Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11996
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:12 pm

If it's delayed I guarantee it isn't quality and it will be just because WB is looking for where they think it will make the most money.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2814
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Cookson » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm

miguelnuva wrote:If it's delayed I guarantee it isn't quality and it will be just because WB is looking for where they thing it will make the most money.


People do seem to forget though that this is mostly a Legendary film. Doesn’t LP cover something like 80% of the cost? I believe WB does handle the promotion though but LP makes the decision to delay or not.

Don’t think it’s that though. They’ve battled Disney films with pretty good results. No need to push it if that’s the issue... especially since a March Monsterverse film has done the best out of the 3.

Added in 6 minutes 26 seconds:
On a sort of unrelated note.... does anyone have access to see if item codes have been created for the upcoming Prequel graphic novel to Godzilla vs Kong? We know that’s coming... no doubt about that since that’s really the only official news we’ve had.
Last edited by Cookson on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

User avatar
Rodan95
Samurai
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Rodan95 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

So December 8, we should be either getting a trailer or news if the movie is getting pushed back. Lol. It's either fantastic good news or bad news that we gotta deal with. I am just gotta go with the flow til then. I'll react then lol

Everyone...watch Ford V Ferrari in the meantime. Its amazing.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5677
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:46 pm

What if Dec 8 is just a teaser? And we get a Christmas trailer?

Sounds reasonable
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Rodan95
Samurai
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Rodan95 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:55 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:What if Dec 8 is just a teaser? And we get a Christmas trailer?

Sounds reasonable


Can we have Christmas music in the background in the trailer? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:06 pm

ALL I WABT FOR CHR1STAMS I2 THE GAWDZILLAVSKONGTRAILER!!!!11!1!111!!

Sorry I couldn't help it. :D
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Rodan95 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:What if Dec 8 is just a teaser? And we get a Christmas trailer?

Sounds reasonable


Can we have Christmas music in the background in the trailer? :lol: :lol: :lol:


IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAR.

With the big Titans fighting and cities igniting in flames don't ya knoooow!

IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAAAAAAAAAR.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11996
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:12 pm

Cookson wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:If it's delayed I guarantee it isn't quality and it will be just because WB is looking for where they thing it will make the most money.


People do seem to forget though that this is mostly a Legendary film. Doesn’t LP cover something like 80% of the cost? I believe WB does handle the promotion though but LP makes the decision to delay or not.

Don’t think it’s that though. They’ve battled Disney films with pretty good results. No need to push it if that’s the issue... especially since a March Monsterverse film has done the best out of the 3.

Added in 6 minutes 26 seconds:
On a sort of unrelated note.... does anyone have access to see if item codes have been created for the upcoming Prequel graphic novel to Godzilla vs Kong? We know that’s coming... no doubt about that since that’s really the only official news we’ve had.


I think its 25% WB 75% Legendary but WB is the distributor and the marketing team. Chris or someone else would know more than I.

I just know that WB likes to step in and react quickly when it comes to their films instead of taking a wait and see approach. Instead of looming at the MV and all the factors they just see Kotm was the lowest grossing one.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5677
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby _JNavs_ » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm

I'm proud of you guys :^) i was gonna do the same thing lol!

I'd love a christmas themed trailer... No, i NEED a christmas themed trailer.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Gojira2K » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I'm proud of you guys :^) i was gonna do the same thing lol!

I'd love a christmas themed trailer... No, i NEED a christmas themed trailer.

Honestly, if done well, a Christmas themed trailer with that song, could be really good.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 am
Location: England in a junk yard

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:What if Dec 8 is just a teaser? And we get a Christmas trailer?

Sounds reasonable


Can we have Christmas music in the background in the trailer? :lol: :lol: :lol:


IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAR.

With the big Titans fighting and cities igniting in flames don't ya knoooow!

IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAAAAAAAAAR.


I have to admit that was pretty well done and funny, lol. Good one. :lol:
Image

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:26 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:What if Dec 8 is just a teaser? And we get a Christmas trailer?

Sounds reasonable


Can we have Christmas music in the background in the trailer? :lol: :lol: :lol:


IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAR.

With the big Titans fighting and cities igniting in flames don't ya knoooow!

IT'S THE MOST. WONDERFUL TIIIME OF THE YEAAAAAAAAAAAR.


You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout i'm tellin ya why, KING GHIDORAH'S COMIN...TO TOWWWWWN!

HE SEES YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING! HE KNOWS WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE! HE DOESN'T CARE IF YOU'VE BEEN BAD OR GOOD, HE GRAVITY BEAMS YOU ALL THE SAME!

I want that to be in the trailer.
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm

A thank you,thank you everybody. ;)

GmkGoji wrote:You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout i'm tellin ya why, KING GHIDORAH'S COMIN...TO TOWWWWWN!

HE SEES YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING! HE KNOWS WHEN YOU'RE AWAKE! HE DOESN'T CARE IF YOU'VE BEEN BAD OR GOOD, HE GRAVITY BEAMS YOU ALL THE SAME!

I want that to be in the trailer.


Now this is just amazing. :lol: Now i really want a trailer on Christmas,or at least sometime around the 20ths of December.

User avatar
BurningCoolMan
Samurai
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby BurningCoolMan » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 pm

what if Godzilla vs kong was the friends we made along the way?

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 pm

So are we throwing the thanksgiving rumor out the window then?
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2483
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Titan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby tyrantgoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:30 pm

GmkGoji wrote:So are we throwing the thanksgiving rumor out the window then?


Welll not yet,but nothing's come out of it so people are getting suspicious of it.

User avatar
GmkGoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
Location: At a Zwei wing concert

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby GmkGoji » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:32 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
GmkGoji wrote:So are we throwing the thanksgiving rumor out the window then?


Welll not yet,but nothing's come out of it so people are getting suspicious of it.


I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
(That's a quote from a guy I know on scified.)
Image
Why yes. Yes it is.

User avatar
keizerkaiju
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby keizerkaiju » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:03 pm

miguelnuva wrote:If it's delayed I guarantee it isn't quality and it will be just because WB is looking for where they think it will make the most money.


That could be a reason, yes. But also that the movie needs some more work (not necessarily re-shoots), CG polishing, re-editing because test-screenings didn't go well, etc.

User avatar
Moogabunga
Futurian
Posts: 1544
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Moogabunga » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:14 pm

If the movie were to be delayed (which is bollocks because it's definitely coming out March 13 2020 ;) ), but completely hypothetically...it would be because of CG polishing

User avatar
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan
Posts: 6562
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:57 pm
Location: 富士山

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Moogabunga wrote:would be because of CG polishing

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you were involved in the production of Godzilla vs. Kong. Congrats!
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests