Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by king_ghidorah »

Very nuanced and well articulated points.

Both extremes are bad.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:The handle being a femur would be cool. Bone is way stronger than wood. I don't really know if that's one of Goji's plates, but it's way more plausible for the handle to be a femur.

Don't really think that's one of his parent's bones. They're way smaller than Kong and the bones doesn't look as big for them to make an axe.
Yeah, that's the only problem. That's why I think he uses a fully grown member of his species's bone to use instead. But hearing the tragic part of how Kong hesitantly uses his parent's bone would be awesome to see. I can just imagine a scene where Kong, having just fought Godzilla, is roaming the boneyard of Skull Island trying to figure out how to use this spike to his advantage, as he's on his knees at the boneyard in front of his parents he picks the spike up, looks at the femur, and instinctively grabs it and starts crafting. Hell, have him go into the Hollow Earth and douse it in lava to solidify the axe head onto the bone.
That really sounds like God of War, I'll admit that'd be incredibly touching and badass at the same time.
I hope we get a moment between Kong and his parents' bones.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Destorogoji wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:The handle being a femur would be cool. Bone is way stronger than wood. I don't really know if that's one of Goji's plates, but it's way more plausible for the handle to be a femur.

Don't really think that's one of his parent's bones. They're way smaller than Kong and the bones doesn't look as big for them to make an axe.
Yeah, that's the only problem. That's why I think he uses a fully grown member of his species's bone to use instead. But hearing the tragic part of how Kong hesitantly uses his parent's bone would be awesome to see. I can just imagine a scene where Kong, having just fought Godzilla, is roaming the boneyard of Skull Island trying to figure out how to use this spike to his advantage, as he's on his knees at the boneyard in front of his parents he picks the spike up, looks at the femur, and instinctively grabs it and starts crafting. Hell, have him go into the Hollow Earth and douse it in lava to solidify the axe head onto the bone.
That really sounds like God of War, I'll admit that'd be incredibly touching and badass at the same time.
I have the headcanon that is this Kong suffers of heavy PTSD, caused mostly by seeing his parents being killed in front of his own eyes when he was little. So, going to the boneyard of his parents and use of their bones to create the axe would cause a great struggle both physically and mentally, and it would be cool and heartbreaking seeing Kong in this situation and seeing how much the death of his parents scarred him.

Added in 56 seconds:
Destorogoji wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Holy poop, people actually disliked the MUTO dynamic and is writing Bibles about it? And I thought I was the unpopular one disliking just their design. :lol:
Dude, people on this forum HAAAAAAAAATE this franchise with a skreeonking passion. To them, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Hedorah are exquisite masterpieces while the Monsterverse movies are poorly-made shitfests which insult the genre.
I mean, Son of Godzilla and GvH are great and a masterpiece, respectively, but G14 is such a beautiful film too, full of meaning and a nice message.
I said once the MUTOs are rather bland looking using the "generic American monster design #884636", but the dynamic of two bugs making a team fits the themes of the movie just perfectly.
Kong: Skull Island is pretty cool, too. It's a love letter to cult cinema.

I don't really care about KoTM, that's to me the first bad entry, but even then, at least it introduced three of The Big Five to GA.

My point is: saying ALL OF THE MONSTERVERSE is bad is just toxic fanatism, I mean, why would anyone watch them if they dislike them so much? yet at the same time, blindly defending those films without acknowledging flaws is pretty toxic too, since that's feeding mediocrity to Hollywood.
I would say that KOTM, even if really but reaaaally flawed, is a really fun and enjoyable modernized Showa movie. But eh, that’s just me.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Thank you, @king_ghidorah!
Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: Yeah, that's the only problem. That's why I think he uses a fully grown member of his species's bone to use instead. But hearing the tragic part of how Kong hesitantly uses his parent's bone would be awesome to see. I can just imagine a scene where Kong, having just fought Godzilla, is roaming the boneyard of Skull Island trying to figure out how to use this spike to his advantage, as he's on his knees at the boneyard in front of his parents he picks the spike up, looks at the femur, and instinctively grabs it and starts crafting. Hell, have him go into the Hollow Earth and douse it in lava to solidify the axe head onto the bone.
I have the headcanon that is this Kong suffers of heavy PTSD, caused mostly by seeing his parents being killed in front of his own eyes when he was little. So, going to the boneyard of his parents and use of their bones to create the axe would cause a great struggle both physically and mentally, and it would be cool and heartbreaking seeing Kong in this situation and seeing how much the death of his parents scarred him.
That's an awesome idea, Mind if I use it for a fanfic?
Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote: Dude, people on this forum HAAAAAAAAATE this franchise with a skreeonking passion. To them, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Hedorah are exquisite masterpieces while the Monsterverse movies are poorly-made shitfests which insult the genre.
I mean, Son of Godzilla and GvH are great and a masterpiece, respectively, but G14 is such a beautiful film too, full of meaning and a nice message.
I said once the MUTOs are rather bland looking using the "generic American monster design #884636", but the dynamic of two bugs making a team fits the themes of the movie just perfectly.

I don't really care about KoTM, that's to me the first bad entry, but even then, at least it introduced three of The Big Five to GA.

My point is: saying ALL OF THE MONSTERVERSE is bad is just toxic fanatism, I mean, why would anyone watch them if they dislike them so much? yet at the same time, blindly defending those films without acknowledging flaws is pretty toxic too, since that's feeding mediocrity to Hollywood.
I would say that KOTM, even if really but reaaaally flawed, is a really fun and enjoyable modernized Showa movie. But eh, that’s just me.
Hey, that's fine. It's what you like.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Destorogoji wrote:Thank you, @king_ghidorah!
Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: That really sounds like God of War, I'll admit that'd be incredibly touching and badass at the same time.
That's an awesome idea, Mind if I use it for a fanfic?
Italian G-Fan wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: I mean, Son of Godzilla and GvH are great and a masterpiece, respectively, but G14 is such a beautiful film too, full of meaning and a nice message.

Hey, that's fine. It's what you like.
Sure, you can use it without problems

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

I don’t mind building a touching human-esque narrative around Kong and the bones of his parents. It’ll just infuse the film with more pathos and tragedy... when he loses. Otherwise, it would be such a predictable trope - him building “the meaningful weapon” and the movie is a done deal from that point on if Kong were to end up winning.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Nozuki looks like a LOT better than i thought it would ever be. Though, is it poisonous?
Last edited by ReiwaGodzilla on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:Nozuki looks like a LOT better than i thought it would ever be. Though, is it poisonous?
I’m assuming it will spit some sort of poison or sulphuric acid type of liquid.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I wonder if Nozuki will glide or use powered flight.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

plasmabeam wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:Nozuki looks like a LOT better than i thought it would ever be. Though, is it poisonous?
I’m assuming it will spit some sort of poison or sulphuric acid type of liquid.
I agree. I'm getting a JP Dilophosaurus vibe of him.

Added in 7 minutes 55 seconds:
I would really like to know if the movie features others kaiju besides Nozuki, MG, Godzilla, Kong, Skull Crawlers and possibly a cameo of skeleton Kevin. I'm hoping for Behemoth, Rodan and others mysterious kaiju that we already know the names.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I wonder if Nozuki will glide or use powered flight.
Probably a mixture of flight for its upper body and ground slithering for the lower?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I’m gonna laugh when this thing gets less than three minutes of screen time
He Jock it Made of Steel

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I wonder if Nozuki will glide or use powered flight.
I think it will glide, his "wings" doesn't look like to be able to fly... but hey.... look at Camazotz, i guess everything is possible now.

Added in 6 minutes 53 seconds:
Jetty_Jags wrote:I’m gonna laugh when this thing gets less than three minutes of screen time
Unfortunately lol
I hope it at least gets more screentime than the Mire squid.
I really want to see Kong perform the jaw breaker on this kaiju.

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Godzillasaurus wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Holy poop, people actually disliked the MUTO dynamic and is writing Bibles about it? And I thought I was the unpopular one disliking just their design. :lol:
Dude, people on this forum HAAAAAAAAATE this franchise with a skreeonking passion. To them, Son of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Hedorah are exquisite masterpieces while the Monsterverse movies are poorly-made shitfests which insult the genre.
Uh, hahaha, yeah, don't put words in my mouth. I love the Monsterverse and Godzilla as a whole. I just hate 2014.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Destorogoji wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:

Neither of those movies are masterpieces. Stop calling good movies masterpieces, masterpiece is not a term that means "good" it means above and beyond, reaching a new standard in creativity. Neither of those are achieved in those films.

Added in 5 minutes 24 seconds:
PS if anyone thought I hated the MV, why pray tell would I be in the midst of writing my own version of the Monsterverse post KotM lol? Check out Godzilla: King of Kings on fanfiction.net
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Jetty_Jags wrote:I’m gonna laugh when this thing gets less than three minutes of screen time
You're giving her too much time :lol:

Added in 11 minutes 5 seconds:
Kaijucifer wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:
Uh, hahaha, yeah, don't put words in my mouth. I love the Monsterverse and Godzilla as a whole. I just hate 2014.
Huh... So you love the Monsterverse but hate one third of it?
Following your logic of not using "masterpiece" just as a funny expression, then you shouldn't love the Monsterverse, since you hate one of the only three movies so far.
I like the MV, but I wouldn't say I love it, since I'm not planning on rewatching KoTM in the foreseeable future, if you know what I mean.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but we can now confirm that Mechagodzilla’s beam is Red. The little blue thing in front of Godzilla is supposed to be his breath and we see now it’s a projectile that shoots out of mega Godzilla. Mechagodzilla has the same pieces in the Hong Kong leaks in front of him except they are red

Added in 4 minutes 5 seconds:
Sayaka, can you back this up?

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

HighFlyers77 wrote:I don’t know if this has been mentioned but we can now confirm that Mechagodzilla’s beam is Red. The little blue thing in front of Godzilla is supposed to be his breath and we see now it’s a projectile that shoots out of mega Godzilla. Mechagodzilla has the same pieces in the Hong Kong leaks in front of him except they are red

I knew it, MG is red in contrast to Godzilla's blue.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

HighFlyers77 wrote:I don’t know if this has been mentioned but we can now confirm that Mechagodzilla’s beam is Red. The little blue thing in front of Godzilla is supposed to be his breath and we see now it’s a projectile that shoots out of mega Godzilla. Mechagodzilla has the same pieces in the Hong Kong leaks in front of him except they are red

What Hong Kong leaks are you referring to? Although I would have guessed it’d be red anyways

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Nani wrote:

What Hong Kong leaks are you referring to? Although I would have guessed it’d be red anyways
I think he refers to the toy leak. Except i can't see any red beam.

HighFlyers77
Monarch Researcher

Post by HighFlyers77 »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:
Nani wrote:

I think he refers to the toy leak. Except i can't see any red beam.
Do you have Instagram? It’s easier for me to show you on there. I’m @_kyleweller_