Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
BurningCoolMan
Samurai

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby BurningCoolMan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm

a cool teaser poster and trailer footage description

Thegarbagemonster
Interpol Agent

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm

KingKaiju wrote:So, if we get anything from CCXP this weekend, what do you guys think it could be? I'm not expecting a trailer anymore. If we do get a trailer, I'm worried that Legendary would be making the same mistake it made with KOTM, but I hope we get a nice new poster and some figure reveals or something. I don't need anything big.

I wanna see Godzilla and Kong's full bodies, there's no point in hiding the designs since they're so in the spotlight, if that makes sense

Thegarbagemonster
Interpol Agent

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 pm

KingKaiju wrote:So, if we get anything from CCXP this weekend, what do you guys think it could be? I'm not expecting a trailer anymore. If we do get a trailer, I'm worried that Legendary would be making the same mistake it made with KOTM, but I hope we get a nice new poster and some figure reveals or something. I don't need anything big.

I wanna see Godzilla and Kong's full bodies, there's no point in hiding the designs since they're so in the spotlight, if that makes sense

Cryptid_Liker
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:36 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
JGAR wrote:The World of Godzilla is just a marketing brand to bring worldwide awareness to the franchise, which can’t be achieved via new Japanese movies.

Does this mean WOG was an early name for Genesis?

????

You know. That campaign to spread Godzilla worldwide? It sounds exactly like what JGAR said.

BurningCoolMan
Samurai

Postby BurningCoolMan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:52 pm

so with current projections Mulan might make as much as the lion king (2019).... pushing GvK to a later date was a good idea

AtomicMorningBreath
Yin-Yang Master

Postby AtomicMorningBreath » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:59 pm

BurningCoolMan wrote:so with current projections Mulan might make as much as the lion king (2019).... pushing GvK to a later date was a good idea

It may be too early to really predict, but I would not be surprised one bit if Mulan does over $1B
Last edited by AtomicMorningBreath on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Gojira2K
Futurian

Postby Gojira2K » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:00 pm

Maybe a poster? I'm not really expecting much else. I not expecting them to really talk much about it.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?

Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 pm

Legendary and WB don’t owe us a thing, but I feel like they know that delaying it this close to release was a crappy move to the fans. Rewarding us with a new poster this weekend would be great.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gojira2K
Futurian

Postby Gojira2K » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Cookson wrote:Legendary and WB don’t owe us a thing, but I feel like they know that delaying it this close to release was a crappy move to the fans. Rewarding us with a new poster this weekend would be great.

The one thing I love to see, but I doubt we will, is for them to give us a definitive reason as to why they delayed it. Does it need time for reshoots, more time to polish up the VFX, or do they just think that November will be a better release date for it? It would be nice to get some answer for the delay.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?

Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm

It’s not about owing anyone, but I just hope that if they decided to start talking about this movie, that they keep it simple with a poster or something. Or hell, just a talking about the movie would be cool.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm

They need to understand this is probably their biggest film of 2020, so they need to start getting the tracks moving, interact with the fans a bit, answer some questions, give us something.

BOP looks like SS 2.0, and I don't think they have a tentpole heavy slate this year so... they need to be on it.
Sith Apprentice.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:BOP looks like SS 2.0

Blitzkrieg BOP

In all seriousness, while it was a horrid film Suicide Squad actually did pretty well; I wouldn't be surprised if they decided that Birds of Prey would be their new tentpole to focus on despite the absence of some of the factors that helped contribute to SS's success (hype for a new Joker, Will Smith, etc.)
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

fake
Yin-Yang Master

Postby fake » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:They need to understand this is probably their biggest film of 2020, so they need to start getting the tracks moving, interact with the fans a bit, answer some questions, give us something.

BOP looks like SS 2.0, and I don't think they have a tentpole heavy slate this year so... they need to be on it.

Wonder Woman almost made more domestic than KOTM did Worldwide. WW84 is locked to be WBs biggest movie of next year.

In fact, every year they have had a DC movie since 2012, it has been their biggest movie of the year - TDKR, Man of Steel, BvS, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Joker.

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:59 pm

I completely forgot about WW'84
You're right though
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:18 pm

G2000 wrote:I completely forgot about WW'84
You're right though

Yeah me too, WW is definitely one of their tentpoles this coming year.
Sith Apprentice.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 pm

BurningCoolMan wrote:so with current projections Mulan might make as much as the lion king (2019).... pushing GvK to a later date was a good idea

Mulan might be huge but it isn't making Lion King numbers.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

Cloverfield48
Ronin

Postby Cloverfield48 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:14 am

I think there is no poster. I think it will be just short sequence/teaser only for CCXP visitors, without landing online.

Nerd1978
Ronin

Postby Nerd1978 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:12 am

Mulan is the most Chinese-centric American movie, AND it's a Disney princess movie, AND a remake - all reasons it's going to be popular... Especially in China. It's going to control the international box office, in China, for a while. As popular as monster movies are in China, I think that's a reason to move the date.

_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 am

Nerd1978 wrote:Mulan is the most Chinese-centric American movie, AND it's a Disney princess movie, AND a remake - all reasons it's going to be popular... Especially in China. It's going to control the international box office, in China, for a while. As popular as monster movies are in China, I think that's a reason to move the date.

I'm pretty sure Chinese residents hate her for her thoughts on their Government at the moment.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

BurningCoolMan
Samurai

Postby BurningCoolMan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:41 am

_JNavs_ wrote:
Nerd1978 wrote:Mulan is the most Chinese-centric American movie, AND it's a Disney princess movie, AND a remake - all reasons it's going to be popular... Especially in China. It's going to control the international box office, in China, for a while. As popular as monster movies are in China, I think that's a reason to move the date.

I'm pretty sure Chinese residents hate her for her thoughts on their Government at the moment.

no china loves her, it's hong kong that hates her guts

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”