Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Fri May 24, 2019 8:21 pm

So what is Ghidorah's posture in the movie when not flying? Is he upright, or hunched over? No wing walking?
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

batzilla
Yojimbo

Postby batzilla » Fri May 24, 2019 8:37 pm

What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So what is Ghidorah's posture in the movie when not flying? Is he upright, or hunched over? No wing walking?

Upright on two legs when he's facing Godzilla or striking a pose, on his fours when he's resting or facing smaller opponents. He does use his wings to support himself from time to time but he isn't a complete quadruped like Smaug. Godzilla2000Zero saw it other wise but my impression was that he isn't a natural wing "walker".

batzilla wrote:What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?

Only the Blue Oyster Cult song and the Godzilla march.

Added in 39 seconds:
Troyal1 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?

No but altogether in the movie twice in Antarctica and 6 other times I believe

Does it make the humming sound when he powers up?

He always makes the humming sound.

GojiDog
Interpol Agent

Postby GojiDog » Fri May 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Ghidorah doesn't do much walking period IIRC.

He's always either flying or standing menacingly. Aside from the charge at Godzilla seen in the trailers, I don't recall much forward movement from Ghidorah.

Also, I believe Mothra's theme was in the end credits.
Last edited by GojiDog on Fri May 24, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuShill17
Samurai

Postby KaijuShill17 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 pm

You know, I think I've noticed a pattern with the development of practically all of the new monsters.

Take Scylla for example: "what if we make a monster that looks like a giant ammonite, but with legs?"
Methuselah: "what if we make a monster that looks like a mountain, but with legs?"
Behemoth: "what if we make a monster that looks like a mammoth, but it has gorilla legs?"
MUTO: "what if we make a monster that looks like a staple-remover, but with legs?"
Skull Crawler: "what if we make a monster that looks like a monitor, but with only two legs?"

I think it's most noticeable with Scylla. I'm seriously wondering what the design team was thinking when they decided to created a leggy ammonite titan. It's not bad at all, I love his/her design, it's just kinda...odd.

Everybody gangsta 'till the ammonite starts walkin'.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Fri May 24, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?

No but altogether in the movie twice in Antarctica and 6 other times I believe

Does it make the humming sound when he powers up?

Yeah it's the same effect from 2014
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Postby Can of Conspiracy » Sat May 25, 2019 2:39 am

Did any of those alleged practical effects make it into the final cut?

The ADI staff is included in the end credits, but only for "Conceptual Creature Design."
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Sat May 25, 2019 2:57 am

GojiDog wrote:Ghidorah doesn't do much walking period IIRC.

Ghidorah: What is this “walk-ing” you speak of peasant?

Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier

Postby Pkmatrix » Sat May 25, 2019 3:33 am

batzilla wrote:What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?

The Blue Oyster Cult cover during the first batch of credits, with the news clipping montage. Then Godzilla Main Title and Mothra's Song for the rest. There MAY have been one more after that, but I don't quite remember - Mothra's song I remember very distinctly, because I kept expecting the lyrics to kick in but it was just an instrumental version. XD

Can of Conspiracy wrote:Did any of those alleged practical effects make it into the final cut?

The ADI staff is included in the end credits, but only for "Conceptual Creature Design."

Honestly, I couldn't tell? Maybe?

Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier

Postby Pkmatrix » Sat May 25, 2019 3:57 am

Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)

American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby American Godzilla » Sat May 25, 2019 4:26 am

I've heard that Ghidorah has regenerative powers. How does this (plus Ghidorah's armored hide/durability) handle Godzilla blue Atomic Breath? Does Ghidorah not take any damage from it?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Sat May 25, 2019 5:12 am

Pkmatrix wrote:Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)

That was Asher that got shot
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier

Postby Pkmatrix » Sat May 25, 2019 5:17 am

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)

That was Asher that got shot

Ah, okay! I'm going to pay closer attention to that part next time. :)

Godzillanime
Ronin

Postby Godzillanime » Sat May 25, 2019 5:21 am

Man in order to beat this Ghidorah,the Heisei Godzilla needs to atleast bombard him with Spiral Rays to the point where he cannot regenerate.
Can't wait for the moment where Godjiller fights with Gonorrhea.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Sat May 25, 2019 5:40 am

Godzillanime wrote:Man in order to beat this Ghidorah,the Heisei Godzilla needs to atleast bombard him with Spiral Rays to the point where he cannot regenerate.

Maybe but nucleur pulsing him to oblivion is certainly more badass :D

Olzh26
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Olzh26 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:14 am

what new was said about nature, biology and behavior of Godzilla?

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Sat May 25, 2019 6:31 am

American Godzilla wrote:I've heard that Ghidorah has regenerative powers. How does this (plus Ghidorah's armored hide/durability) handle Godzilla blue Atomic Breath? Does Ghidorah not take any damage from it?

Ghidorah is durable enough to not take any damage from Godzilla's atomic breath. He gets pushed back or knocked over when he's caught off guard, but he takes no real damage.

The only time Ghidorah uses his regenerative powers is when he re-grows his head, other than that he pretty much never gets injured until Fire Godzilla comes on scene. And Fire Godzilla is so powerful that Ghidorah is literally obliterated and doesn't even get a chance to regenerate.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 am

I didn't realise this till know but this Ghidorah is a trend breaker. While maybe not a full on trop for the character, Ghidorah's middle head getting beaten/blown off has been the point where he's pretty much beaten in a fight. From Destroy All Monsters to Final Wars.

Legendary Ghidorah is like "LOL, NOPE!"

Now that reminds me, what is the regenaration like? Is it like the gif above or these examples?

fake
Yin-Yang Master

Postby fake » Sat May 25, 2019 7:00 am

Monster X wrote:I didn't realise this till know but this Ghidorah is a trend breaker. While maybe not a full on trop for the character, Ghidorah's middle head getting beaten/blown off has been the point where he's pretty much beaten in a fight. From Destroy All Monsters to Final Wars.

Legendary Ghidorah is like "LOL, NOPE!"

Now that reminds me, what is the regenaration like? Is it like the gif above or these examples?

More like the toe thing you posted. The head builds from a srump

Jaqua92
Yojimbo

Postby Jaqua92 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:18 am

Handful of bad reviews on YouTube now. Alex Madden thought the first was better

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”