Fifth (or more) kaiju speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Fifth (or more) kaiju speculation

Post by Camdigidy »

First: if anyone thinks this thread belongs in the general Godzilla 2 speculation thread, I can move it there. I thought a new thread about something more specific would go better.
---

So I'm hearing that KotM will feature more than the four kaiju we know about. This comes from the director according to an IGN article. I've also heard that the fifth or more kaiju will be from Toho.

To get to my point quickly, I think it might be Gigan.
In the etching of the Rodan carving from Marnarch:

To the right of Rodan is something that looks alot like Gigan. I'm a fan of DMan1954 on YouTube and he points out that it's likely an Apkallu, a commonly seen Sumarian demigod:

HOWEVER: I suspect the viral marketing team would have realized Apkallu looks alot like Gigan and wouldn't want fans to expect Gigan if he isn't in the movie. I just find it too suspicious to be coincidental.
I may be willing to conceit, however, and accept that its could be an easter egg intended solely for the viral marketing if anything. But whoever made this and approved it must have thought the Apkallu at least looks like Gigan.

ANOTHER speculation:
Given that Godzilla screen time was a big complaint of G'14, what I would do if I were making the movie is OPEN UP with a fight scene. That'll make people shut up about screen time and start um off happy. And whoever Godzilla fights in the beginning wouldn't ever be shown in promotional material! If, let's say, Anguiras or Varan is shown in trailers, people will expect them to be in most of the movie, then get disappointed when they are defeated in the opening scene.
I speculate this kaiju would be a smaller guy. Anguiras makes sence.
This speculation is a little more wild and baseless.

Let me know what you think of the idea of Gigan making an appearance based on the scetch of Rodan.
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Re: Fifth (or more) kaiju speculation

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Camdigidy wrote:First: if anyone thinks this thread belongs in the general Godzilla 2 speculation thread, I can move it there. I thought a new thread about something more specific would go better.
---

So I'm hearing that KotM will feature more than the four kaiju we know about. This comes from the director according to an IGN article. I've also heard that the fifth or more kaiju will be from Toho.

To get to my point quickly, I think it might be Gigan.
In the etching of the Rodan carving from Marnarch:

To the right of Rodan is something that looks alot like Gigan. I'm a fan of DMan1954 on YouTube and he points out that it's likely an Apkallu, a commonly seen Sumarian demigod:

HOWEVER: I suspect the viral marketing team would have realized Apkallu looks alot like Gigan and wouldn't want fans to expect Gigan if he isn't in the movie. I just find it too suspicious to be coincidental.
I may be willing to conceit, however, and accept that its could be an easter egg intended solely for the viral marketing if anything. But whoever made this and approved it must have thought the Apkallu at least looks like Gigan.

ANOTHER speculation:
Given that Godzilla screen time was a big complaint of G'14, what I would do if I were making the movie is OPEN UP with a fight scene. That'll make people shut up about screen time and start um off happy. And whoever Godzilla fights in the beginning wouldn't ever be shown in promotional material! If, let's say, Anguiras or Varan is shown in trailers, people will expect them to be in most of the movie, then get disappointed when they are defeated in the opening scene.
I speculate this kaiju would be a smaller guy. Anguiras makes sence.
This speculation is a little more wild and baseless.

Let me know what you think of the idea of Gigan making an appearance based on the scetch of Rodan.
It's not an Apkallu, that Rodan etching is from Central america, and lloks more like the aztec and mayan artworks we have found.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You'll be severely disappointed if you think any other named Toho kaiju are in this film besides the big four.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

Oh right. Rodan's in Mexico (even though I'm sure he can fly anywhere). And the etching does look more Aztec than Sumarian.
What are your opinions on the Gigan(?) in the image?
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Camdigidy wrote: What are your opinions on the Gigan(?) in the image?
It's not Gigan and it's honestly really silly to think that it is. If he were even in the movie (which he isn't), why would he be revealed so irrelevantly and lackadaisically? Why do you think he'd be in the background of another kaiju's picture and not have one of his own? Gigan's not just some throwaway monster, he's a pretty big name in the Godzilla series.

Any kaiju like Gigan or even Anguirus would've been revealed like all the other kaiju if they were in the film. They will not be throwaway surprises for one act of the film and I really wish people would realize this.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Camdigidy wrote: What are your opinions on the Gigan(?) in the image?
It's not Gigan and it's honestly really silly to think that it is. If he were even in the movie (which he isn't), why would he be revealed so irrelevantly and lackadaisically? Why do you think he'd be in the background of another kaiju's picture and not have one of his own? Gigan's not just some throwaway monster, he's a pretty big name in the Godzilla series.

Any kaiju like Gigan or even Anguirus would've been revealed like all the other kaiju if they were in the film. They will not be throwaway surprises for one act of the film and I really wish people would realize this.
The director's said there are more than four kaiju. I dont think it's too unreasonable to think they're leaving one out as a surprise. Maybe at the end or a post credits scene. I don't remember, but was there any hint of Thanos at the end of Avengers before it came out?

This image was made by someone in the marketing department for the movie. The Gigan-looking thing isn't there for no reason. Like I said before, I'll accept it if the artist, by him/her self, put it in there as their own Easter egg.

Added in 4 minutes 47 seconds:
And here's the Facebook post from the official page:

_4 monsters ? More.
_Still Toho monsters ? Yes.
_Akira Ifukube classic theme ? Yes.

https://www.facebook.com/47014931978464 ... 118083018/

I'll admit my speculations are a little wild.
Maybe a second Rodan would be more realistic?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Camdigidy wrote: DMan1954 on YouTube
There's your problem.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

Living Corpse wrote:
There's your problem.
Haha. He's not that bad. And besides, I was refuting his claim of it being an Akkallu. Unless you're saying my problem is questioning him. :P

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Nessie in Scotland, Razorback in Australia.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Camdigidy wrote: The director's said there are more than four kaiju. I dont think it's too unreasonable to think they're leaving one out as a surprise.
Yes, but not a named kaiju. That doesn't make any logical sense. Why would they waste money on a trademarked character to only show up in one act of the movie?

The only kaiju I could think of that would show up in an after credits scene would be Kong. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

The Thanos comparison is another thing entirely. Gigan is not on the same level of hype as Thanos. It's like comparing Boba Fett to the Emperor.
Camdigidy wrote: This image was made by someone in the marketing department for the movie. The Gigan-looking thing isn't there for no reason. Like I said before, I'll accept it if the artist, by him/her self, put it in there as their own Easter egg.
Okay, if we go by your logic that it's Gigan then why are there two of them? There's two on each side of Rodan. Gigan is a solitary creature, there is only one of him.

It's just extremely illogical to think that it's Gigan. It makes no sense.

Why is Gigan, a creature known for being a space monster, on Earth?
Why would they hide someone like Gigan in only one piece of marketing?
Why would they waste money on including Gigan for only one act or an after-credits scene to lead into a movie that doesn't even need to feature him?
Why are there two Gigans in the picture?

There just is way too many inconsistencies in your logic. It's not just wild man, it's bonkers. I'm not trying to insult you but it's really baffling to see someone double down so much on something extremely unlikely.
Camdigidy wrote:
That's not the official page.

https://www.facebook.com/GodzillaMovie/

This one is. The blue check mark is your key. It's a verified account. That page you linked is fan made.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Camdigidy wrote: The director's said there are more than four kaiju. I dont think it's too unreasonable to think they're leaving one out as a surprise.
Yes, but not a named kaiju. That doesn't make any logical sense. Why would they waste money on a trademarked character to only show up in one act of the movie?

The only kaiju I could think of that would show up in an after credits scene would be Kong. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

The Thanos comparison is another thing entirely. Gigan is not on the same level of hype as Thanos. It's like comparing Boba Fett to the Emperor.
Camdigidy wrote: This image was made by someone in the marketing department for the movie. The Gigan-looking thing isn't there for no reason. Like I said before, I'll accept it if the artist, by him/her self, put it in there as their own Easter egg.
Okay, if we go by your logic that it's Gigan then why are there two of them? There's two on each side of Rodan. Gigan is a solitary creature, there is only one of him.

It's just extremely illogical to think that it's Gigan. It makes no sense.

Why is Gigan, a creature known for being a space monster, on Earth?
Why would they hide someone like Gigan in only one piece of marketing?
Why would they waste money on including Gigan for only one act or an after-credits scene to lead into a movie that doesn't even need to feature him?
Why are there two Gigans in the picture?

There just is way too many inconsistencies in your logic. It's not just wild man, it's bonkers. I'm not trying to insult you but it's really baffling to see someone double down so much on something extremely unlikely.
Camdigidy wrote:
That's not the official page.

https://www.facebook.com/GodzillaMovie/

This one is. The blue check mark is your key. It's a verified account. That page you linked is fan made.
Sorry to ruffle your jimmies, dude. Lol. This is all just speculation and theory for fun.
Ok. I'll give. The fan page looks exactly like the official.

All I'm saying it that it looks like Gigan. The beak, head, the wing on the back.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It's more than likely to be some sort of cannon fodder creature who gets killed in an instant.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

LegendZilla wrote:It's more than likely to be some sort of cannon fodder creature who gets killed in an instant.
Alright, enough of my crazy Gigan nonsense.
If it there is a cannon fodder kaiju, and if it IS toho, who would you suspect?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Camdigidy wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:It's more than likely to be some sort of cannon fodder creature who gets killed in an instant.
At most Kamakuras. I highly doubt it will even be a Toho creation.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Post by Camdigidy »

LegendZilla wrote:
Camdigidy wrote:
At most Kamakuras. I highly doubt it will even be a Toho creation.
I'm always down for original kaiju.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

If it was a Toho kaiju monster I'd suspect Anguirus because he seems to be the most popular outside of Toho's Big 5.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Eh, no way is it Gigan. I'm sure we will get a reference/easter egg to Gigan just for fun, especially since we have hardcore fans like Michael Doughtery and O'Shea Jackson Jr (he even talked about Gigan!) involved. Like, maybe we'll see the name "Gigan" on something like how Mothra was in G14. But Gigan actually appearing? No way.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Camdigidy wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
There's your problem.
Haha. He's not that bad.
Yes they all are that bad. Don't encourage them.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

It will be their only scene I imagine, but a list of obvious bowing Titans -

Anguirus
Nessie
Woolly Mammoth

Tek
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tek »