Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4805
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby G2000 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Hokmuto wrote:There's so many "plot leaks" out there that at some point, the legit one will go right under our noses.


That sort of happened with KoTM, albeit on a much smaller scale. I can recall two or three "leaked plots" circulated at one time that were basically complete and utter bullshit (one involving all the monsters being revealed as genetically engineered bioweapons created by an ancient Lemurian civilization, and yet another that claimed Millie Bobby Brown's character would have psychic powers and become "linked" to Mothra). However, despite some initial confusion the genuine leaked plot was what really caught on, largely because several people were able to corroborate one another's stories, consistent details from account to account, etc. Once information started showing up in the trailers and in interviews it was basically over
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 pm

G2000 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:There's so many "plot leaks" out there that at some point, the legit one will go right under our noses.


That sort of happened with KoTM, albeit on a much smaller scale. I can recall two or three "leaked plots" circulated at one time that were basically complete and utter bullshit (one involving all the monsters being revealed as genetically engineered bioweapons created by an ancient Lemurian civilization, and yet another that claimed Millie Bobby Brown's character would have psychic powers and become "linked" to Mothra). However, despite some initial confusion the genuine leaked plot was what really caught on, largely because several people were able to corroborate one another's stories, consistent details from account to account, etc. Once information started showing up in the trailers and in interviews it was basically over

We’ll see what happens for GvK. I heard their test screenings would be even more secretive and elusive than before.
Long Live The King

BrazilianKaiju
Yojimbo
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby BrazilianKaiju » Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 pm

I saw a good thing in one of the leaks.

The idea of ​​weakening godzilla somehow, so Kong can face him. Much better than super powered kong. At least, for me

User avatar
Nathus214
Interpol Agent
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:04 am
Location: Somewhere in hell

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Nathus214 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:23 pm

That's just a bad excuse so Kong can be on his level. It's boring to nerf someone, but it's entertaining to power someone up.
Chris55 wrote:Godzilla: Green bikini edition


Ben Shapiro wrote:Just got back from Endgame, the audience all fell to their knees during Godzilla’s trailer. The weeping and applauding grew so loud towards the end- it was almost deafening. The trailer was so good in fact, nearly everyone rose from their seats as soon as it was over and just left!

Talk about a reaction.

User avatar
Desghidorah
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 798
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:06 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Desghidorah » Tue May 14, 2019 8:22 pm

I have the feeling the recent 4chan "leak" is probably the most likely out of the ones we've gotten so far. There still is an extremely high chance absolutely all of this is complete poppycock, but I feel like out of all of the supposedly this one seems the most realistic. I could see elements like this being made into a movie where as honestly the Reddit Leak with the Destroyer seems the most unlikely to me. It just seems like for a series that has done a pretty good job at making all of the original monsters fairly distinct, that it be a total curveball for the studio to make some amorphous "Big Gray Villain" that's constantly changing shape. It just wouldn't make for as dynamic a fight because an amorphous body doesn't give the same sense of scale and mass as easily as something solid and with all the fights we've had so far, kind of would be a letdown.

Speaking without any intentional bias here the series so far has done absolutely wonderfully when it comes the fight scenes. ven in 2014 when they were cutting away, remember most people were upset about them cutting away because the fights were really good when we got a good look at them; and the studio certainly learned their lesson with Skull Island and King of the Monsters given what we've seen and what others have talked about seeing. I just don't see Godzilla and Kong fighting a blob or 'living tidal wave' as very interesting. Not to mention character recognition is something a lot of studios try to get down these days. Make them more marketable if you can easily tell them apart. Having a constantly shape shifting character is not really doable for that.

I could still see us getting either an original monster or something derived from a Toho monster, but for now I'll say that the currently seems the most probable. It's pretty easy to follow, it makes use of old monster designs (MUTOs and Skullcrawlers), has multiple fights between the title characters in locations we know they will fight in, and has a logical reason for why they're fighting. Plus in this version Jonah's motivation makes more sense. Godzilla is keeping all the more powerful monsters at bay and he wants them to overrun the world. So you get rid of what standing in your way by weakening him and using the next strongest monster you can find to try and take him out.
Image

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am

Desghidorah wrote:I have the feeling the recent 4chan "leak" is probably the most likely out of the ones we've gotten so far. There still is an extremely high chance absolutely all of this is complete poppycock, but I feel like out of all of the supposedly this one seems the most realistic. I could see elements like this being made into a movie where as honestly the Reddit Leak with the Destroyer seems the most unlikely to me. It just seems like for a series that has done a pretty good job at making all of the original monsters fairly distinct, that it be a total curveball for the studio to make some amorphous "Big Gray Villain" that's constantly changing shape. It just wouldn't make for as dynamic a fight because an amorphous body doesn't give the same sense of scale and mass as easily as something solid and with all the fights we've had so far, kind of would be a letdown.

Speaking without any intentional bias here the series so far has done absolutely wonderfully when it comes the fight scenes. ven in 2014 when they were cutting away, remember most people were upset about them cutting away because the fights were really good when we got a good look at them; and the studio certainly learned their lesson with Skull Island and King of the Monsters given what we've seen and what others have talked about seeing. I just don't see Godzilla and Kong fighting a blob or 'living tidal wave' as very interesting. Not to mention character recognition is something a lot of studios try to get down these days. Make them more marketable if you can easily tell them apart. Having a constantly shape shifting character is not really doable for that.

I could still see us getting either an original monster or something derived from a Toho monster, but for now I'll say that the currently seems the most probable. It's pretty easy to follow, it makes use of old monster designs (MUTOs and Skullcrawlers), has multiple fights between the title characters in locations we know they will fight in, and has a logical reason for why they're fighting. Plus in this version Jonah's motivation makes more sense. Godzilla is keeping all the more powerful monsters at bay and he wants them to overrun the world. So you get rid of what standing in your way by weakening him and using the next strongest monster you can find to try and take him out.


Agreed. I think whoever's posting this new on on 4chan has at the very least actually been following the series and read up on the production of the movie, as a lot of this feels a lot like someone who actually has some sense of what's actually appropriate for a movie geared at the GA and what the series as done so far making educated guesses. Feels much less like a fan putting forward their MonsterVerse fan fiction, even though I think ultimately that's what it is.
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Wed May 15, 2019 7:53 am

I can't wait to see the first trailer at comic-con in July...

User avatar
Vandarker
Interpol Agent
Posts: 513
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Vandarker » Wed May 15, 2019 2:42 pm

While everybody is predicting Charles Dance to be the big bad, it would be hilarious if he's gulped down unceremoniously at the start of the film like John Goodman. And judging by what Legendary had been doing up until now I think that's a high probability.
Last edited by Vandarker on Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rodan95
Samurai
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Rodan95 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 am

Do we know if Charles Dance is in the movie at all? I didn't even see him listed on IMDb

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Thu May 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Rodan95 wrote:Do we know if Charles Dance is in the movie at all? I didn't even see him listed on IMDb


No idea. To be fair, though, I don't think David Strathairn appeared in the IMDB or any article indicating he was back until he popped up in the first trailer. And it might be a bit of a spoiler for KOTM if they say he's back for the next movie before KOTM is even in theaters, moreso than really anybody else I think.

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am

do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5680
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Sonic wrote:do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?

Nah.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2342
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Dv-218 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:05 am

I can see them doing some sort of a "fake death" by having one character lose while leaving the possibility of him returning in the future, but straight up dying on screen? Yeah, ain't gonna happen.

User avatar
Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

Sonic wrote:do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?


No, I very much doubt it. They haven't even done a Kong 2 yet! Why would you kill off one of your headliners in only his second appearance? And Godzilla's even LESS likely, I think, since he's the bigger headliner of the two.

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 am

great! in one of the fake "leaks" kong apparently dies...

User avatar
American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm

I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Image
Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Smuggers
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Smuggers » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Lol, the leak says they use Mothra’s DNA? How, thought she burnt up and Godzilla sucked her ash.

Oh, what am I saying, that leak sounds hella legit
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Smuggers wrote:So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.


Actually, as far as I remember, the rumor was that Destroyer (again supposedly) has a MUTO-like head with Ghidorah horns, a mix of Mothra/MUTO wings, overall Godzilla body, with Ghidorah's tail end. I am not sure if this rumor is even true, let alone will it look like this. I can see the appeal of making a new kiaju (even if it is inspired by the classic Destroyah) as the creators could give it whatever look and powers/origins they want.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 pm

American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Image

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?
Long Live The King


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests