Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Every Titan may be biologically immortal for all we know, Kong and Skull Island creatures included; it might just be an inherent trait with these kaiju/megafauna. As far as we have learned in the movies, nothing has died of old age, only being eaten or killed by Titans or humans.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

bet $20 that 4chan rumor is correct and we get the trailer on thanksgiving

phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

BurningCoolMan wrote:bet $20 that 4chan rumor is correct and we get the trailer on thanksgiving
Why so sure?

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

I just think from a marketing point of view it's the most logical to release a trailer during the 2nd most-watched sporting event in America

Added in 3 hours 44 minutes 22 seconds:
it's strange how every rumor or "leak" has Godzilla Winning but there are none for Kong winning
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

BurningCoolMan wrote: it's strange how every rumor or "leak" has Godzilla Winning but there are none for Kong winning
Well, most if not all of the leaks are fake. And according to polls, more people seem to want Godzilla to win, mostly because Kong won last time. So it stands to reason that most of the fan fiction (which is ultimately all it is at the end of the day) will have Godzilla win. Now, if I see a leak where Kong wins, I’ll be more inclined to believe it’s real, because that’s probably what’s gonna happen.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JesstrK wrote:
BurningCoolMan wrote: it's strange how every rumor or "leak" has Godzilla Winning but there are none for Kong winning
Well, most if not all of the leaks are fake. And according to polls, more people seem to want Godzilla to win, mostly because Kong won last time. So it stands to reason that most of the fan fiction (which is ultimately all it is at the end of the day) will have Godzilla win. Now, if I see a leak where Kong wins, I’ll be more inclined to believe it’s real, because that’s probably what’s gonna happen.
That stupid leak with the two Godzillas had Kong win.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There’s more leaks saying Godzilla wins likely because of his “heroic” interpretation throughout the MV films.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:There’s more leaks saying Godzilla wins likely because of his “heroic” interpretation throughout the MV films.
I think there was enough foreshadowing in the final seconds of KOTM that I wouldn't be surprised if he filled the villain role in GvK
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:There’s more leaks saying Godzilla wins likely because of his “heroic” interpretation throughout the MV films.
I think there was enough foreshadowing in the final seconds of KOTM that I wouldn't be surprised if he filled the villain role in GvK
It was literally a two word line of dialogue...

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Moogabunga wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Sometimes thats all you need to convey something. That along with the somewhat somber music (compare it to G14s triumphant end music) and the gathering of monsters and the concerned look on the faces of the survivors tells me it COULD be a heel turn in the next movie.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised either way.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Sometimes thats all you need to convey something. That along with the somewhat somber music (compare it to G14s triumphant end music) and the gathering of monsters and the concerned look on the faces of the survivors tells me it COULD be a heel turn in the next movie.

The same way Gamera turned Heel in Gamera 3 when the same thing was said about him. It's usually just a line to tell that a Monster is the defender of Earth not a defender of humanity. If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

miguelnuva wrote: If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
Mecha Godzilla?

It's like having a small dog. Bring another one home and all of the sudden and you have jealously and bloodshed.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Moogabunga wrote: It was literally a two word line of dialogue...

The same way Gamera turned Heel in Gamera 3 when the same thing was said about him. It's usually just a line to tell that a Monster is the defender of Earth not a defender of humanity. If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
You yourself have just answered your question. Godzilla is the protector of the Earth, and many environmental disasters are caused by humans. excellent ground for confrontation. You yourself say that Godzilla is not the protector of humanity but the protector of the Earth. then why are you not so happy with his negative attitude towards people in the next films?

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Olzh26 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

You yourself have just answered your question. Godzilla is the protector of the Earth, and many environmental disasters are caused by humans. excellent ground for confrontation.
^Except KOTM treated the environmental aspect as an afterthought, or a MacGuffin for monster fights and plot development. Plus, as the credits made aware, the titans are already having positive environmental impacts on their own.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Moogabunga wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
It wasn't there for nothing. It was intentionally placed there for a reason. They could have not included it and it wouldn't have subtracted from the movie.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Theory: Alexander Skarsgård will be the main character for the kong plot and Millie Bobby Brown will be the character we follow for the Godzilla plot

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

vibramrunner wrote:
miguelnuva wrote: If Godzilla can get pass us killing him I don't see what would make him turn against humanity.
Mecha Godzilla?

It's like having a small dog. Bring another one home and all of the sudden and you have jealously and bloodshed.
Haha this is actually perfect. Same thing with cats, though they usually come around eventually. I can see Godzilla doing the same after the initial rage fest.

Added in 3 minutes 14 seconds:
Olzh26 wrote:You yourself say that Godzilla is not the protector of humanity but the protector of the Earth. then why are you not so happy with his negative attitude towards people in the next films?
Maybe because he likes the more heroic portrayal of Godzilla that we haven’t gotten since the later Showa movies? He wouldn’t be the only one.
Last edited by JesstrK on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

We're pretty sure that Skarsgård is the antagonist, right?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

vibramrunner wrote:We're pretty sure that Skarsgård is the antagonist, right?
His character sure doesn't sound like it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

vibramrunner wrote:We're pretty sure that Skarsgård is the antagonist, right?
No....