Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GojiDog
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by GojiDog »

I'd be disappointed with a VOD release, but I also know me, and I would crawl across broken glass to see the next Godzilla film, so I'd watch that movie the night it dropped on whatever service it comes out on.

And then yes, I'd go see it in a theater the minute that became an option.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Here's an option. Assuming no vaccine at that point or things don't settle down just release it VOD and when one of the two things does happen then release it in theaters.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

...or, release the first few minutes in VOD up to and including a bit of the first battle, then end it there and force people to wait til theatres open to go see it. :lol:

It would generate more revenue for the film and build excitement.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

MECHA-SAYAKA wrote:
Master Doot wrote:I think a big budget movie needs an adequate audience to go on VOD, ie a movie with wide appeal. I’m not too sure monster flicks have the appeal of a Disney or marvel movie
Yeah that makes sense. Not many people i imagine will shell out $30 for Mulan but even then, Id bet a good amount of people will buy anyways. Personally I think the theatrical releases is the best way for this movie to profit
30$ isn't really that bad when you consider that the audience will be a lot of kids. Like if you have a household of 2 adults, 2 kids. 30$ for everyone to watch isn't bad. I just don't see that with GvsK because the audience won't skew explicitly younger.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

^my family could watch a movie for 6 bucks per person. That s less than half of the price of my local theatre, it’d be a huge deal for us
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

More Earth-rumbling G-content posted by Legendary:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD4r0gnFEGE ... kjx6f0djlp

Nothing massive but it seems this volcano is now becoming active.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

vibramrunner wrote:
MECHA-SAYAKA wrote:
Master Doot wrote:I think a big budget movie needs an adequate audience to go on VOD, ie a movie with wide appeal. I’m not too sure monster flicks have the appeal of a Disney or marvel movie
Yeah that makes sense. Not many people i imagine will shell out $30 for Mulan but even then, Id bet a good amount of people will buy anyways. Personally I think the theatrical releases is the best way for this movie to profit
30$ isn't really that bad when you consider that the audience will be a lot of kids. Like if you have a household of 2 adults, 2 kids. 30$ for everyone to watch isn't bad. I just don't see that with GvsK because the audience won't skew explicitly younger.
This assumes that not only everyone in the household wants to watch the movie but that everyone seeing the movie has kids. $30 for a movie for one or two people to watch is not a good price.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
MECHA-SAYAKA wrote: Yeah that makes sense. Not many people i imagine will shell out $30 for Mulan but even then, Id bet a good amount of people will buy anyways. Personally I think the theatrical releases is the best way for this movie to profit
This assumes that not only everyone in the household wants to watch the movie but that everyone seeing the movie has kids. $30 for a movie for one or two people to watch is not a good price.
$15 per person if it's two people, which a lot of households have!
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KingKong2005 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:
That's the price of a 3D ticket at my work. Definitely overpriced.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Posting this here because there really isn't anywhere else to post this. But I'm extremely grateful for the MonsterVerse, it's given me 3 movies that I really love so far and has given me Godzilla movies that my family actually likes and watch with me on occasion. I mean, they could not tolerate any Godzilla movies before these two came out, I even tried Shin because it has mainstream appeal and they laughed at Godzilla the whole time and were bored to tears during the human segments.

Now I have Godzilla movies that not only do they like, but everyone in my family but my father sang their praises coming out of the theatre. My sister who hates this genre came out of KoTM and was super hyped and wouldn't stop telling me how amazing it was. So these movies has given my family an understanding of why I love this genre so much, and I couldn't be more grateful.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

plasmabeam wrote:More Earth-rumbling G-content posted by Legendary:

Nothing massive? More like nothing even noteworthy :lol:
I'm just playing around, but really...It's just KotM fanart. They post about KotM and K:SI every week or two.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:More Earth-rumbling G-content posted by Legendary:

Nothing massive? More like nothing even noteworthy :lol:
I'm just playing around, but really...It's just KotM fanart. They post about KotM and K:SI every week or two.
Haha guilty!
I only did it to point out that they seem to be posting more G content lately.

Added in 27 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Posting this here because there really isn't anywhere else to post this. But I'm extremely grateful for the MonsterVerse, it's given me 3 movies that I really love so far and has given me Godzilla movies that my family actually likes and watch with me on occasion. I mean, they could not tolerate any Godzilla movies before these two came out, I even tried Shin because it has mainstream appeal and they laughed at Godzilla the whole time and were bored to tears during the human segments.

Now I have Godzilla movies that not only do they like, but everyone in my family but my father sang their praises coming out of the theatre. My sister who hates this genre came out of KoTM and was super hyped and wouldn't stop telling me how amazing it was. So these movies has given my family an understanding of why I love this genre so much, and I couldn't be more grateful.
I love this! And ditto to all of it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Posting this here because there really isn't anywhere else to post this. But I'm extremely grateful for the MonsterVerse, it's given me 3 movies that I really love so far and has given me Godzilla movies that my family actually likes and watch with me on occasion. I mean, they could not tolerate any Godzilla movies before these two came out, I even tried Shin because it has mainstream appeal and they laughed at Godzilla the whole time and were bored to tears during the human segments.

Shin is not mainstream in the slightness I would argue but this happen to me as well. My family can stomach the old movies every now and then even though to them their comedies, they like the Monsterverse films and Shin is collecting dust at my house.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I don’t really watch Godzilla films with my family, except with my dad sometimes and my stepdad on even rarer occasions
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

UltramanGoji wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Movie tickets are $15 regularly across MA, honestly can't say I feel bad for anyone paying those prices anywhere else in the country. Wanna go to IMAX? $20 per person.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

This is becoming "If I'm being regularly robbed of this amount of money, so should everyone else."
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Movie tickets are $15 regularly across MA, honestly can't say I feel bad for anyone paying those prices anywhere else in the country. Wanna go to IMAX? $20 per person.
IMAX is a rarity for me and now that I'd been introduced to 4DX, nothing else compares. $23 for a matinee to see KOTM in 4DX. It was pretty awesome!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Movie tickets are $15 regularly across MA
Wow. The average movie ticket price across the country is $9.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Chris55 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
IMAX is a rarity for me and now that I'd been introduced to 4DX, nothing else compares. $23 for a matinee to see KOTM in 4DX. It was pretty awesome!
Now that sounds RAD, damn West Coast having cool shit
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

LindenHS
Monarch Researcher

Post by LindenHS »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote: $15 per person if it's two people, which a lot of households have!
Where the **** in MA are you that it’s 15$ a ticket??
Unless you go to a Dine-In Theater or a flipping 5-Star private booth theater, that price is bull.

I visit the Cape and it’s not even that costly there...