Your fears for Godzilla King of the Monsters

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Your fears for Godzilla King of the Monsters

Postby Dv-218 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:36 am

G2000 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Spoiler:
Does it though? It's honestly hard to tell since we didn't actually see it yet. The only similarity is that a character with the family name "Serizawa" sacrifices himself for the greater good. If it will be a reference tho, then yeah, you do have a good point. I hope that it's not played out as a positive thing in the film.

Sh*t, forgot to put spoiler tags before. Sorry to those who have seen it, I deeply apologize :lol:

I mean I'd say that in and of itself invites comparison, and that must have been intentional on Dougherty's part (being a fan and all)
Spoiler:
And like the original he does don a big diving suit to carry the superweapon along with him to Godzilla's resting place

Yeah, you do raise up a good point there. I guess i'm just looking at it from a "if it works for the plot in question" perspective, but there are indeed a lot of similarities (and pretty self-aware ones) here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out in the movie, but I agree that it'll draw plenty of comparisons either way.

Sonic
Samurai

Postby Sonic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:42 am

Spoiler:
my fear is that the mammoth titan will only have 5 seconds of screen time.
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 am

Let's keep spoilers in the spoilers thread for the sake of those not looking to be spoiled, yeah?

Or at least mark them.

Thank you!
Last edited by Maritonic on Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

All Hope Is Gone.

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

fake
Yin-Yang Master

Postby fake » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:15 am

Dv-218 wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Spoiler:
Does it though? It's honestly hard to tell since we didn't actually see it yet. The only similarity is that a character with the family name "Serizawa" sacrifices himself for the greater good. If it will be a reference tho, then yeah, you do have a good point. I hope that it's not played out as a positive thing in the film.

Sh*t, forgot to put spoiler tags before. Sorry to those who have seen it, I deeply apologize :lol:

I mean I'd say that in and of itself invites comparison, and that must have been intentional on Dougherty's part (being a fan and all)
Spoiler:
And like the original he does don a big diving suit to carry the superweapon along with him to Godzilla's resting place

Yeah, you do raise up a good point there. I guess i'm just looking at it from a "if it works for the plot in question" perspective, but there are indeed a lot of similarities (and pretty self-aware ones) here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out in the movie, but I agree that it'll draw plenty of comparisons either way.

It's not a plothole though. Unless the definition of plothole has changed

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:47 am

fake wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
G2000 wrote:
Spoiler:

It's not a plothole though. Unless the definition of plothole has changed

I did not say it was a plot hole though- in the complete opposite, I argued the other way around. Regardless of the iffy connotatitons this scene might raise, it makes perfect sense from a plot stand point. Dunno why some people think it counts as a plothole :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Suro-zet
Ronin

Postby Suro-zet » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:16 am

I have no strong worries or fears about movie but i have some worries about music.

NO, I don't want to say that I'm bad about classical Ifukube material, but they talk about it too much, in my opinion. I really like how Bear McCreary work with Ifukube's themes, but what about his original compositions?

We still haven't hear anything about original music and I hope that it will be as good, as work with Ifukube's themes and will not be just at the background.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:27 am

Suro-zet wrote:I have no strong worries or fears about movie but i have some worries about music.

NO, I don't want to say that I'm bad about classical Ifukube material, but they talk about it too much, in my opinion. I really like how Bear McCreary work with Ifukube's themes, but what about his original compositions?

We still haven't hear anything about original music and I hope that it will be as good, as work with Ifukube's themes and will not be just at the background.

According to leaks on the most recent screening, Bear's use of at least Godzilla's Theme is sporadic yet "appropriate", to not give anything away. Out of a 2+ hour movie, coupled with knowing Mothra's is in it too, I'd say its roughly 15% Ifukube and the rest Bear's original score. And I think they've barely talked about the score at all, honestly; the most we've heard about it since like last year was Dougherty's answer to my question last week and Bear's interview the other day. I'd love to hear MORE about it, personally.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Hokmuto
Futurian

Postby Hokmuto » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:39 am

Only worry is that it fails at the box office. Plot wise though, I have no worries, except for the execution of a specific scene at the very end of the film.
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:54 am

Hokmuto wrote:Only worry is that it fails at the box office. Plot wise though, I have no worries, except for the execution of a specific scene at the very end of the film.

Me too, the leaks sound incredible to me and test reactions have been overwhelmingly positive so I'm sure it'll do fine with critics. Box office is the only concern I have ATM
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Suro-zet
Ronin

Postby Suro-zet » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 am

Godzilla 1986 wrote:According to leaks on the most recent screening, Bear's use of at least Godzilla's Theme is sporadic yet "appropriate", to not give anything away. Out of a 2+ hour movie, coupled with knowing Mothra's is in it too, I'd say its roughly 15% Ifukube and the rest Bear's original score. And I think they've barely talked about the score at all, honestly; the most we've heard about it since like last year was Dougherty's answer to my question last week and Bear's interview the other day. I'd love to hear MORE about it, personally.

Well, I try to avoid much of spoilers for this movie this days, so just reads the official interviews and listen some podcasts. Anyway, thank you for this information.
Last edited by Suro-zet on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm guessing Ifukube's theme will be primarily used for the main titles, the end credits, and Godzilla's grand entrances. I'm actually really excited for this soundtrack.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LockBite
Interpol Agent

Postby LockBite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I'm guessing Ifukube's theme will be primarily used for the main titles, the end credits, and Godzilla's grand entrances. I'm actually really excited for this soundtrack.

The Godzilla theme that played during that one panel last fall... it sounds like that plays during the
Spoiler:
Fire Godzilla sequence

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:00 am

Any word on other themes making it in? Ghidorah's? Rodan's?
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MrRockett
Interpol Agent

Postby MrRockett » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:39 pm

My real fear is they they change the rating from PG-13 to R or even X. I mean the four main characters are the entire movie.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea

People Currently In Timeout: 2 ernesth100, GodzillavsZilla and goji89

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm

MrRockett wrote:My real fear is they they change the rating from PG-13 to R or even X. I mean the four main characters are the entire movie.

:lol:
Last edited by Godzillian on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm

A lot of the promotional material seems to be focusing on Godzilla fighting Ghidorah 1-on-1. I hope this is just marketing based off of one scene and not indicative of the final movie. I don't want Mothra or Rodan to be shafted.

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:49 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:A lot of the promotional material seems to be focusing on Godzilla fighting Ghidorah 1-on-1. I hope this is just marketing based off of one scene and not indicative of the final movie. I don't want Mothra or Rodan to be shafted.

Without spoiling anything: Don't worry about that
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:24 am

gottatalktothefake wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:A lot of the promotional material seems to be focusing on Godzilla fighting Ghidorah 1-on-1. I hope this is just marketing based off of one scene and not indicative of the final movie. I don't want Mothra or Rodan to be shafted.

Without spoiling anything: You should be very worried.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened

ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.

Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Mr_Goji_and_Watch » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:32 am

I'd be more worried about the writing lol
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)

on 12-31-2017, Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Nobody in the West can do the Oxygen Destroyer justice, especially not for some new Godzilla popcorn flick.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:34 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:

Without spoiling anything: You should be very worried.

Without spoiling anything: If you're expecting a GTTHM remake, worry. If you're worried about Rodan/Mothra screentime, worry slightly but not excessively.
"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Current)”