Most accurate Godzilla 2014 model?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MorgolKing
GPN Volunteer

Most accurate Godzilla 2014 model?

Post by MorgolKing »

Can anyone site with an authoritative source what is the most accurate Godzilla 2014 model available to the public?

It could be a 3d rendering online or a statute/toy. I've heard that the NECA 24 inch toy was taken directly from the 3D model used for the movie, but don't have a source for that. I wonder if the X-Plus figure is more accurate.

Godzilla looks different from varying angels in the movie and I'm just trying to get my hands on something as movie accurate as possible. Thanks.
Last edited by MorgolKing on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Most accurate Godzilla 2014 model?

Post by GigaBowserG »

MorgolKing wrote:It could be a 3d rendering online or a statute/toy. I've heard that the NECA 24 inch toy was taken directly from the 3D model used for the movie, but don't have a source for that.
Definitely the NECA 2014 figure(s)! There was an interview with one of their staff very recently, and he mentioned they may've actually been *too* reliant on the movie model when making the toy.

If for some reason that doesn't work, then perhaps the 3D model from Godzilla: Smash3? That one's a lot more accurate than the model from the PS3/PS4 Godzilla game, anyway.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock