Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Desghidorah »

By measuring the ratio of length in pixels of Godzilla's muzzle vs. Kong's brow-to-nose distance, I was able to formulate an estimation on how big Kong is. What I did was after finding that ratio (Kong's brow-to-nose is roughly 35% longer because he has a rather tall head), I then found the ratio of Kong's Brow-To-Nose distance vs. his entire body height. Kong's body is just under 12x his Brow-To-Nose distance. I then got Godzilla's snout-to-total-height ratio and plugged in his KOTM height with the assumption he's not getting any bigger. I plugged that in to find the pixel height of the Godzilla vector I got to find out how many pixels made up a meter. From there I figured out how long his snout was, and then I could use the first ratio to figure out how tall GvK Kong's brow-to-nose distance was. From there I multiplied it by 11.89 and got how many pixels tall the GvK Kong should be. I found he should be roughly 2.817-2.881x taller than he was in the Skull Island picture, which I will note I had no scaled just yet as that would throw off my measurements. I instead then went back to the pixel to meter ratio and scaled Kong off the Godzilla vector. Bit more number crunches and I got a height of 92-100 meters depending on measurements.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Desghidorah wrote:Image

By measuring the ratio of length in pixels of Godzilla's muzzle vs. Kong's brow-to-nose distance, I was able to formulate an estimation on how big Kong is. What I did was after finding that ratio (Kong's brow-to-nose is roughly 35% longer because he has a rather tall head), I then found the ratio of Kong's Brow-To-Nose distance vs. his entire body height. Kong's body is just under 12x his Brow-To-Nose distance. I then got Godzilla's snout-to-total-height ratio and plugged in his KOTM height with the assumption he's not getting any bigger. I plugged that in to find the pixel height of the Godzilla vector I got to find out how many pixels made up a meter. From there I figured out how long his snout was, and then I could use the first ratio to figure out how tall GvK Kong's brow-to-nose distance was. From there I multiplied it by 11.89 and got how many pixels tall the GvK Kong should be. I found he should be roughly 2.817-2.881x taller than he was in the Skull Island picture, which I will note I had no scaled just yet as that would throw off my measurements. I instead then went back to the pixel to meter ratio and scaled Kong off the Godzilla vector. Bit more number crunches and I got a height of 92-100 meters depending on measurements.
I am impressed.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Is in it odd how Charles Dance isn’t casted for GvK? Either they’re doing a Straithrain 2.0 or he just isn’t in the movie. Maybe that end credits is for Godzilla 3 instead?
Long Live The King

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:Is in it odd how Charles Dance isn’t casted for GvK? Either they’re doing a Straithrain 2.0 or he just isn’t in the movie. Maybe that end credits is for Godzilla 3 instead?
That's what I'm thinking, G3. Especially since filming for GvK took place roughly at the same time as KOTM right? Though both MBB and Kyle are in GvK, so idk how Charles Dance would've slipped out of it.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 31, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:Is in it odd how Charles Dance isn’t casted for GvK? Either they’re doing a Straithrain 2.0 or he just isn’t in the movie. Maybe that end credits is for Godzilla 3 instead?
That's what I'm thinking, G3. Especially since filming for GvK took place roughly at the same time as KOTM right? Though both MBB and Kyle are in GvK, so idk how Charles Dance would've slipped out of it.
Mabye Dance is gonna take the spot of a greater-scope villain now?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Mabye Dance is gonna take the spot of a greater-scope villain now?
I think they're setting up for Monarch to be seen as the reasonable middle ground between Jonah (Pro-Titan) and...Stenz? New villain? (Anti-Titan) Monarch is about balance, while these two opposing factions are not (one wanting Titans to dominate, the other wanting Humans to). It's kind of been the thematic throughline throughout all three films so far, so it makes sense that they continue that into the next film.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

For Godzilla vs Kong, I do want an epic conclusion, but no so epic to the point where absolutely nothing can surpass it. I can already imagine Godzilla vs Kong vs Mechagodzilla who then team up to fight the hybrid Jonah is making, but I hope that isn’t the case for the reason I’ve stated.
Long Live The King

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Kong and Godzilla fight until a new Mothra hatches and convinces them to stop.

Is what I want.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I don't know if this has been brought up
SAYAKA wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
SAYAKA wrote:Legendary Pictures intends to publicize the film in the Chinese market. There is no doubt that the film will get a good box office in China.

They have produced many exclusive posters in China, and there will be a unique "Shadow play" promotional film in China. I believe we will see them soon.
Is one of the posters the one you stated earlier about it being red and showing off the 4 kaiju? Can you describe any of the other posters (again, to see once and for all you aren’t just a random person and are an actual insider).
In addition to the red poster, there are some "flowers" posters designed specifically for female audiences, and some Chinese-style publicity (such as King Ghidrah's embroidery).
As Sayaka predicted, "flowers" poster for the Chinese market.

I think we can trust him on anything he leaks from this point on.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 31, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

SG-17 wrote:Kong and Godzilla fight until a new Mothra hatches and convinces them to stop.

Is what I want.
Perfect.
. . .

Darktiger1991
Ronin

Post by Darktiger1991 »

Anyone know anything about SAYAKA? He has been very quiet.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

SAYAKA's originated here as just another early viewer of the film, but unlike the others SAYAKA obviously saw the finished project: described several scenes that ended up being in later trailers (Ghidorah screaming on the volcano, Ghidorah screaming in Boston... lots of screaming) and drew those closely-resembling gray sketches of the Titans you see 'round these here parts.

All was merry, until things started going cray-cray when SAYAKA straight up dropped a bomb: MechaGodzilla was going to appear in GVK.

SAYAKA also started describing so-called concept art (MechaGodzilla in a hangar with a dead Skullcrawler, Kong fighting Godzilla with a stone-axe) and claimed they had this knowledge because they worked marketing for Toho.

This, understandably, made members of these forums very skeptical and SAYAKA, to preserve their honor as an honest-to-Godzilla Toho insider, made their claims testable by predicting several styles of Chinese posters.

So far, all predictions have been proven correct, and now, with with this little tidbit from KOTM's epilogue, SAYAKA's 'bout to be right again (read the farthest paragraph):
Spoiler:

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

D-Squared wrote:SAYAKA's originated here as just another early viewer of the film, but unlike the others SAYAKA obviously saw the finished project: described several scenes that ended up being in later trailers (Ghidorah screaming on the volcano, Ghidorah screaming in Boston... lots of screaming) and drew those closely-resembling gray sketches of the Titans you see 'round these here parts.

All was merry, until things started going cray-cray when SAYAKA straight up dropped a bomb: MechaGodzilla was going to appear in GVK.

SAYAKA also started describing so-called concept art (MechaGodzilla in a hangar with a dead Skullcrawler, Kong fighting Godzilla with a stone-axe) and claimed they had this knowledge because they worked marketing for Toho.

This, understandably, made members of these forums very skeptical and SAYAKA, to preserve their honor as an honest-to-Godzilla Toho insider, made their claims testable by predicting several styles of Chinese posters.

So far, all predictions have been proven correct, and now, with with this little tidbit from KOTM's epilogue, SAYAKA's 'bout to be right again (read the farthest paragraph):
Spoiler:
That image is extremely tiny on mobile. Anyway to enlarge it or atleast tell me what it says? Thx

Gojifan327
Ronin

Post by Gojifan327 »

Troyal1 wrote:
D-Squared wrote:SAYAKA's originated here as just another early viewer of the film, but unlike the others SAYAKA obviously saw the finished project: described several scenes that ended up being in later trailers (Ghidorah screaming on the volcano, Ghidorah screaming in Boston... lots of screaming) and drew those closely-resembling gray sketches of the Titans you see 'round these here parts.

Spoiler:
That image is extremely tiny on mobile. Anyway to enlarge it or atleast tell me what it says? Thx
It is an article covering Skull Island, and the increased Monarch presence there. A source in the article, De La Rosa, claims that Monarch is developing a "mechanized giant" there.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Troyal1 wrote:That image is extremely tiny on mobile. Anyway to enlarge it or atleast tell me what it says? Thx
Oops, sorry. Here, I copied the article for you.
G:KOTM End Credits Sequence wrote:MONARCH BOOSTS FORCES AROUND SKULL ISLAND
Mysterious island becoming unstable?
Recent reports indicate that in the past several months, Monarch agents and troops have been gathering around the ominous Skull Island at an alarming rate. Several teams of geologists were sent to investigate the island and claim that it is “unlike any geological formation” they have ever seen…

..deep questions that everyone has. What is Skull Island? Why is it so important to Monarch, an agency solely tasked with the management, and previously, the coverup, of the giant monsters we now know as Titans?

…or even be used as a tool for war against other humans. De La Rosa went on to claim that Monarch was not only developing this mechanized giant on Skull Island, but had already tried to create organic Titans in the past.
Last edited by D-Squared on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

After King of the Monsters, MechaGodzilla does make sense in a in-universe reason. Godzilla now controls the other titans and I’m sure the governments would want to control the titans themselves, so what better to built their own Godzilla to control the titans. The titans would respond better to something that looks and sound like the previous alpha.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Spoiler:
Now that I've finally seen the text pointed out, I'm most of the way to convinced that this IS a hint toward Mechagodzilla being in GvK.

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

Spoiler:
Vandarker wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up
SAYAKA wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: Is one of the posters the one you stated earlier about it being red and showing off the 4 kaiju? Can you describe any of the other posters (again, to see once and for all you aren’t just a random person and are an actual insider).
In addition to the red poster, there are some "flowers" posters designed specifically for female audiences, and some Chinese-style publicity (such as King Ghidrah's embroidery).
As Sayaka predicted, "flowers" poster for the Chinese market.

I think we can trust him on anything he leaks from this point on.

Oh shi.... I never doubted :lol:
Last edited by BrazilianKaiju on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Tyrant28 wrote:After King of the Monsters, MechaGodzilla does make sense in a in-universe reason. Godzilla now controls the other titans and I’m sure the governments would want to control the titans themselves, so what better to built their own Godzilla to control the titans. The titans would respond better to something that looks and sound like the previous alpha.
This might actually be a valid reason to make a giant robot that looks like Godzilla for once, lol. His roar could even be a replicated ORCA-like device that makes the titans submissive to him.

I believe MechaGodzilla is 100% going to be a cyborg of some kind as well. Godzilla: Aftershocks featured an entire battle between an ancient Godzilla and the MUTO Prime, the same Godzilla who's skeleton they'd go to find in G14. If I recall, the bones are brought up numerous times throughout the book. They're probably going to go the Kiryu route and use the bones as a frame to attach armor and artificial musculature as well as other organic components to effectively make a cyborg Godzilla. Additionally I bet Jonah's crew are going to hijack MechaGodzilla and use it as a weapon. This could be why Godzilla turns against humanity after they create an abomination of flesh and metal to screw up the natural order.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

I think that if, as others have proposed, the villains of GvK are an extremist anti-Titan group rather than Jonah's eco-terrorists, the conflict could certainly have them hijack Mechagodzilla. Monarch built MG for the purpose of protecting Skull Island and keeping the others in check, but it would be a very tempting weapon for a group aiming to wipe out the Titans. I could see MG introduced as a Monarch weapon that gets stolen and ends up becoming the film's main threat.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.