Godzilla 2 Composer Announced: Bear McCreary

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla 2 Composer Announced: Bear McCreary

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Not sure if this is quite the right place to post these, but I ran across them a few months ago and I just realized that, as far as I know anyway, they've not been linked anywhere here before. I figured that some of you may not have heard these and thought that you might like to hear them too.

Two versions of McCreary's arrangement of "Mothra's Song" with the original singing by The Peanuts added. One has the speed of the singing changed to match McCreary's music and the other has his music's speed changed to match the singing.

I really love both, and couldn't tell you which I like better; but I can say for certain after hearing them, if I had had any doubt of that before, that the lyrics where the one thing that was truly lacking in Bear McCreary's version as far as I'm concerned.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I heard the lyrics of the Mothra song in my head while listening
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

GojiDog wrote:Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?
Something like this? https://twitter.com/bearmccreary/status ... 3937752065
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

GojiDog wrote:Okay, I know I'm asking too much of the Academy to do this, but wouldn't it be sweet if Bear's work on this film got nominated for best original score?
Wouldn’t they have to actually be original in order for that to work
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Reviving because The INTERNATIONAL FILM MUSIC CRITICS ASSOCIATION AWARDS have nominated Godzilla: King Of The Monsters for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Horror Score, going up against Avengers, Us, and Rise of Skywalker. Bear McCreary also got a Best Score for a Drama Film nomination for The Professor And The Mad Man, as well as a nomination for Composer For The Year for the 5 film scores he composed this year.

RIP Evan.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I also enjoyed Bear's work on the Child's Play remake (a movie that was better than I would have ever expected).

I can't get that Buddi Song out of my head, lol
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.