Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

KaijuShill17 wrote:
BurningCoolMan wrote:so realistically how could Mechagodzilla show up in GvK?
I'm not sure if it could be considered realistic or not, but I had an idea of how he could be introduced. It's just a little fan theory, but essentially, Mechagodzilla is built as an added defense measure against rogue titans in case Godzilla was busy or went missing. He'd be outfitted with extremely powerful armor and an impressive arsenal of weapons in order to fight any monster that steps out of line. The reason he resembles Godzilla is so the other titans recognize him as the alpha (perhaps he could even have a disguise like the OG MG). Maybe he'd even have an ORCA device built-in so he could calm down monsters using bioacoustics.
This exactly, but I feel it's also so humans can step in and deal with Titan business, since the other monsters recognise collective humanity as one Titan, Mechagodzilla could be used as a sort of avatar to represent them all, if you get what I'm laying down here! :mrgreen:

Man, anyone else wanting Mechagodzilla to have masers? Ice masers? Like Kiryu?
We know Monarch has them, since they were in KotM! Cmon, baby, just show me those awesome masers in action ;u;

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

KaijuShill17 wrote:
BurningCoolMan wrote:so realistically how could Mechagodzilla show up in GvK?
I'm not sure if it could be considered realistic or not, but I had an idea of how he could be introduced. It's just a little fan theory, but essentially, Mechagodzilla is built as an added defense measure against rogue titans in case Godzilla was busy or went missing. He'd be outfitted with extremely powerful armor and an impressive arsenal of weapons in order to fight any monster that steps out of line. The reason he resembles Godzilla is so the other titans recognize him as the alpha (perhaps he could even have a disguise like the OG MG). Maybe he'd even have an ORCA device built-in so he could calm down monsters using bioacoustics.
This *should* be inconsistent with KOTM, being as though Ghidorah turned aggressive, and Mothra passive, with just Orca alone... but honestly I could see them just "forgetting" that.

I still don't understand why governments/shadow organizations would construct a hilariously unrealistic giant mech when they could've.. I don't know.. put that capital toward some tanks or something? Masers or Super X if we want to keep this thing Godzilla-centric? Pretty sure MechaG is happening and I just have to get over it, lol.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I believe this is discussed on every page of this thread, in in-depth detail as well. So I won't repeat it, but essentially:

- Ghidorah is an Alpha, Mothra is not, she's a support.

- Who would construct some tanks during a global Titan takeover? Waste of money. A Mech makes much more sense.

- A "Scarecrow" Mech with the ORCA built in, would keep Titans at bay. Especially if the acoustics were set to their King (Godzilla).
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

The Orca only seemly calls/calms none-Alpha monsters but will agitate them if it is turned the setting that rapidly sends out the signal, such as the Mothra larvae scene or when Ghidorah freaks out during the Antartica scene. It showed the ability to calm twice with Emma doing it to Mothra and later Madison doing to same to the rest of them.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Now that I think about it, since MechaG is coming up, foes that mean Mechani Kong could show up too?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Someone on the Monsterverse reddit is claiming they've seen a screening in Sydney last night. They're doing an AMA on there right now. They also provided two pics of their screening. Anyone recognize those images? The first one sorta looks like concept art rather than an actual movie scene, maybe it's the camera quailty though.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

It looks like it could be unfinished effects. Whatever it is, it’s definitely not the final product.
GO GO GOJI KUN

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Gojira95 wrote:Someone on the Monsterverse reddit is claiming they've seen a screening in Sydney last night. They're doing an AMA on there right now. They also provided two pics of their screening. Anyone recognize those images? The first one sorta looks like concept art rather than an actual movie scene, maybe it's the camera quailty though.
Can you show the images?
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Forum rules say I can't link them, just in case they might be real. Just go to the Monsterverse reddit. It should be there.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Any specific test questions we can do to see if he's legit or not?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote:I believe this is discussed on every page of this thread, in in-depth detail as well. So I won't repeat it, but essentially:

- Ghidorah is an Alpha, Mothra is not, she's a support.

- Who would construct some tanks during a global Titan takeover? Waste of money. A Mech makes much more sense.

- A "Scarecrow" Mech with the ORCA built in, would keep Titans at bay. Especially if the acoustics were set to their King (Godzilla).
Mothra is likely co-Alpha with Godzilla at that point. She and Godzilla sealed up Ghidorah in the past and Dougherty claims that fight put Godzilla on top.

We're also told Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah are Alpha titans alongside Kong which is likely why Rodan deciding to challange Ghidorah but then other Titans bowed to Godzilla instantly.

Lastly Queen of the Monsters.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The "leaked caps" are blurry screencaps of a city on fire and something crashing into an office skyscraper.

If this really was a screening you'd think he would take a cap of the monsters or something. Fake to me.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Gojira2K wrote:Any specific test questions we can do to see if he's legit or not?
Godzilla and King Kong seem to fight twice and each of them win, Demian Belchir is apparently the villain

Story is developing...
Yooo 8-)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The monsterverse reddit is eating this guy up but they didn't believe the kotm leaked plot after several trailers. Intreasting.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

"Godzilla has the upper hand in Hawaii but gives “mercy” to Kong. Kong wins in Hong Kong. After battling in the city, Godzilla drags Kong into the bay in hopes of drowning Kong. Kong manages to grab several massive suspension cables from a bridge in the bay and uses them to choke out Godzilla, all the while thrashing along coastal mountains till Kong brings him into submission."

Added in 45 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:The "leaked caps" are blurry screencaps of a city on fire and something crashing into an office skyscraper.

If this really was a screening you'd think he would take a cap of the monsters or something. Fake to me.
Agree. You go to a screening of the two most famous monsters of all time and the best you get is buildings?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

ITS FAKE :lol: :roll:

Upper image seems to be from Rampage, bottom is definitely Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon
Yooo 8-)

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Couple things

1) As other people mentioned, if he really went, I dont see why he would pull put his camera and risk getting caught only to get images of buildings. Smells like a massive pile of BS to me

2) Kong beating Godzilla in any fight is absolute trash

3) I would assume that the Hawaiii fight is before Hong Kong - if that's the case and Godzilla shows mercy there....its kinda weird how they fight again
Last edited by Moogabunga on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

The bottom shot is from the Battleship movie with the alien ship crashing in Hong Kong, just mirrored.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

JGAR wrote:ITS FAKE :lol: :roll:

Upper image seems to be from Rampage, bottom is definitely Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon
Haha knew it
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Master Doot
GPN Volunteer

Post by Master Doot »

Would’ve been more credible without the “images” tbh. Top image is from San Andreas and bottom is Battleship.