Godzilla 2 Composer Announced: Bear McCreary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla 2 Composer Announced: Bear McCreary

Postby Mecha-SpaceGhidorah » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:36 am

Not sure if this is quite the right place to post these, but I ran across them a few months ago and I just realized that, as far as I know anyway, they've not been linked anywhere here before. I figured that some of you may not have heard these and thought that you might like to hear them too.

Two versions of McCreary's arrangement of "Mothra's Song" with the original singing by The Peanuts added. One has the speed of the singing changed to match McCreary's music and the other has his music's speed changed to match the singing.

I really love both, and couldn't tell you which I like better; but I can say for certain after hearing them, if I had had any doubt of that before, that the lyrics where the one thing that was truly lacking in Bear McCreary's version as far as I'm concerned.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
    ~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

gottatalktothefake
G-Grasper

Postby gottatalktothefake » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 am

I heard the lyrics of the Mothra song in my head while listening
Smuggers wrote:How could Dougherty do this to us bros... he's defiling our beloved monsters right before our eyes, charging $15 a pop and getting millions in the process... I thought he was a trufan? I guess this was all some sick joke orchestrated by Thomas Tull for almost a decade...

Oh well. Guess I won't see the movie for myself and form my own opinion, I've basically already seen it in my mind from what I've read online and I know a lame duck when I see one. Time to whip out the 'ol 12 gauge

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician

Postby GojiDog » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 am

Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Postby GuardianGhido » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:22 am

GojiDog wrote:Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?

Something like this? https://twitter.com/bearmccreary/status ... 3937752065
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Stump Feet
Futurian

Postby Stump Feet » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:33 pm

GojiDog wrote:Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?

Wouldn’t they have to actually be original in order for that to work
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”