Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Pkmatrix »

Sonic wrote:do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?
No, I very much doubt it. They haven't even done a Kong 2 yet! Why would you kill off one of your headliners in only his second appearance? And Godzilla's even LESS likely, I think, since he's the bigger headliner of the two.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

great! in one of the fake "leaks" kong apparently dies...

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Lol, the leak says they use Mothra’s DNA? How, thought she burnt up and Godzilla sucked her ash.

Oh, what am I saying, that leak sounds hella legit
Facts don't care about your feelings

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Smuggers wrote:So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.
Actually, as far as I remember, the rumor was that Destroyer (again supposedly) has a MUTO-like head with Ghidorah horns, a mix of Mothra/MUTO wings, overall Godzilla body, with Ghidorah's tail end. I am not sure if this rumor is even true, let alone will it look like this. I can see the appeal of making a new kiaju (even if it is inspired by the classic Destroyah) as the creators could give it whatever look and powers/origins they want.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?
Long Live The King

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The leaks are all wrong, Godzilla and Kong will fight an army of MUTOS led to Mothra

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

That design sounds really ass.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Hokmuto wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?
Sure thing... I found it here https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... kong_plot/ Just click on the black regions to reveal the rumored plot. You have to scroll through the comments to find even more details revealed from the leaker.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
Long Live The King

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

American Godzilla wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.
But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Ben Shapiro wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:
But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.

Another idea on getting "Mothra DNA" was when Monarch has a facility near/around Mothra's eggs. In theory they could have obtained DNA from the egg before it hatched.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Is there any basis to these leaks
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Ok, the rest of the leak sounds bullocks but atleast somewhat with merit since it takes known info into account. Hell, even the hybrid kaiju the fake leakers love so far is handled in a more believable manner here. But a fucking "Rocky" style rematch during the credits? Lmao you had one job. Them trolls don't even try anymore.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gothicserpent wrote:Is there any basis to these leaks
No. None whatsoever.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Last edited by Hokmuto on Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Gojira18 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.
The fan demand of Destroyah in the Monsterverse is like Bagan in a Godzilla film, very annoying.