Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by LockBite »

Dv-218 wrote:
LockBite wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Uh yeah, but if Ghidorah wasn't killed he would have manipulated the Titans to his own will to help him with his terraforming goals.
That’s extremely disappointing :| . They should’ve had the Titans start waking up randomly and then Ghidorah makes them evil. Otherwise it’s arguably a good thing that Emma broke out Ghidorah.

Seems like the only moral takeaway from this movie is that you don’t skreeonk with Godzilla :?
I mean, you do realize that he specifically woke them up to control so they could indirectly "help" him terraform the environment, right? If he wasn't killed by Godzilla, he would have continued to do so and skreeonked up the entire planet. In retrospect, waking up the other titans WOULD have been a good thing- but waking up Ghidorah isn't. The moral is pretty clear here, don't mess up with the natural balance and be at harmony with it.
But the implication is that Ghidorah was the only thing that could’ve woken up these Titans, unless mentioned otherwise in the film (hopefully it is). So this aspect of waking up Ghidorah was a good thing.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LockBite wrote:[That’s extremely disappointing :| . They should’ve had the Titans start waking up randomly and then Ghidorah makes them evil. Otherwise it’s arguably a good thing that Emma broke out Ghidorah.
This is some bizarre logic.

Ultimately yes, the awakening of the Titans turns out to be a good thing for the environment. However, because they woke up Ghidorah rather than a more cautious approach (awakening them one by one, trying to do studies or take measures to mitigate risks beforehand) a massive global rampage breaks out that kills millions of people worldwide and very nearly results in the very mass extinction event Emma wanted so badly to avoid

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
LockBite wrote:But the implication is that Ghidorah was the only thing that could’ve woken up these Titans, unless mentioned otherwise in the film (hopefully it is). So this aspect of waking up Ghidorah was a good thing.
The ORCA could have woken them up, it’s what was used to wake up Rodan (I think)
Last edited by G2000 on Sun May 26, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

G2000 wrote:
LockBite wrote:[That’s extremely disappointing :| . They should’ve had the Titans start waking up randomly and then Ghidorah makes them evil. Otherwise it’s arguably a good thing that Emma broke out Ghidorah.

Ultimately yes, the awakening of the Titans turns out to be a good thing for the environment. However, because they woke up Ghidorah rather than a more cautious approach (awakening them one by one, trying to do studies or take measures to mitigate risks beforehand) a massive global rampage breaks out that kills millions of people worldwide and very nearly results in the very mass extinction event Emma wanted so badly to avoid

LockBite wrote:But the implication is that Ghidorah was the only thing that could’ve woken up these Titans, unless mentioned otherwise in the film (hopefully it is). So this aspect of waking up Ghidorah was a good thing.
The ORCA could have woken them up, it’s what was used to wake up Ghidorah and Rodan in the first place
That’s actually a very good point and highlights how arrogant these people were. Rather then try to awaken the less imposing Titans to test how things would go, they instead jump to the one that’s bigger then the most powerful known creature on earth.

What sound logic.
Last edited by Monster X on Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Monster X wrote:
G2000 wrote:

The ORCA could have woken them up, it’s what was used to wake up Ghidorah and Rodan in the first place
That’s actually a very good point and highlights how arrogant these people were. Rather then try to awaken the less imposing Titans to test how things would go, they instead jump to the one that’s bigger then the most powerful known creature on earth.

What sound logic.
Percisely. It's another case of human arrogance causing them to mess with stuff that they don't fully understand in a chaotic and incoherent manner, and as a result they nearly pay the price. Sure worked well lmao.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

Havoks wrote: Ewwwwwwwwwwww
Never thought I'd see this exclamation in this forum.

indieskywalker
Ronin

Post by indieskywalker »

One more thing to ask the test screeners who have seen the movie.

I watched the transformers fight scenes. They were cool but a little messy. Are the fights in KOTM also messy? I don’t mind some of the cutaways but I wasn’t too fond of how “all over the place” the transformers battles were.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Thunderbird wrote:
Havoks wrote: Ewwwwwwwwwwww
Never thought I'd see this exclamation in this forum.
Just for you Thunder ;)
:terrestris:

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

indieskywalker wrote:One more thing to ask the test screeners who have seen the movie.

I watched the transformers fight scenes. They were cool but a little messy. Are the fights in KOTM also messy? I don’t mind some of the cutaways but I wasn’t too fond of how “all over the place” the transformers battles were.
It's not as chaotic as those are
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
indieskywalker wrote:One more thing to ask the test screeners who have seen the movie.

I’ve heard that there’s a prior battle that is better than the final battle according to a small minority. Is this true in your opinion? What are your thoughts on the final battle?
Long Live The King

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Dv-218 wrote:Yeah. He basically turns out to be the anti-thesis to everything Vera and the other eco-terrorists hoped to achieve and it's glorious. Gotta love cruel irony like this.
Too be clear Ghidorah achieved Charles Dance's goals he was perfectly fine with humanity going extinct as he said in the film Ghidorah was making there plans go better than expected.

Added in 5 minutes 52 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

I’ve heard that there’s a prior battle that is better than the final battle according to a small minority. Is this true in your opinion? What are your thoughts on the final battle?
The final battle is the best one just my only nitpick was that the pacing needed to be slower and the same can be said for all the fight scenes but that aside I enjoyed it made you feel like there especially with the human characters running around with the monsters are fighting in the background and it really help that you actually care about the characters this time at least for me anyway

Added in 12 minutes 56 seconds:
Monster X wrote:
Ben Shapiro wrote:Does Mothra use her GodRays as a weapon during any scenes?
I asked this earlier and apparently no she doesn’t. Her god rays are pretty much just spotlights. She uses them to tell the humans were Godzilla is after the Mexico battle. They never mention her using them to defend herself in battle.
The god rays are just a way for Mothra to communicate at least in the movie but I'm it would be useful for combat certainly would have helped her fight Rodan

Added in 2 minutes 59 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Do we see Methuselah or Scylla destroy anything?
If Scylla is the giant spider then it destroys a building with it's long legs that about it I haven't identified every Titan yet
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
If Scylla is the giant spider then it destroys a building with it's long legs that about it I haven't identified every Titan yet
Scylla is the spider. Does the mountain titan (Methuselah) do anything other than emerge from the ground?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Scylla is the spider. Does the mountain titan (Methuselah) do anything other than emerge from the ground?
Not that I recall but they did a brief montage of new reports about the Titans attacking where you clearly see Behemoth, the new Muto and Scylla attacking among other that you get quick not so clear glimpses of otherd so the Mountain Titan may be among them.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Is it footage of them destroying things or just still images ?
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Ben Shapiro wrote:Is it footage of them destroying things or just still images ?
Split second footage

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote: Not that I recall but they did a brief montage of new reports about the Titans attacking where you clearly see Behemoth, the new Muto and Scylla attacking among other that you get quick not so clear glimpses of otherd so the Mountain Titan may be among them.
What are the colors for the new Titans?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote: Not that I recall but they did a brief montage of new reports about the Titans attacking where you clearly see Behemoth, the new Muto and Scylla attacking among other that you get quick not so clear glimpses of otherd so the Mountain Titan may be among them.
Scylla's black and Behemoth is brown with some green patches

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Nice! Do we see the new MUTO's coloration too?

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Nice! Do we see the new MUTO's coloration too?
Similar but probably a little more brown compared to the 2014 ones

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Just to be clear, the ecoterrorists and Dr Russel had different objectives in mind while awakening the Titans. Dr Russel believed that the titans would be peaceful in nature, or at least they could use the ORCA to pacify them so that they would restore the environment without attacking humanity. The government wasn't getting convinced by this and they wanted to kill the titans (probably with the Oxygen Destroyer or nukes) before they woke up, so they were running out of time and she had to take drastic measures. But Ghidorah waking the titans all at once and controlling them to destroy human civilization was definitely not what she had in mind.

Jonah however wanted very much for the titans to destroy humanity, and he fooled Dr Russel into believing that they had the same objective. So he was surprised but also glad that Ghidorah was doing his job for him even better than expected. Dr Russel realizes this too late.

So nobody really knew what Ghidorah was truly capable of. Both Jonah and Dr Russel believed that the ORCA was the only way of controlling the titans when in reality, Ghidorah's ability was even more powerful.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sun May 26, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Vandarker wrote:Just to be clear, the ecoterrorists and Dr Russel had different objectives in mind while awakening the Titans. Dr Russel believed that the titans would be peaceful in nature, or at least they could use the ORCA to pacify them so that they would restore the environment without attacking humanity. The government wasn't getting convinced by this and they wanted to kill the titans (probably with the Oxygen Destroyer or nukes) before they woke up, so they were running out of time and she had to take drastic measures. But Ghidorah waking the titans all at once and controlling them to destroy human civilization was definitely not what she had in mind.

Jonah however wanted very much for the titans to destroy humanity, and he fooled Dr Russel into believing that they had the same objective. So he was surprised but also glad that Ghidorah was doing his job for him. Dr Russel realizes this too late.

So nobody really knew what Ghidorah was truly capable of. Both Jonah and Dr Russel believed that the ORCA was the only way of controlling the titans when in reality, Ghidorah's ability was even more powerful.
That makes more sense..... But I still must ask:
If MONARCH knew what Ghidorah was capable of and that he would be basically the Devil Incarnate, why wouldn't Dr. Russel know that as well? Especially since she worked with MONARCH in the past? I mean, did NONE of her coworkers tell her about this demonic 3 headed dragon and tell her "don't free him or he'll destroy the world"?