Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 pm

gottatalktothefake wrote:Honestly, given how "dumb fun" movies tend to score in the 70's (See Jurassic World and PR1 for examples) I'd expect round the same

Yeah, that's pretty much correct. Simple story, great visuals and fun action. And the story isn't Rampage-level dumb nor is it falling apart like BvS.

GhidorahLives
Ronin

Postby GhidorahLives » Fri May 24, 2019 7:11 pm

For the folks that have seen KOTM. When I looked closely at the final trailer (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) it looked like there was a scene in which Ghidorah is bringing Godzilla to the upper atmosphere but it looked to me liked Godzilla whiped him with his tail and then Ghidorah dropped him. Maybe what I saw was not that scene, but does Ghidorah purposely drop Godzilla or does Godzilla do something that causes Ghidorah to drop him?

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 7:20 pm

GhidorahLives wrote:For the folks that have seen KOTM. When I looked closely at the final trailer (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) it looked like there was a scene in which Ghidorah is bringing Godzilla to the upper atmosphere but it looked to me liked Godzilla whiped him with his tail and then Ghidorah dropped him. Maybe what I saw was not that scene, but does Ghidorah purposely drop Godzilla or does Godzilla do something that causes Ghidorah to drop him?

The tail slap is from when they fight on the ground.

Ghidorah purposefully drops Godzilla, he doesn't let go because Godzilla fights him or anything. It's because Godzilla is already unconscious by the time they reach the upper atmosphere, because Ghidorah strangled him with his tails.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Postby Troyal1 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:24 pm

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does Mothra get a epic entrance in Boston?
And also how much of Mothra on Rodan action to we actually get?
Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri May 24, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Troyal1 wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, but does Mothra get a epic entrance in Boston?

Yes Mothra dives bombs towards Ghidorah
about 2 mins worths but it's fast paced and exciting
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Troyal1 wrote:Sorry if this has already been asked, but does Mothra get a epic entrance in Boston?

Mothra literally explodes out of the sky, punching a hole in the clouds accompanied by a ray of light. It's pretty epic.

After Mothra gets intercepted by Rodan and they face each other, most of the fighting is done in the background. But we get a close-up uninterrupted action sequence when Mothra struggles against Rodan trying to kill her, leading up to the stinger scene.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scandisk_
Ronin

Postby scandisk_ » Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi guys, newbie here.

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla (like it's not even close), but in the trailers they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!
Last edited by scandisk_ on Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 7:30 pm

scandisk_ wrote:Hi guys, newbie here.

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla, but in the movie they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!

Ghidorah's a little taller but not by much
And they're pretty even in strength was a slight edge towards Ghidorah on land and Godzilla in the ocean
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Fri May 24, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 pm

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla, but in the movie they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!

And they're pretty even in strength was a slight edge towards Ghidorah on land and Godzilla in the ocean

Ghidorah has an edge over Godzilla with his rapid healing ability.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Postby Troyal1 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Hahah much appreciated guys! Sounds amazing,

Also can’t believe I just watched the end credits scene lol.

I’ve been away from this site for a bit. Can I ask how you guys were able to watch it so early?

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 pm

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla (like it's not even close), but in the trailers they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!

He doesn't tower over Godzilla. Ghidorah is bigger but not much of a drastic size difference. But when he strikes a pose he looks much bigger cause he's taller and has those humongous wings.

Added in 40 seconds:
Troyal1 wrote:Hahah much appreciated guys! Sounds amazing,

I’ve been away from this site for a bit. Can I ask how you guys were able to watch it so early?

There were two preview screenings in my country, once in regular format, once in 4D screen X.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 7:38 pm

It was an AMC Stubs Premiere Free Screening I found it online

scandisk_
Ronin

Postby scandisk_ » Fri May 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Appreciate the quick replies, guys.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Fri May 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!

Would you care to elaborate? Would you explain the Godzilla Mexico battle, how does he fight in the water?

How much of rodan do we see in Washington DC
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!

Would you care to elaborate? Would you explain the Godzilla Mexico battle, how does he fight in the water?

King Ghidorah chases after the Argo but before he can get them Godzilla jumps out of the ocean and tackles Ghidorah kinda brief but Godzilla does bite of one the necks before the Oxygen. Destroyer hits
Pretty much what you saw in the Comic Con trailer it's very brief shame though

Cryptid_Liker
Samurai

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Fri May 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Fri May 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!

Pretty much how a crocodile would snatch its prey and try to hold it down underwater. In this case Godzilla is the crocodile and Ghidorah is the prey, and the fight itself, brief as it is, is mostly thrashing, struggling and water splashing. Ghidorah tries to escape from Godzilla's clutches and he snaps at the fleeing Argo, but Godzilla is able to suppress him. At one point Godzilla bites down on Ghidorah's neck and uses both hands to tear one of his heads off.

Ghidorah's movements are slightly restricted underwater while Godzilla is faster. On the land it's the opposite. Ghidorah is much faster than Godzilla which allows him to evade Godzilla's attacks and get more hits on him. In the Boston battle the two are pretty even.

We only see Rodan briefly attacking the air force led by the Argo when they try to attack Ghidorah.

Added in 48 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?

No, at least from what we can see onscreen. The fight is largely underwater and physical struggling.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Futurian

Postby Godzilla2000Zero » Fri May 24, 2019 8:03 pm

No but altogether in the movie twice in Antarctica and 6 other times I believe

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

It was an AMC Stubs Premiere Free Screening I found it online

Same!

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Postby Troyal1 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:11 pm

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

No but altogether in the movie twice in Antarctica and 6 other times I believe

Does it make the humming sound when he powers up?

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”