Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:59 am

Spoilers for the serpents name, click at your own risk:
Spoiler:
Bagan :twisted:

In all seriousness I like the idea of a gigantic serpent that is just sleeping and shouldn’t be woken up. I’ve seen some people post about how Godzilla wouldn’t stand a chance, and while I don’t think the big snake should be an antagonist, if it was, bear in mind this is the same series where Godzilla fell out of the atmosphere due to ghidorah.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:19 am

I still think it wouldn't fit, they should save it for a future movie if it's real.

Mechagodzilla works as a villain because not only is he not usually truly evil, but he is powerful enough to bully Godzilla and Kong without making them feel helpless in comparison. This movie should be about Godzilla and Kong mostly, I feel having a 2000ft snake will, yknow, really overshadow everything else.

Think about it, if there is a villain monster, it should only take up a small chunk of the movie, with G and K being front and centre. A massive threat like Jormungandr should take a whole movie to defeat, really, like Ghidorah in KOTM.

It'd be like puttin Thanos and his plan in the middle of Civil War. It just wouldn't work, even if it'd be awesome.

The whole draw of the film is that Godzilla and Kong are the biggest, baddest monsters around (well, not literally biggest but yknow) and that their fight will be legendary. If you put a world ending monster there, it'll really lessen the impact of the fight.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:22 am

I don't think the leak about the giant snake is true. Sakaya said MechaGodzilla is going to be in the film as the villain. I'd trust his word more than anyone else since he's proven to be right in the past.
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Thegarbagemonster
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 am

Breakdown wrote:I don't think the leak about the giant snake is true. Sakaya said MechaGodzilla is going to be in the film as the villain. I'd trust his word more than anyone else since he's proven to be right in the past.

Although that doesn't mean the snake isn't in it at all, Sayaka works in media and only really sees concept art to make posters and stuff. I doubt they would put a big bad like that in the posters, it'd be a shock in the film.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shadowfyre » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:07 am

KaijuShill17 wrote:I like this leak. I hope it's real. I'm a little iffy about Madison having a psychic connection to Ghidorah, but I'm open to it. It could be really neat, if handled properly. I like the idea of Serizawa's son being the antagonist.

Shadowfyre wrote:That at least sounds better than that ridiculous man Titan thing from the other leak

The what now?

There was a leak on Reddit months ago about how they made some kind of human Titan killer thing. It was horrible.

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Sonic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:31 am

Moogabunga wrote:So for my fellow Toho Kingdomers that can pretty much tell the film will be delayed - which month are you hoping they pushing it back to?

november. mark my words.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Postby vibramrunner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:42 am

Shadowfyre wrote:
KaijuShill17 wrote:I like this leak. I hope it's real. I'm a little iffy about Madison having a psychic connection to Ghidorah, but I'm open to it. It could be really neat, if handled properly. I like the idea of Serizawa's son being the antagonist.

Shadowfyre wrote:That at least sounds better than that ridiculous man Titan thing from the other leak

The what now?

There was a leak on Reddit months ago about how they made some kind of human Titan killer thing. It was horrible.

A giant human kaiju leads.. an attack on titans. Yep, it's legit!

Sonic
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Sonic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 am

miguelnuva wrote:
Rodan95 wrote:If that plot is legit, its interesting but theres 1 thing I dont like: The connection between Millie BB and the Ghidorah brain. It just seems kinda lame in my opinion.

It seems like it is using elements from other plot leaks though. So it could be fake. I guess we will get the answer on Thanksgiving.

I hope the Behemoth vs. Kong fight is real tho.

Kong and Behemoth is just a toy two pack which makes sense if a toy maker could have gotten feedback on how received Behemoth was.

oh I hope this is true.

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shadowfyre » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:07 am

I know some of y'all like the Jorgumandr thing and it sounds cool but as previously mentioned a 2k foot snake would slaughter Goji and King.

BurningCoolMan
Samurai

Postby BurningCoolMan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:12 am

if that thanksgiving rumor is correct we should find out next week

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Rhedosaurus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 am

I heard that Charles Dance won't be in GvK. Is this true? If so I have a pair of follow-up questions.

1. What will happen to him?

2. Who will be the new leader of his terrorist group?

Moogabunga
Futurian

Postby Moogabunga » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:30 am

BurningCoolMan wrote:if that thanksgiving rumor is correct we should find out next week

Spoiler Alert: It's not

JGAR
EDF Soldier

Postby JGAR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:42 am

We should start hearing something by now regarding a trailer release on Thanksgiving
Yooo 8-)

JesstrK
Interpol Agent

Postby JesstrK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:23 am

Shadowfyre wrote:I know some of y'all like the Jorgumandr thing and it sounds cool but as previously mentioned a 2k foot snake would slaughter Goji and King.

Not necessarily. We see Superman, Wonder Woman, Naruto, Luffy, Goku, and many others fight and defeat monsters that utterly dwarf them all the time. Larger does not necessarily = significantly more powerful.

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:46 am

JesstrK wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:I know some of y'all like the Jorgumandr thing and it sounds cool but as previously mentioned a 2k foot snake would slaughter Goji and King.

Not necessarily. We see Superman, Wonder Woman, Naruto, Luffy, Goku, and many others fight and defeat monsters that utterly dwarf them all the time. Larger does not necessarily = significantly more powerful.

Not in extremely unrealistic animes, that's true.

But for the MonsterVerse, which was stated to be "grounded in a realistic modern world, with the only fantastic assumption being that giant creatures can somehow exist" (or something along these lines), it actually does. Unless Goji goes nuclear meltdown mode again ~

However, I'd actually like to see Godzilla turn his robot doppelganger into a puddle of molten metal in the climax of GvsK after being saved from death by Kong. What better way to end a robot monster than melting it? Worked well in the finale of Terminator 2 (although it was the good dude there).
Size DOES matter!

JesstrK
Interpol Agent

Postby JesstrK » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

Petezilla wrote:Not in extremely unrealistic animes, that's true.

Well I did also mention Superman and Wonder Woman which are not extremely unrealistic animes. We also see Thor and Hulk doing this on a regular basis in the Avengers movies, which, while not exactly grounded, I wouldn’t put them into the super unrealistic category either.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:34 am

The World Serpent would only be powerful enough to take on the number of Titans they want it to fight. Ghidorah by all right should have one in Kotm based on size and strength.

As for the human Titan leak it just mentioned it had Human DNA I can't remember if it was human shaped.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:57 am

miguelnuva wrote:The World Serpent would only be powerful enough to take on the number of Titans they want it to fight. Ghidorah by all right should have one in Kotm based on size and strength.

As for the human Titan leak it just mentioned it had Human DNA I can't remember if it was human shaped.

Wasn't it..everything shaped? It's normal form was just a massive grey blob that could turn into a form similar to a Titan like Kong or Godzilla for a limited time.

Master Doot
Yojimbo

Postby Master Doot » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:48 pm

Would it be a stretch to consider this unofficial marketing? https://www.facebook.com/127435211056/p ... =n&sfns=mo

Unofficial in the sense that it is at least mentioned. Just something else to converse about in these times of silence
Last edited by Master Doot on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Kwaidan

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:18 pm

...no one is going to question why there’s a Godzilla suit in NYC just to loosely advertise Godzilla vs. Kong for one minute?
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”