Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Honestly I still haven't really figured out a good reason why Godzilla and Kong would fight anyway in terms of the story.
That's because you haven't been given the full plot yet.

I don't understand why people really care about this. Before the '62 film came out there sure as shit wasn't a good reason for the two to even meet, let alone fight. Yet here we are.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Maritonic wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Honestly I still haven't really figured out a good reason why Godzilla and Kong would fight anyway in terms of the story.

I don't understand why people really care about this. Before the '62 film came out there sure as poop wasn't a good reason for the two to even meet, let alone fight. Yet here we are.
Each Monsterverse film as done a good job of giving Godzilla, Kong, and the other monsters a valid reason to fight in the story which is what I mostly care about. Sure Godzilla and Kong obiviously see each others as threats but why or why now do they decide to fight those are what people are interested in especially when you havecto justify why the 2 main heroes of this franchise are fighting these are different times from 62 Godzilla and Kong have blth evoled since then and this movie is a perfect opportunity to reflect that.
PS I'm not a fan of King Kong vs Godzilla as a film :lol:
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

I don't understand why people really care about this. Before the '62 film came out there sure as poop wasn't a good reason for the two to even meet, let alone fight. Yet here we are.
Each Monsterverse film as done a good job of giving Godzilla, Kong, and the other monsters a valid reason to fight in the story which is what I mostly care about. Sure Godzilla and Kong obiviously see each others as threats but why or why now do they decide to fight those are what people are interested in especially when you havecto justify why the 2 main heroes of this franchise are fighting these are different times from 62 Godzilla and Kong have blth evoled since then and this movie is a perfect opportunity to reflect that.
PS I'm not a fan of King Kong vs Godzilla as a film :lol:
I'm sure this film will be no exception. I can't imagine they'll just be like "lol guyz fight! haha". This is why we have screenwriters. They will have a valid reason to fight. But my point stands; I don't get why this is a concern for people, but it's not for other films.

The MonsterVerse literally has two films out. Two. A third coming out. This isn't some 15 film franchise. I wouldn't even remotely worry about "why" they fight. They'll make it work.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

It's not that I'm personally worried I'm sure other people are but I'm just more curious as to how they're going make it work which I have complete faith in them doing. Just so many possibilities they may manipulate Kong to go after Godzilla they may not or vice versa. I'm still of the opinion that Skull Island should be destroyed and Kong resurfaces in the mainland by traveling through Hollow Earth
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Read the leak from GKOTM, it gives your brain just enough to start speculating.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

I've read it just not gonna discuss it here since I believe many here haven't seen it yet or don't want but I do have my own ideas how it ties into Godzilla vs Kong

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I mean I can easily see Kong being taken aback by Godzilla’s size and appearance since he grew up being larger than everything on the island (with the except of the Skull Devil) and have an aggressive reaction to Godzilla, which in turns Godzilla reacts aggressively back. Kong is still an ape and apes can be very unpredictable when introduced to something they might feel threaten by.

I’m more on what exactly bring these two to encounter each other. What makes Kong leave the island and how exactly do he leaves? What happens to draw each other to the same area?
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Can I get a more detailed explanation from those who want Godzilla to turn evil as to why you want that to happen? It just seems to be completely contrived for him to just go bad suddenly after he has been one of the most benevolent Godzillas for his entire 250+ million year history.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

gottatalktothefake wrote:Can I get a more detailed explanation from those who want Godzilla to turn evil as to why you want that to happen? It just seems to be completely contrived for him to just go bad suddenly after he has been one of the most benevolent Godzillas for his entire 250+ million year history.
While I'm not necessarily for Godzilla turning evil myself the way it could work is once humans become a threat to the environment Godzilla will certainly treat us as enemies case in point the fact that they woke up Ghidorah is a perfect example of us being a threat to the planet. But again we have really have to how KOTM plays out first before we can guess what Godzilla's motivations will be in Godzilla vs Kong

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Can I get a more detailed explanation from those who want Godzilla to turn evil as to why you want that to happen? It just seems to be completely contrived for him to just go bad suddenly after he has been one of the most benevolent Godzillas for his entire 250+ million year history.
I would necessarily say he’s benevolent, just uncaring of human activities. The special features of G14 pretty much alluding to that he was attacking military ships. And while it was specified, Legendary had the attentions of Godzilla being the one who attack the ship Randa was stationed on. But even with that, those could dismiss as Godzilla mistaking ships as potential prey items the same way Great White confuse surf boards as seals.

I mean Godzilla can be made antagonist, but with KOTM Legendary make it seems clear they are not trying to go in direction.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

For me at least, it seems as though Godzilla will at least be perceived as a threat as evident by the massive power Godzilla has at the end of KOTM which if used inappropriately will just end all of civilization. So then humanity tries to defeat Godzilla by taking out the other Titan’s he has control of and then defeat Godzilla (Kong is somehow involved, so I would need to think about that some more).
Long Live The King

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:I've read it just not gonna discuss it here since I believe many here haven't seen it yet or don't want but I do have my own ideas how it ties into Godzilla vs Kong
It's a spoiler thread.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:I've read it just not gonna discuss it here since I believe many here haven't seen it yet or don't want but I do have my own ideas how it ties into Godzilla vs Kong
It's a spoiler thread.
Yeah but I'm pretty sure some who come here would rather not see any leaks but I see your point.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
It's a spoiler thread.
Yeah but I'm pretty sure some who come here would rather not see any leaks but I see your point.
If you come into a spoiler thread expecting not to be spoiled, you have a mental defect and are flawed.

This is a spoiler thread, so spoilers of all kinda are welcome.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
It's a spoiler thread.
If you come into a spoiler thread expecting not to be spoiled, you have a mental defect and are flawed.

This is a spoiler thread, so spoilers of all kinda are welcome.
Well in that cause after the world is torn apart by King Ghidorah and the awakened Titans I'm expecting some anti monster sentiment to flair up from the surviving humans which could lead to several possibilities.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I’ve got a couple ideas I’ll post later
#slatternking

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

If there’s a human conspiracy against the Titans, I suppose Monarch will be pro-Titans? It will make sense if an official agency is then made that is anti-Titans, but I guess it depends how popular and who is advocating this conspiracy.
Long Live The King

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

If the KOTM leaked plot is true, then the massive amount of destruction caused by Ghidorah and his awakening of the titans will definitely cause a major rise in the anti-titan sentiment (that was already present since 2014). So, I think that a counter-organization to Monarch would make sense within the movie's context.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Maybe it's just me, but does anybody else think that WB is trying to salvage the plot from BvS and use it for this movie on purpose? If so, does anybody think it's possible that the 'human conspiracy' will involve Mechagodzilla or-far less likely-MKG?

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Mechanical king ghidorah would be more plausible than Me cha godzilla at this point.