The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

Post by _JNavs_ »

Smuggers wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Most (not all) Godzilla fans seem to be calmer, tame and understanding in those scenarios.
Unless it's a discussion about a fictional character being able to defeat Godzilla.
Even then it's discussion in good fun, not rabid aggressive arguments.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla: King of the Monsters Box Office Thread - Predictions, Tracking, etc

Post by Gojira18 »

Smuggers wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Most (not all) Godzilla fans seem to be calmer, tame and understanding in those scenarios.
Unless it's a discussion about a fictional character being able to defeat Godzilla.
Or discussing 1998 or the Anime trilogy

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira18 wrote:
Smuggers wrote:
Can't argue that one :lol:, those topics feed off hate and rage
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

The tease was definitely a success for Warner Bros and co. It created some buzz and made people now aware that such a movie exists.
Long Live The King

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Hokmuto wrote:The tease was definitely a success for Warner Bros and co. It created some buzz and made people now aware that such a movie exists.
*Sigh* If only the same could had been done for Missing Link (Favorite movie so far this year)...:(

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
Smuggers wrote: Unless it's a discussion about a fictional character being able to defeat Godzilla.
Can't argue that one :lol:, those topics feed off hate and rage
Can you blame them?

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Hokmuto wrote:The tease was definitely a success for Warner Bros and co. It created some buzz and made people now aware that such a movie exists.
Reposting what I said in the general thread:

If I were them, I’d have the 5 minute footage play next week. I mean who seriously will check out the footage? Not everyone has HBO NOW or HBO GO, and those that do, I bet that 90% didn’t bother to see it because Game of Thrones was the priority. They should play it for EVERYONE on next weeks episode, which I assure you will be big because it’s the battle of Winterfell (for those that watch the show).

I mean they still did a good strategy but they messed up lol by releasing the footage early and stirring up confusion.
Yooo 8-)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh man, looking at the huge amount Endgame is making, the trailer before it is going to boost the projections quite a bit.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Oh man, looking at the huge amount Endgame is making, the trailer before it is going to boost the projections quite a bit.
The projections would have been upped already, seeing how the GOT preview and the final trailer is making quite the buzz.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Oh man, looking at the huge amount Endgame is making, the trailer before it is going to boost the projections quite a bit.
Is it confirmed that KOTM will get a trailer before Endgame?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Gothicserpent wrote:
Is it confirmed that KOTM will get a trailer before Endgame?
Yes.
Long Live The King

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I don't know if its confirmed but it can be quite reliably inferred.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I don't know if its confirmed but it can be quite reliably inferred.
It is confirmed for at least Imax screenings of Endgame in other countries.

As for final trailer playing during Endgame, who knows. We will have to see what someone says on the forums (assuming someone goes to see it on TK opening day, which I am certain will happen) when it comes out on the 26th.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

They released the new trailer to purposefully attach it to Endgame. Hopefully it gets attached to many screenings.
Yooo 8-)

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

JGAR wrote:They released the new trailer to purposefully attach it to Endgame. Hopefully it gets attached to many screenings.
Bunch of assholes. I'm going to have to time my presence in the theater carefully.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
JGAR wrote:They released the new trailer to purposefully attach it to Endgame. Hopefully it gets attached to many screenings.
Bunch of assholes. I'm going to have to time my presence in the theater carefully.
Have fun getting kicked out for sneaking into a theater just see a 2 min trailer that's easily available online

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Have fun getting kicked out for sneaking into a theater just see a 2 min trailer that's easily available online
I think they're trying not to see the trailer.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KillCrites wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:
I think they're trying not to see the trailer.
Jesus the people in this place :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ehh, I planned on avoiding the new trailer but if it's attached to Endgame, I'm okay with watching it. I'm definitely not gonna risk giving up my seat just to avoid a trailer.

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

Seen all the trailers...will see it when we go see Pikachu, so it will be the appetizer before the meal!
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.