Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by miguelnuva »

BurningCoolMan wrote:On July 11th the Mocap actors for Godzilla And Ghidorah Are doing a Q&A Panel
https://twitter.com/coolwatersprods/sta ... 3330629632

Mabey we can get some GvK info out of them
I can tell you right now they won't say anything we don't all ready know especially Ghidorah's actor.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yup. I have a feeling TJ Storm did return for GvK but his lips are sealed. Nothing new will be shared for a while.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

BurningCoolMan wrote:On July 11th the Mocap actors for Godzilla And Ghidorah Are doing a Q&A Panel
https://twitter.com/coolwatersprods/sta ... 3330629632

Mabey we can get some GvK info out of them
We're not getting a damn thing out of that panel. Guaranteed.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Even if the panel reveals nothing, 6 days later we'll still get the first publicly released footage with the Inception re-release, so that's something.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

ElijahSky wrote:Even if the panel reveals nothing, 6 days later we'll still get the first publicly released footage with the Inception re-release, so that's something.
Tenet was delayed again to August 12 and as a result so was the re-release of Inception which is now scheduled for July 31st. And I'm fully expecting the date to be delayed again...and again

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

ElijahSky wrote:Even if the panel reveals nothing, 6 days later we'll still get the first publicly released footage with the Inception re-release, so that's something.
There is no confirmation that the Inception re-release is going to have GVK footage.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

Moogabunga wrote:
Tenet was delayed again to August 12 and as a result so was the re-release of Inception which is now scheduled for July 31st. And I'm fully expecting the date to be delayed again...and again
Hadn't heard about that. Oh well.
UltramanGoji wrote:
There is no confirmation that the Inception re-release is going to have GVK footage.
No, but it is a very strong possibility.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

At this stage, I’d think it would be a kind gesture to fans if they released some tiny amount of footage or a couple pics or new banner. They don’t owe us anything, and I’m not expecting it, but I’d sure love a crumb right now, considering what the planet is going through and how much we’re all anticipating/excited about this delayed movie.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

plasmabeam wrote:At this stage, I’d think it would be a kind gesture to fans if they released some tiny amount of footage or a couple pics or new banner. They don’t owe us anything, and I’m not expecting it, but I’d sure love a crumb right now, considering what the planet is going through and how much we’re all anticipating/excited about this delayed movie.
They could put with still with Kong and Godzilla starring down and we would all be good for 6 months lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Hopefully we at least get a teaser before the summer's up.

They really like to keep us on pins and needles, huh?
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

miguelnuva wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:At this stage, I’d think it would be a kind gesture to fans if they released some tiny amount of footage or a couple pics or new banner. They don’t owe us anything, and I’m not expecting it, but I’d sure love a crumb right now, considering what the planet is going through and how much we’re all anticipating/excited about this delayed movie.
They could put with still with Kong and Godzilla starring down and we would all be good for 6 months lol.
For realz, though! lol

Added in 48 seconds:
GojiDog wrote:Hopefully we at least get a teaser before the summer's up.

They really like to keep us on pins and needles, huh?
It would be a gracious thing to do for fans.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Was there any validation to Kong wielding Godzilla's dorsal fin as the axe-blade? I'm working on a custom figure, decided to make the axe, and ended up using a G19 dorsal fin, it definitely looks like it'd do some damage if used in the film. Would also cause some serious tension between the 2.

Imagine someone rips your sharpest tooth out, glues it to their brass knuckles, then proceeds to beat you with said tooth.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

_JNavs_ wrote:Was there any validation to Kong wielding Godzilla's dorsal fin as the axe-blade? I'm working on a custom figure, decided to make the axe, and ended up using a G19 dorsal fin, it definitely looks like it'd do some damage if used in the film. Would also cause some serious tension between the 2.

Imagine someone rips your sharpest tooth out, glues it to their brass knuckles, then proceeds to beat you with said tooth.
My dentist did that once
Last edited by GoWhaleTours on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

_JNavs_ wrote: Imagine someone rips your sharpest tooth out, glues it to their brass knuckles, then proceeds to beat you with said tooth.
After having all my wisdom teeth yanked out, then them scrape down to my jaw bone to cut out an remove inflamed, infected gum tissue this sums up exactly how I feel.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

_JNavs_ wrote:Was there any validation to Kong wielding Godzilla's dorsal fin as the axe-blade?
I think Sayaka said it was a special metal at some point?
_JNavs_ wrote:Imagine someone rips your sharpest tooth out, glues it to their brass knuckles, then proceeds to beat you with said tooth.
Now that sounds like something The Doomslayer would do.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Was there any validation to Kong wielding Godzilla's dorsal fin as the axe-blade? I'm working on a custom figure, decided to make the axe, and ended up using a G19 dorsal fin, it definitely looks like it'd do some damage if used in the film. Would also cause some serious tension between the 2.

I believe the playmates figure showed what looks to be a clear dorsal fin of Godzilla’s attached to a bone handle, most likely one of Kong’s parent’s femurs.
Image Image

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

since we're not going to get any official (or unofficial ) for the movie for a while.

how about be speculate how there going to market the movie?

like for example, I think other than toys Legendary and WB Arent Going to show MechaGodzilla in any of the marketing

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Showing Mechagodzilla would be a foolish choice. They should focus soley on Godzilla and Kong, and not reveal Mechagodzilla until the final stretch of marketing.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

GmkGoji wrote:Showing Mechagodzilla would be a foolish choice. They should focus soley on Godzilla and Kong, and not reveal Mechagodzilla until the final stretch of marketing.
I don’t think they should market mechagodzilla at all. Keep it as a surprise for the general audience

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mechagodzilla is inevitable. I doubt they'll keep him secret as some sort of "Doomsday".

It's a monster mash, i'm sure the trailers will reflect that.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira