Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Moogabunga »

plasmabeam wrote:“——-
Godzilla VS Kong 2020 Trailer Release Date finally revealed

Warner Brother's President of Worldwide Marketing, Blair Rich. In the interview, Rich was asked about a potential timetable for new trailers for the company's upcoming slate of films. For Godzilla vs. Kong, she responded by saying "We're looking at hopefully some time in April, but by early May for sure."
——-“

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... urNyCANJqs

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Moogabunga wrote:...Can someone please explain to me how and why an absolute ton of people took that April Fools day article about the trailer date from that garbage site as a real thing? I mean, people are actually spewing that stuff everywhere and presenting it as legitimate - Youtube videos, Twitter, Reddit, you name it. Can't help but to literally facepalm

The same reason Mike Zeroh still gets 20k views on his videos.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

vastatosaurus wrote:
XxComablack1937xX wrote:That was nice of them to reply, that being said I am sure a trailer is ready but there waiting to see what happens with the Coronavirus.

They have till July in the meantime to decide to release a trailer and promote it from there or push the film back. I just don't want them to start marketing now and them delay the film another 6 months or a year due to the Virus.
I totally agree with this. I want to see the trailer right now as well, but it would be a wiser choice for Legendary to not reveal the trailer until July because there is still a possibility of delaying its release once again.

Added in 8 minutes 34 seconds:
plasmabeam wrote:“——-
Godzilla VS Kong 2020 Trailer Release Date finally revealed
When Godzilla-movies posts its own exclusive news that founds nowhere but from its page, it's 100% fake news.
It is a amateur website that collects information from various Godzilla fan communities without their ability to gather information, and it's famous for making provocative titles for clickbait.
Good to know for sure, thanks (it’s what I thought).

I was more posting it as something G-related to post as opposed to something I thought was official. We’re starving here.

Though would they actually make up words and attribute them to people? That’s criminal.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I'm sure Nozuki is gonna have a much more generic head on it but looking at the image I kinda had the idea of it having a sort of lamprey kinda mouth or like Medusa from the Godzilla animated series.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Godzillakuj94 wrote:I'm sure Nozuki is gonna have a much more generic head on it but looking at the image I kinda had the idea of it having a sort of lamprey kinda mouth or like Medusa from the Godzilla animated series.
Ehhhhh... really good drawing and idea, but i don't think the moderators even allow artwork based on leaked stuff here
Last edited by ReiwaGodzilla on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

Godzillakuj94 wrote:I'm sure Nozuki is gonna have a much more generic head on it but looking at the image I kinda had the idea of it having a sort of lamprey kinda mouth or like Medusa from the Godzilla animated series.
Looks like the hammerpede from Prometheus.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:
Ehhhhh... really good drawing and idea, but i don't think the moderators even allow artwork based on leaked stuff here
Yeah I didn't know either. But if they need me to remove it I will.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

HOLY SHIT! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! :freak: :freak: :freak:
great work btw

Added in 8 minutes 21 seconds:
You know bois, i expect Nozuki is not absolutely obliterated in this movie, so we will be able to see more of her in the future, but well, if she is killed at least i expect a good fight.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

SATANICO wrote:
HOLY poop! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! :freak: :freak: :freak:
great work btw

Added in 8 minutes 21 seconds:
You know bois, i expect Nozuki is not absolutely obliterated in this movie, so we will be able to see more of her in the future, but well, if she is killed at least i expect a good fight.
Me too. It seems like a really interesting kaiju to die so soon, but a good fight is more worthy than Nozuki's life, so... I hope Kong performs the jawbreaker and brutally kills Nozuki, with lot's of blood and organs all over the place :lol: :lol: :lol:
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Huh, gotta love Nozuki's design :) Looks like something from Godzilla: The Series.

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

OK, this is not a great draw, but try to do mine based in the toy leaks :lol:

Added in 22 seconds:
https://www.deviantart.com/satanicopand ... -837123488

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Isn’t “Nozuki” a cute name for such a beast? It sounds like Godzooky. It would have probably sounded scarier called Nozuka. (Thinking out loud).

SATANICO
Monarch Researcher

Post by SATANICO »

plasmabeam wrote:Isn’t “Nozuki” a cute name for such a beast? It sounds like Godzooky. It would have probably sounded scarier called Nozuka. (Thinking out loud).
I expect some good lewd art.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Meh. Even a crumb tastes good when we’re starving:

https://twitter.com/filmstoriespod/stat ... 5028615168

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

plasmabeam wrote:Meh. Even a crumb tastes good when we’re starving:

https://twitter.com/filmstoriespod/stat ... 5028615168
A stale crumb from 2019?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Dino-Mario wrote:Huh, gotta love Nozuki's design :) Looks like something from Godzilla: The Series.
King Cobra was the first thing that came into my head seeing the design, especially with the spikes coming out of the frill. Probably not intentional at all, but a neat "reference" none the less.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I’m sure it’s very intentional, they try to load these movies with nods and homages, it would be a good way to acknowledge Godzilla the Series, they had a boat as a reference to Hanna Barbera

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

This Nozuki titan looks all kinds of weak really. It just feels like something Kong would rip it in half without too much effort, if Godzilla is the Alpha, this would be the Omega.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Dino-Mario wrote:Huh, gotta love Nozuki's design :) Looks like something from Godzilla: The Series.
Yup! I was thinking the same thing. I love it.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

If I keep seeing that GvK banner I'm gonna high kick someone
Image Image