Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
_JNavs_
Kwaidan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I'm mad I'm not where ever he is in the city right now, I'd totally shake his hand and give him a tour of 23rd.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

GmkGoji
JXSDF Technician

Postby GmkGoji » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm

RUN! ITS GODZILAAAAAAAAAAA!
It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws, it's N O T.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

MothraRocks
EDF Soldier

Postby MothraRocks » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:37 pm

"This is his first visit to New York since 1968" :lol: I don't know if that was intentional or not but it made me laugh.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:40 pm

That suit makes me wonder if there will be some upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong promotional event.
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm

MothraRocks wrote:"This is his first visit to New York since 1968" :lol: I don't know if that was intentional or not but it made me laugh.

There is no way that wasn't unintentional. Someones keeping up on G-Knowledge!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JGAR
EDF Soldier

Postby JGAR » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:50 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:That suit makes me wonder if there will be some upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong promotional event.

November 28th on the Macy’s parade ? :eh: :shock:
Yooo 8-)

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:54 pm

JGAR wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:That suit makes me wonder if there will be some upcoming Godzilla vs. Kong promotional event.

November 28th on the Macy’s parade ? :eh: :shock:

I mean usually they roll out and bring suits out for big events. For a suit to randomly appear in ONLY a one minute clip is quite strange. Maybe it will be at the Macy's parade? Or maybe they will have some promotional event coming up. There's also a ton of cool places he could show up in NYC, like Forbidden Planet (one of the best stores in NYC).
_JNavs_ wrote:The MV is like cheap imitation crabmeat, it tastes good, but it isn't real, while Shin is kino peak Japanese performance.

Rodan95 wrote:The Shobijin are sat on by a fatass explorer and killed. Mothra is pissed and destroys Japan.

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm

I mean.... it’s something. Would imagine the marketing will be starting soon. That’s a pretty good looking suit.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gigantis
Kwaidan

Postby Gigantis » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm actually kinda shocked they didn't just make a more legendary themed suit,or if they wanted to use the Japanese incarnation,used the MireGoji suit (yes,that suit is still around!) or that 54 replica from the short film.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:01 pm

It’s gotta be provided by Toho. It looks like a pretty good suit.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Thegarbagemonster
Interpol Agent

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Isn't it just the Heisei Godzilla?

Moogabunga
Futurian

Postby Moogabunga » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Cookson wrote:I mean.... it’s something. Would imagine the marketing will be starting soon. That’s a pretty good looking suit.

Well I mean, we don't know what month it's being pushed back to yet. If it's August or September like most believe then marketing will probably start in February

G2000
E.S.P.Spy

Postby G2000 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Moogabunga wrote:
Cookson wrote:I mean.... it’s something. Would imagine the marketing will be starting soon. That’s a pretty good looking suit.

Well I mean, we don't know what month it's being pushed back to yet. If it's August or September like most believe then marketing will probably start in February

Unless I missed something we also don't know if it's even been pushed back in the first place

I'll admit it does seem increasingly likely but even so
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

KaijuShill17
Samurai

Postby KaijuShill17 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:50 pm

vibramrunner wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:
KaijuShill17 wrote:I like this leak. I hope it's real. I'm a little iffy about Madison having a psychic connection to Ghidorah, but I'm open to it. It could be really neat, if handled properly. I like the idea of Serizawa's son being the antagonist.

The what now?

There was a leak on Reddit months ago about how they made some kind of human Titan killer thing. It was horrible.

A giant human kaiju leads.. an attack on titans. Yep, it's legit!

Oh man, that sounds terrible. A human titan would not work at all.

I like the idea of Jormungandr and Mechagodzilla being in the MonsterVerse though.
"God, G16 looks like he just walked in on his wife cheating on him with another man, and the zip tie is the only thing holding him back from killing the both of them."

-ArchdukeSquidlyIII

Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Cookson » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Moogabunga wrote:

You need to stop being a troll. Like seriously stop. Nothing confirmed that it’s being pushed back so your “we don’t even know what month it’s being pushed back” comes off as really snobby

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The World Serpent would only be powerful enough to take on the number of Titans they want it to fight. Ghidorah by all right should have one in Kotm based on size and strength.

As for the human Titan leak it just mentioned it had Human DNA I can't remember if it was human shaped.

Wasn't it..everything shaped? It's normal form was just a massive grey blob that could turn into a form similar to a Titan like Kong or Godzilla for a limited time.

Just found it, Ghidorah's decyaing head, Godzilla's tail and Kong's arms with Jonah's instinct.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

LSD Jellyfish
Keizer

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:42 pm

miguelnuva wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:The World Serpent would only be powerful enough to take on the number of Titans they want it to fight. Ghidorah by all right should have one in Kotm based on size and strength.

As for the human Titan leak it just mentioned it had Human DNA I can't remember if it was human shaped.

Wasn't it..everything shaped? It's normal form was just a massive grey blob that could turn into a form similar to a Titan like Kong or Godzilla for a limited time.

Just found it, Ghidorah's decyaing head, Godzilla's tail and Kong's arms with Jonah's instinct.

Again this would be stupid, but I'd prefer it over just MechaGodzilla. Something new and remotely interesting.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:53 pm

I'd prefer a safe reintroduction of a classic character to a spontaneous garbage fire.

miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Human Titan/World Destroyer is something I don't believe is happening but I would have to see on screen before saying it was stupid. I've seen a couple things that worked on screen that sounded stupid with just reading it.
You can put it on my Tombstone Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira
my personal take

Shadow Area 1-0

XxComablack1937xX
EDF Soldier

Postby XxComablack1937xX » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:22 pm

If Mecha-Godzilla is going to be in this, he should look like ''Ready Player One'' version or something similar. It was nearly perfect in my opinion.

Although I wouldn't mind a giant serpent because as far as I am concerned I already got a Hollywood Mecha-Godzilla in RPO.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken - Oscar Wilde

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe

I wanted to be where nobody I knew could ever come. ― Sylvia Plath

You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough. - William Blake

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”