Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
keizerkaiju
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by keizerkaiju »

Ryguy wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:You heard it here first folks, if you want Godzilla and Kong to team up unexpectedly, you have to make the title:

Godzilla vs Kong: They Team Up
One will Fall, Two will Stand

Or else it's false advertisement.
Simple: don't market the skreeonking thing as Godzilla vs Kong. BOOM! Problem solved. If you wanna make a teamup, fine, but don't say the movie will be about Godzilla fighting Kong and then pull out the rug at the end.

This is another "Emma Watson in 'The Bling Ring'" scenario in the making if there's a teamup
I can't tell if some people are willfully dense. There's gonna be a fight whether or not they teamup at the end. That's what the title is promising, it's not "Godzilla Kills Kong" or viceversa. One of them can actually *win* said fight without having to kill the other.
Both are beloved characters/creatures in the fandom, so offing one of them is gonna alienate or anger a lot of people, no matter what. Heck, the mere possibility of them teaming up to take another monster down seems to make people angry too.
So y'know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Ive always been anti team up unless that team up against the greatest foe of all. You all know who I'm talking about

Spoiler:
BAGAN
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Nice little interview with Adam Wingard

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status ... 0752505857

[There's 5 parts by the way]
Last edited by Moogabunga on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I actually like the idea of them teaming up to fight Mechagodzilla because Kong is uniquely similar to King Caesar.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LockBite wrote:I actually like the idea of them teaming up to fight Mechagodzilla because Kong is uniquely similar to King Caesar.
I like it too. I just hope MechaG looks cool and is an original take on the character (honestly i would hate it if the just reused the Ready Player One design and just slapped it in)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

That’d be horrendously lazy, no thank you
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Stump Feet wrote:That’d be horrendously lazy, no thank you
yeah that's why i said i wouldn't like it :lol:

There's tons of other ways to make him unique just by color. Use the old concept arts as an example and you can make a Mechagodzilla that's red,green maybe even navy blue. Heck if they go the Kiryu route and use the skeletons of Dagon,they could have a yellow,bone colored hue to it like his concept art.

Then there's powers which are also tons of fun to play with. Maybe his claw hands can also double as magnets. You can also bring some of the old powers back as well (chest laser,toe missiles,maybe even use M.O.G.E.U.R.A and have him split into two forms...or is that to cheesy?)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Kong and Godzilla taking out MechaG would be insane to see on the big screen, it'd be one for the history books lol.

I'd like to see an intricately detailed design similar to Kiryu, his Ready Player One design or something out of PacRim.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I have hated Mecha-Godzilla ever since he became a human creation. His best was still when he controlled by Aliens. That MG had so much personality for being a machine that the other's lacked. Maybe I just like him best because he was evil and when he was giving Godzilla and King Caesar a whooping he looked like he enjoyed every minute of it.

I do enjoy his ''Ready Player One'' design though, I am sure seeing Godzilla and Kong team up to take him down would be something special. Although we really don't know if MG is really even in this yet.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I have hated Mecha-Godzilla ever since he became a human creation. His best was still when he controlled by Aliens. That MG had so much personality for being a machine that the other's lacked. Maybe I just like him best because he was evil and when he was giving Godzilla and King Caesar a whooping he looked like he enjoyed every minute of it.

I do enjoy his ''Ready Player One'' design though, I am sure seeing Godzilla and Kong team up to take him down would be something special. Although we really don't know if MG is really even in this yet.
Heisei and Anime version yes...but Kiryu? Personally i thought he had the most personality of all the Mechagodzilla's.

And if he really does connect to Kevin's head,i don't think you have to wait for evil MG much longer. ;)

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Kiryu was a product of its time (early 2000’s anime trash) and I’m glad it’s dead. Give me something Showa-esq. anyday
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The Sting

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Kiryu is the best MG of them all. Can actually fight up close, got an actual personality, and has the best roars of any Mechagodzilla. Seriously, with enough time, those Showa MG roars are like nails on a chalkboard

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

“Kiryu is da best cos he fight gud n sound cool”

You really know where the interests lie with some fans.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Stump Feet wrote:“Kiryu is da best cos he fight gud n sound cool”

Jeez Stumpy. Let him like what he likes.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I prefer the Showa version myself, and an evil alien MechaGodzilla is the quintessential depiction of the character. MOGUERA fits the bill for a human-built mecha better imo, with it's chunky, tank-like apperance.

As for this film, I'd love something akin to the Ready Player One version without it being a direct copy. Maybe a teeny bit more intricately detailed like the Transformer designs from the new Bumblebee movie: detailed and intricate but not a shambling mass of metal like Bayformers.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

And you really know the pretentiousness and bias of other fans

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

Gojira18 wrote:

There’s nothing pretentious or bias about it, you’re free to like whoever you like as much as you wish, but when the best post you can muster is “X fights and sounds cooler than Y” you’re gonna get goofed on.
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Long Live The Sting

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Stump Feet wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

Geez, it really take yah that long to come up with that one?

There’s nothing pretentious or bias about it, you’re free to like whoever you like as much as you wish, but when the best post you can muster is “X fights and sounds cooler than Y” you’re gonna get goofed on.
I also like Kiryu for the stuff about being built upon Godzilla's bones and the consequences that entailed. That was a cool idea and I like how that brings some depth to this incarnation.
And FYI, I actually consider the Showa MG to be my second favorite. I just find some aspects of Kiryu to be superior and hence he edged out to the No. 1 spot.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Stump Feet wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

I dunno dude, as 21 said, maybe just let people like what they like?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

I don’t have a problem with who he likes, I had a problem with how simplistic his post was.

When you spend enough time on Reddit, you get tired of reading through comments with the same level of depth, just had to say something, sorry guys, won’t let it happen again :huge:
Last edited by Stump Feet on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The Sting