutated Sea louse that have MUTO properties and accelerate the growth rate with Ghidorah's blood. This is to siphon Godzilla's nuclear energy out of him, leaving him weak and vulnerable to a planned attack.
Jonah's plan(In short): -Numerous MUTO Louse planted on Godzilla, energy extraction begins. -Godzilla detoured towards meeting point. -Kong and other Titans lead to meeting point were they're introduced to the "Rage Gas". -A weakened Godzilla is killed by enraged Kong and the other Titans.

Jonah later gains control over Monarch by force, during this he has Monarch scientists alter their Titan Deterrent gas into a "Rage Gas", which causes Titans to become confused and enraged
The Human plot (Non-Jonah) revolves around Madison Russell, her father, Monarch and G-Team.
Sinkholes of various sizes have been opening up around the planet and Monarch have been watching them closely, believing a Titan may be the cause of them.
G-Team and several other Monarch research parties are sent on a mission to travel to Skull Island and explore the interior of a massive sinkhole that recently opened up there. Several spies of Jonah are sent on the mission as well and meant to sabotage and take over operations at all costs.
There’s a smaller Argo like aircraft with mine equipment inside, and several crew aircrafts are sent on the mission. G-Team's aircraft has several Jonah operates on it (including the pilot) and sets their aircraft to crash on the other side of Skull Island but fails the assassination attempt when a fight breaks out on board and G-Team parachutes out before it crashes. Upon landing on a rocky beach a another member pulls out a gun and attempts to kill the team, but is knocked out by G-Team's co leader.
G-Team are cut off from the other Monarch teams and fail to warn them about a hostile take over of the mission, they're forced to try and make it through parts of Skull Island to warn them in person.
Monarch travel into the sinkhole and find out the theory of the Hollow Earth was real and theorize that the Earth may have several chambers and access points that lead to all over the planet. Further exploration reveals signs of lost civilizations and cave paintings displaying their people fleeing the Hollow Earth’s different openings around the planet, with depictions of Titan’s chasing them out.
An early scene set in a school field trip to a Sea World type park when a sinkhole opens up causing one of the large tanks to collapse into the ground with a lone Orca. The scene then evolves into chaos as the Orca is lifted back into the air within the jaws of a Skullcrawler, which causes everyone to start running away as more Skullcrawlers emerging and eat everyone.
The sinkholes are the result of multiple Titans starting migrate from the hollow earth. Originally the storm around Skull Island had kept the skull crawlers from leaving the island but the storm around Skull Island is now gone due to King Ghidorah's effects on the atmosphere during the events of Godzilla King of the Monsters.
Back on Skull Island, Kong saves the surviving members of G-Team from the hostile wildlife and new Titans taking refuge there and "Leads" them back to the Monarch site in his hand.
Kong is portrayed as smart and human friendly now knowing that the new people are related to the team from the 70’s.
Kong appears to be up to Godzilla's chest.
Kong uses hand made tools on Skull Island to fight the other Titans. one being a stone axe that he possibly based off the Iwi people's tools.
Other than that he throws stones like baseballs or tries to shove a transmission tower down Godzilla's throat during their Hong Kong battle.
First Godzilla vs Kong fight is caused when Jonah’s men use the rage gas on Kong who begins to rampage until he sees Godzilla arrive on Skull Island in pursuit of a couple rogue Titans. The other Titans manage to get away from Godzilla, who then breaks the battle to give chase, Kong attempts to attack Godzilla. while he’s walking away from the Island, but he’s attacked with nerve gas and become unconscious, Jonah’s men signal back to Jonah who comes with backup to take Kong off the island.
Godzilla fights off a swarm of rage gassed Skullcrawlers.
Kong under the influence of Rage Gas along with several other Titans against Godzilla.
The final battle is Godzilla vs. Kong vs. Mechagodzilla (Mechagodzilla is a product of the untited governments and Monarch but gets hijacked by Jonah’s men and sent to kill both Kong and Godzilla and the other Titans) in Hong Kong.


*Groan*

Okay, let me put it this way:

G'14 we got the plot early because one person got ahold of an early draft of the script and decided to share bits of it online, and made clear that that's all it was. They didn't claim inside knowledge or to even be part of the production.

K:SI and KOTM we only got early info because people started talking after the test screenings. How soon can we expect test screenings? The earliest report of a test screening was in March 2018, SIX MONTHS AFTER PRODUCTION ENDED. Because, you know, they need time to actual build the VFX.

So unless someone can provide a real reason why I should believe anything posted online right now, especially since every "leak" is just the first one modified with more and more details from KOTM or Aftermath, I'm going to assume these are all hoaxes and fakes until we start getting reports from people who went to test screenings, probably some time this fall.

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 241
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:02 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri May 24, 2019 6:30 am

Yeah, theres no way. Even if you believe Sayaka 100% (im at like 85 personally) it will be some time before even he gets a full rundown of whats going on.
I personally believe legendary let or at least didnt stop the kotm leak from happe ing because they were confident

Added in 3 minutes 54 seconds:
Sea louse huh? Though I wouldnt mind a Godzilla vs. Kong and several other monsters to even the odds

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Fri May 24, 2019 6:45 am

SAYAKA, my friend. have you seen how king looks in GvK? does he look different to skull island? (apart from height)

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3231
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Fri May 24, 2019 6:55 am

UH… How does Godzilla die by Kong and other Titans then battle him in Hong Kong?

There is no way I believe Godzilla dying in any script.

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GojiDog » Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 am

Spoiler:
So Godzilla gets two death fake outs two movies in a row?

I don't buy it.

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Dv-218 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 am

Yeah, it's literally just the initial fake leak with added details from Sayaka's report and coincidentally (not) Godzilla Aftershok right after it got released. They don't even try anymore lol.

User avatar
Rodan95
Samurai
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Rodan95 » Fri May 24, 2019 5:51 pm

A Quiet Place 2 is coming out on the 20th now. That could cause problems for the 2nd weekend.

User avatar
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 1180
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:10 pm

I know this is the spoilers thread but still big spoilers here so I wanted to be safe.

Spoiler:
Calling it now the true villain in GvK will be either Destroyah thanks to the Oxygen Destroyer being used or Charles Dance's character will use Ghidorah's DNA to create BAGAN!

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4792
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby G2000 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 pm

If for whatever reason Bagan actually did wind up in GvK I’m not sure how I would feel about it
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer
Posts: 7238
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri May 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Only two possibilities the way I see it:

King Ghidorah returns from the severed head, or a new monster is made using Ghidorah's DNA.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri May 24, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Garzon and 11 guests