Godzilla 2 Trailer Breakdown & Analysis

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla 2 Trailer Breakdown & Analysis

Post by KingZillla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I think the trailer is amazing, and works great side by side as a parallel to G14 and it’s trailer. The movie looks absolutely amazing, the choice of music is astounding. I’m glad how lighthearted and epic (and I mean that in a serious sense) the whole thing is. It does a great job at quickly showcasing Godzilla, while hinting the other monsters.
I'm curious of how it works as parallel to the Godzilla 2014 trailer? Is it because of the contrast in tones?
Last edited by KingZillla on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Can of Conspiracy wrote:So, about that Debussy piece (Clair de Lune) used for the soundtrack. It's not the first time it appeared in the franchise, could it be a conscious reference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tTPiQviZeg

Is Space Hunter M still around, by the way? It's his upload^
I'm pretty sure it is. I definitely hear a melody that matches perfectly with the trailer music, especially in the first 17 notes starting at the 0:07 mark.
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Slo-Mo of Monster Shots

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

G2000 wrote:Spoilers okay here?
Yes, spoilers away
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

miguelnuva wrote:
MrRockett wrote:This will be the best movie next year. Best trailer this year, I really am contemplating avoiding the rest of the marketing and hopefully i I will be able to rent a whole theater for myself opening night.

Sincerely,
MrRockett
Nope, Lion King is coming out next year.
The Lion King? Really? Who is actually looking forward to that other than 10 year olds. I mean I liked the original as much as the next guy, it was a great, but I couldn't care less about Disney live action remakes. Going by what they've released so far, they don't hold a candle to the animated originals. Are you excited for Dumbo too? Godzilla:KOTM could be awful (which I highly doubt) and it'd still be the best movie next year, its Godzilla!
Last edited by Relair on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Relair wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
MrRockett wrote:This will be the best movie next year. Best trailer this year, I really am contemplating avoiding the rest of the marketing and hopefully i I will be able to rent a whole theater for myself opening night.

Sincerely,
MrRockett
The Lion King? Really? Who is actually looking forward to that other than 10 year olds. I mean I liked the original as much as the next guy, it was a great, but I couldn't care less about Disney live action remakes. Going by what they've released so far, they don't hold a candle to the animated originals. Are you excited for Dumbo too? Godzilla:KOTM could be awful (which I highly doubt) and it'd still be the best movie next year, its Godzilla!
Nope just Lion King. Kotm will be my favorite movie next year but Lion King is going to destroy the box office.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

That isn't indicative of its quality, but okay.
PitchBlackProgress wrote:
G2000 wrote:Spoilers okay here?
Yes, spoilers away
Spoilers in spoiler tags, thank you.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Avengers 4...

With that said, this is easily my most anticipated film. Eaaaaaaasily!

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

miguelnuva wrote:
Relair wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Nope just Lion King. Kotm will be my favorite movie next year but Lion King is going to destroy the box office.
Oh without a doubt it will make a killing, kids movies always do. Probably break all kinds of records. But there's no way it will be *better* than Godzilla to me, maybe I misunderstood the original question.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Holy shit! That HD trailer makes things so much more clear!! Like, you can see one of Mothra's legs, when she spreads her wings. Ghidorah's eyes look fucking awesome, and creeeeepy!! Also, can we finally put to bed that the flying thing next to Rodan is a PLANE? It's the same plane that he's chasing, in that scene where he's flying over the water (which I just noticed now), and the one that appears in front of Ghidorah.

FUCKING AMAZING!!!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Let's be honest Avengers 4 is probably going to walk the cake in being the number one box office hit next year. It and Lion King has to potential to surpass Avatar.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Let's be honest Avengers 4 is probably going to walk the cake in being the number one box office hit next year. It and Lion King has to potential to surpass Avatar.
Avengers 4 will burn out around 2B, Lion King if done right can fit 3B.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Avengers 4 will burn out around 2B, Lion King if done right can fit 3B.
I feel you're underestimating Avengers 4. Considering how fast Infinity War managed to reach the billion dollar mark and is concluding the Thanos Arc which people had been anticipating for so many years now. I'd imagine it easily passing Avatar. This and Infinity War are the original Star Wars of this generation.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Avengers 4 will burn out around 2B, Lion King if done right can fit 3B.
I feel you're underestimating Avengers 4. Considering how fast Infinity War managed to reach the billion dollar mark and is concluding the Thanos Arc which people had been anticipating for so many years now. I'd imagine it easily passing Avatar.
Infinity war blew pass 1b and then stumbled to 2B. Avengers 4 would have to be twice as big and its losing Spiderman, Black Panther and the Guardians of the galaxy.

My family rushed to see IW mostly because of Black Panter for example.

IW is going to be near the peak of the mcu I don't see A4 making 700m more than IW.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

miguelnuva wrote:Lion King if done right can fit 3B.
You have... way more faith in The Lion King than I think even Disney has.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Infinity war blew pass 1b and then stumbled to 2B. Avengers 4 would have to be twice as big and its losing Spiderman, Black Panther and the Guardians of the galaxy.

My family rushed to see IW mostly because of Black Panter for example.

IW is going to be near the peak of the mcu I don't see A4 making 700m more than IW.
I mean considering the amounts of hype Infinity War had and been building up to it for 10 years. I would imagine the hype for the conclusion being way more bigger.
NSZ wrote:You have... way more faith in The Lion King than I think even Disney has.
To be fair though. It does have the potential to surpass Avatar. The fandom is HUGE. Probably one of if not Disney's most popular brand. I can only imagine this live-action film bulldozing any competition that plays at the same time with it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:It does have the potential to surpass Avatar.
There we go. All is right with the forums again. Good to have you back 1990's.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

I see Lion King making Beauty and the Beast money: $1-$1.5 billion. Avengers 4 has the best chance to beat Avatar. However, it needs to do about $800,000,000 more than what IW did to surpass it. Avatar has a total gross of almost $2.8 billion. Which blows my mind because that film is total horse manure in my opinion.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:I see Lion King making Beauty and the Beast money: $1-$1.5 billion. Avengers 4 has the best chance to beat Avatar. However, it needs to do about $800,000,000 more than what IW did to surpass it. Avatar has a total gross of almost $2.8 billion. Which blows my mind because that film is total horse manure in my opinion.

You really underestimate the fandom of The Lion King if you actually think it'll only make above a billion...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lion King almost did 1B in 1994 but that could include rereleases. If it did half that now with the inflation it's near 2B.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image