Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Pkmatrix »

Godzillian wrote:
GoWhaleTours wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Technically wouldn't the Gryphon be owned by Sony?
Not really. It’s a mythological creature. Plus they never used it. I doubt they’d even notice at this point.
They wouldn't be able to use ideas and features that the Gryphon in the script has so it would need to be completely different.
That may depend on whether or not the rights to the character have defaulted back to the screenwriters. Many times there will be clauses in the contract where the rights to the script and all the original ideas/content/characters in it revert back to the writers if the studio doesn't utilize it within a set period of time, usually something like 15 or 20 years. My understanding is that it's fairly common for veteran writers-for-hire to do this as they may years later take the script or novel they wrote for a corporate franchise, strip out their original content, and revise it into a standalone script or novel unrelated to the franchise it was originally written for.

If that's the case, the writers would've been able to recycle the character for another script without having to get either Sony or Toho's permission once the rights reverted since they created it.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

kong looks the same.... so much for growing older and getting bigger.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Sonic wrote:kong looks the same.... so much for growing older and getting bigger.
He looks significantly older to me...?

Not that it really matters, since this probably is not at all representative of how he'll look.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Sonic wrote:kong looks the same.... so much for growing older and getting bigger.
He looks significantly older to me...?

Not that it really matters, since this probably is not at all representative of how he'll look.
I hope not... maybe it’s just a place holder.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Something just looks off about that Kong to me but probably just the pic itself and not the design

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Well to counter supercharged Godzilla, Ghidorah mites I to a power plant and supercharges himself with electricity. Reminds me a lot of Toho Kong

I’m banking on ether Kong getting Ghidorah’s powers or someone gonna become Monster X with Ghidorah’s dna

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I'm calling it now. The after credits scene shows presumably a native of Isle de Mona selling the head of KG to Jonah and he says they can't fish here anymore everything is dead. This is the same area the Oxygen Destroyer was detonated. Destroyah will be the villain of GvK. I've heard rumors of Godzilla turning against humanity presumably because of some action that we've done and Destroyah fits the bill perfectly. He would be the first mutant and Man made unnatural Titan. I could see Godzilla seeing that as the tipping point for humanity.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

cloverfan98 wrote:I'm calling it now. The after credits scene shows presumably a native of Isle de Mona selling the head of KG to Jonah and he says they can't fish here anymore everything is dead. This is the same area the Oxygen Destroyer was detonated. Destroyah will be the villain of GvK. I've heard rumors of Godzilla turning against humanity presumably because of some action that we've done and Destroyah fits the bill perfectly. He would be the first mutant and Man made unnatural Titan. I could see Godzilla seeing that as the tipping point for humanity.
How would Godzilla know Destroyah is manmade and not some random titan that just appeared?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Godzillian wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:I'm calling it now. The after credits scene shows presumably a native of Isle de Mona selling the head of KG to Jonah and he says they can't fish here anymore everything is dead. This is the same area the Oxygen Destroyer was detonated. Destroyah will be the villain of GvK. I've heard rumors of Godzilla turning against humanity presumably because of some action that we've done and Destroyah fits the bill perfectly. He would be the first mutant and Man made unnatural Titan. I could see Godzilla seeing that as the tipping point for humanity.
How would Godzilla know Destroyah is manmade and not some random titan that just appeared?
That I don't know. I will say that this Godzilla almost seems to connect with individual humans far more than any previous versions. But you're right I'm not sure on that part.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Without looking at the above spoilers, I will say animals can sense artificialness in manmade things, be it a dog doll, robot etc.

I'm sure a billion year old creature could likely tell the difference between natural and artificial.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Might be less this but still something along these lines where Godzilla attacks the facility creating Destroyah; not quite humanity in general.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Thu May 30, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spoiler:
Having seen the film now. I kinda got an idea how King Ghidorah sets up the events for this one. One of the 17 titans was on Skull Island as shown when King Ghidorah made his call. Is it perhaps possible said Titan maybe an even bigger version of Ramarak or perhaps said Titan leaving the island with Skull Crawlers following it leading to Kong leaving his island?

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I have been hoping for some time now that we would get Destoroyah. Using the oxygen destroyer sets it up, and then they can avoid declaring a true winner between Godzilla and Kong.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I saw the film again last night and noticed a couple of other tidbits in the credits that I think are hinting toward GvK's plot:

- Skull Island has apparently become geologically unstable, a la Son of Kong or the The World of Kong (the '05 epilogue book).
- Monarch is exploring the Hollow Earth beneath Skull Island not just to explore, but apparently with the intention of "learning the origins of the Titans".

I'm also going to double-down on my believe that Charles Dance's character isn't going to be the one behind the anti-Titan conspiracy in GvK, because paying more attention to him on the second viewing makes it clear that that would make NO sense. His entire position throughout the movie is "Humans are trash, we must turn the world back over to the Titans by freeing them". At no point does he deviate from this. Now, I can see how the post-credit scene may factor into what he may be doing next time he appears - either by reviving Ghidorah, or trying to create a new Alpha, or maybe even just trying to weaponize Ghidorah's DNA - but I very must disagree with any thinking that it's hinting toward him trying to create a "Titan Destroyer" or anything of the sort.

Instead, I'm actually even more convinced that the human villain of GvK is going to be either a U.S. government official or military leader...if it's an already existing character, then it'll be Admiral Stenz. Stenz is set up in KOTM as the other side of the coin from Russell and Jonah: whereas those two want to hand over the world to the Titans, consequences be damned, Stenz seems to be the leading voice for taking over Monarch and exterminating the Titans, again consequences be damned. So either Stenz is the villain, or another military commander from that faction who's gone radical (much like how Russell is a radicalized Serizawa) is.

At least, that's my opinion on it.

I still think the post-credit scene is actually more a hint toward a Godzilla 3, which I more and more suspect is actually going to be about various factions weaponizing the Titans as that's an idea that was definitely brought up in KOTM so that's either going to be a plot point in GvK or G3.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

What if we get MG and Destroyer?

Maybe MG even teams up with Godzilla and Kong at the end?

I hope we get more Rodan and he isn’t nerfed in the next one.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

king_ghidorah wrote:What if we get MG and Destroyer?

I think Destroyah is certainly possible (it'd explain what's up with the apparent sequence in Florida even though the rest of the film appears set in Asia or the Pacific), but unless we're going with alien MG I just don't see it for GvK. :/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

king_ghidorah wrote:What if we get MG and Destroyer?

Godzilla, Kong and Mecha-King Ghidorah teaming up against Destoroyah?

SKREEONK YEAH!!!! :D

Devilsadvocat631
Yojimbo

Post by Devilsadvocat631 »

I just don't want Kong "winning" especially after watching KOM
As far as the villian I'm leaning towards GhidorahDestroyab hybrid.

I really enjoyed Charles Dance character.

bessantj
Ronin

Post by bessantj »

Not gunna lie with Skull Island having a Vietnam War film vibe I'd love to see Godzilla making his way to Skull Island to the tune of 'Fortunate Son'

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

In the credits, it's mentioned that some of the titans are heading to Skull Island. What if half of the titans see Godzilla as the alpha, and the other half Kong?