Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vandarker
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Vandarker »

Gojifan327 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
D-Squared wrote:SAYAKA's originated here as just another early viewer of the film, but unlike the others SAYAKA obviously saw the finished project: described several scenes that ended up being in later trailers (Ghidorah screaming on the volcano, Ghidorah screaming in Boston... lots of screaming) and drew those closely-resembling gray sketches of the Titans you see 'round these here parts.

All was merry, until things started going cray-cray when SAYAKA straight up dropped a bomb: MechaGodzilla was going to appear in GVK.

SAYAKA also started describing so-called concept art (MechaGodzilla in a hangar with a dead Skullcrawler, Kong fighting Godzilla with a stone-axe) and claimed they had this knowledge because they worked marketing for Toho.

This, understandably, made members of these forums very skeptical and SAYAKA, to preserve their honor as an honest-to-Godzilla Toho insider, made their claims testable by predicting several styles of Chinese posters.

So far, all predictions have been proven correct, and now, with with this little tidbit from KOTM's epilogue, SAYAKA's 'bout to be right again (read the farthest paragraph):
Spoiler:
That image is extremely tiny on mobile. Anyway to enlarge it or atleast tell me what it says? Thx
It is an article covering Skull Island, and the increased Monarch presence there. A source in the article, De La Rosa, claims that Monarch is developing a "mechanized giant" there.
That's pretty undeniable evidence.

I kinda doubted him past the KOTM plot leaks but he was truthful about everything all along
Last edited by Vandarker on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

What I mainly wonder is how this all ties to specifically Godzilla fighting Kong. It’s also emotional, so it’s as if they’re forced to duke it out for some reason.
Long Live The King

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Introducing MG here seems like a mistake. The conflict should be Godzilla and Kong
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

King of the Monsters wrote:I think that if, as others have proposed, the villains of GvK are an extremist anti-Titan group rather than Jonah's eco-terrorists, the conflict could certainly have them hijack Mechagodzilla. Monarch built MG for the purpose of protecting Skull Island and keeping the others in check, but it would be a very tempting weapon for a group aiming to wipe out the Titans. I could see MG introduced as a Monarch weapon that gets stolen and ends up becoming the film's main threat.
Oh! That would make a lot of sense.

That would also explain why Kyle Chandler's character is coming back (aside from being necessary if they're going to keep Brown around), as this would be a group that hates the Titans as much as he did at the start of KOTM. "Join us! You hate them too!" "I'm not that person anymore!"

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Another piece of speculation I have for GvK involves Shun Oguri's character. I believe he could be playing Serizawa's son Ren. This is never even hinted at in the movie, but the novelization makes a few references to Serizawa having a son named Ren. I think it could be a cool way to continue the character's legacy into the next film, although it might seem a little strange none of the prior films ever hinted at the character's existence.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

SAYAKA do you think we will see behemoth in GvK?

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Well they could easily use Mechagodzilla to trick Kong into thinking Godzilla is a threat to him. I know Kong is smart but he's still pretty dumb and I can see him thinking MechaG and Godzilla are one and the same, or at least affiliated.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:Well they could easily use Mechagodzilla to trick Kong into thinking Godzilla is a threat to him. I know Kong is smart but he's still pretty dumb and I can see him thinking MechaG and Godzilla are one and the same, or at least affiliated.
I think this is what they'll go with. It's supposed to be "emotional" so they're clearly forced to do it.
Long Live The King

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Spoiler:
Header: MONARCH BOOSTS FORCES AROUND SKULL ISLAND

Sub: Mysterious Island becoming unstable?

Recent reports indicated that in the past several months, Monarch agents and troops have been gathering around the ominous Skull Island at an alarming rate. Several teams of geologists were sent to investigate the Island and claim that it is “unlike any other geological formation” they have ever seen. Skull Island has a unique history in regards to Titans and many respect (suspect?) it to be the home of Kong, the world’s largest primate.

[…] deeper questions that everyone has. What is Skull Island? Why is it so important to Monarch, an agency solely tasked with the management, and previously, the coverup [sic], of giant monsters we now know as Titans?

The lack of transparency in the past has lead many to have continuing suspicions about the intentions of this agency. Some suspect that Skull Island is some sort of birthplace for the Titans […]

[…] or even be used as a tool for […] against other humans. Dr. (?) Rosa went on to claim that Monarch was not only developing this mechanized giant, on […] Island, but had already tried to create organic Titans in (the?) past, and that they are […] cause of several of the Titan incidents. He is (part of a ?) group that believes the Muto attack was an […] and that the whole […] attempt by [???]
That's kinda the best I could do in case anyone else was left squinting at the picture. Also, as interesting as the possible MechaG might be, I'm very intrigued by the bold/italics part bagan.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

As cliche as it would be, I feel its more likely that Poachers will attack Skull Island and set Kong into a fury. A large part of the ending credits was about people realizing the benefits of the Titan`s bodies; producing new superfoods and such. It`s probable that MG something will be sent into stop Kong or calm him down.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Is it true that Legendary got the rights to Mechagodzilla or is that only being inferred because Warner Bros got the rights for Ready Player One and WB co-distributes the MonsterVerse films?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

SG-17 wrote:Is it true that Legendary got the rights to Mechagodzilla or is that only being inferred because Warner Bros got the rights for Ready Player One and WB co-distributes the MonsterVerse films?
Would you pay millions of dollars to use a very famous and instantly recognizable Godzilla villain for one movie that wasn't part of your Godzilla cinematic universe?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
SG-17 wrote:Is it true that Legendary got the rights to Mechagodzilla or is that only being inferred because Warner Bros got the rights for Ready Player One and WB co-distributes the MonsterVerse films?
Would you pay millions of dollars to use a very famous and instantly recognizable Godzilla villain for one movie that wasn't part of your Godzilla cinematic universe?
I mean my big contention here is that Ready Player One was Warner Bros only, Legendary had nothing to do with it.

Is it WB that has the rights to the kaiju and they contracted Legendary to produce works with them or did Legendary license them themselves?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

SG-17 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:
I mean my big contention here is that Ready Player One was Warner Bros only, Legendary had nothing to do with it.

Is it WB that has the rights to the kaiju and they contracted Legendary to produce works with them or did Legendary license them themselves?
It is widely believed that Mechagodzilla is only in Ready Player One because Legendary sublicensed the character to WB, and that part of the reason WB even took on producing Ready Player One was because they already had access to Mechagodzilla through Legendary. It's the same reason why most of the characters in the movie are Warner Brothers or Amblin Entertainment characters, and why Ultraman isn't in it when he's a major figure in the novel. The RX-78 Gundam is the same, that is in it because Warner Brothers picked up the Gundam rights from Sunrise a while back and has been quietly producing a live action Gundam movie.
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

It's all circumstantial, unfortunately.

Although only four have been confirmed, back in '14 we had insider sources claim that Legendary bought the rights to five monsters, leading many to believe that Legendary purchased Toho's Big 5 (Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, and MechaGodzilla).

This belief died down after it was revealed that Legendary also bought the rights to Kong, but has been reinvigorated with Ready Player One's inclusion of MechaGodzilla, since Warner Bros. is directly partnered with Legendary.
MothraRocks wrote:...I'm very intrigued by the bold/italics part...
The director of KOTM has been very vocal about including Biollante and Gigan. Don't take it as confirmation that Legendary bought the rights, but there's pressure within the studio to include them in future films.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

has SAYAKA been active? I wonder if he/she has any GvK info for us?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Sonic wrote:has SAYAKA been active? I wonder if he/she has any GvK info for us?
The only thing he said was Mechagodzilla would be in the film

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Godzillian wrote:
And the Kong axe
Long Live The King

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

oh thats fantastic news! I hope SAYAKA returns one day...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hokmuto wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
And the Kong axe
He also said Kong was 90 meters which matches the math done based on the latest picture.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image