Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by miguelnuva »

Leaked plot is picking up momentum, looks like at least 6 Titans on the monarch site.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ebirah_scampi wrote:Okay someone on Reddit found the crimson level photos and the one for Mothra looks much more like the classic design.
All I've seen is the very traditional style painting and that sketch that looks like a cicada. Got a link or something?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Maritonic wrote:
ebirah_scampi wrote:Okay someone on Reddit found the crimson level photos and the one for Mothra looks much more like the classic design.
All I've seen is the very traditional style painting and that sketch that looks like a cicada. Got a link or something?
Spoiler:
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

miguelnuva wrote:Leaked plot is picking up momentum, looks like at least 6 Titans on the monarch site.
Dougherty said forever ago that there'd be other monsters. And again, the plot leak says Mothra starts out in her egg in the movie, but both the Monarch Timeline and the website say that she's currently in her cocoon.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KillCrites wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Spoiler:
hmmm. This doesn't really help much. It's not her wings that worry me, it's her body and legs that look very cicada like in the cave painting. Granted, have to see the actual creature on screen to really be the judge.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

SDCC 2018 is going to be fun regarding Godzilla!
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Maritonic wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Spoiler:
hmmm. This doesn't really help much. It's not her wings that worry me, it's her body and legs that look very cicada like in the cave painting. Granted, have to see the actual creature on screen to really be the judge.
I think it looks less like a cicada, and more like a shrimp.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Leaked plot is picking up momentum, looks like at least 6 Titans on the monarch site.
Dougherty said forever ago that there'd be other monsters. And again, the plot leak says Mothra starts out in her egg in the movie, but both the Monarch Timeline and the website say that she's currently in her cocoon.
I would not be shocked if he got egg and cocoon mixed up. I’m not trying to damage control for him or anything I’m just saying I could see him messing stuff like this up with how poor his post is over all.

Although there was another plot synopsis i read about 2-3 weeks ago that DID mention her in the cocoon. I really hope to god that is not the one vieweranon means because it sounds really bad imo. But plausible considering a few things they bring up.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Troyal1 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Considering the guys description of the final fight was so poor I would not be shocked if he got egg and cocoon mixed up. I’m not trying to damage control for him or anything I’m just saying I could see him messing stuff like this up.
Well he specifically mentions Mothra being in her larval state before getting all freaked out and making a cocoon under a waterfall.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Dougherty said forever ago that there'd be other monsters. And again, the plot leak says Mothra starts out in her egg in the movie, but both the Monarch Timeline and the website say that she's currently in her cocoon.
Considering the guys description of the final fight was so poor I would not be shocked if he got egg and cocoon mixed up. I’m not trying to damage control for him or anything I’m just saying I could see him messing stuff like this up.
Well he specifically mentions Mothra being in her larval state before getting all freaked out and making a cocoon under a waterfall.
You are right that it is a big mark against the leak. Unless she has two cocoons for some reason. Hmmm. Hoping the other is not true.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Troyal1 wrote:

Although there was another plot synopsis i read about 2-3 weeks ago that DID mention her in the cocoon. I really hope to god that is not the one vieweranon means because it sounds really bad imo. But plausible considering a few things they bring up.
Which plot are you referencing? The one where Ghidorah is in Antarctica for the entire film or the one where there are supposedly dorat like creatures that suck on the blood of Ghidorah? :lol:
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Troyal1 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
You are right that it is a big mark against the leak. Unless she has two cocoons for some reason. Hmmm. Hoping the other is not true.
Well we know the older one isn't true because it says nothing about Vera Farmiga and MBB's characters being kidnapped.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dr. Professor wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Well he specifically mentions Mothra being in her larval state before getting all freaked out and making a cocoon under a waterfall.
Well we know the older one isn't true because it says nothing about Vera Farmiga and MBB's characters being kidnapped.
And how do you know Vera and Millie get kidnapped? Another unconfirmed leak?

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
That was stated by Mike Dougherty in the Entertainment Weekly article
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Moogabunga wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Well we know the older one isn't true because it says nothing about Vera Farmiga and MBB's characters being kidnapped.
That was stated by Mike Dougherty in the Entertainment Weekly article
Thanks for clarification.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

"Rodan’s been kind of a sidekick character, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him. In a lot of ways he’s more powerful than Godzilla. He’s like this winged A-bomb. I think we’ve done him justice.”

I find myself agree with this. When they first battled Rodan proved to be a solid match for Godzilla, being practically immune to his atomic breath and having superior mobility. Also Rodan's potential for destruction is superior simple because he can lay waste to large areas just by flying around.

Thats not to down play the big G, but of the original 4, Rodan never really kept pace with the other three and found himself lumped in with the B listers.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Best case scenario for the leak being true imo.

Guy knew a guy who knew a guy who saw it. Got pics of tickets and got some rough details right.

And everyone else is trolling or misinformed such as vieweranon.

Also thank goodness the kidnap thing disproves the other one... I hope.
Last edited by Troyal1 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Monster X wrote:"Rodan’s been kind of a sidekick character, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him. In a lot of ways he’s more powerful than Godzilla. He’s like this winged A-bomb. I think we’ve done him justice.”

I find myself agree with this. When they first battled Rodan proved to be a solid match for Godzilla, being practically immune to his atomic breath and having superior mobility. Also Rodan's potential for destruction is superior simple because he can lay waste to large areas just by flying around.

Thats not to down play the big G, but of the original 4, Rodan never really kept pace with the other three and found himself lumped in with the B listers.
I'm pretty sure every single person on this forum agrees with this, bud. This was the best thing Dougherty said in the entire article.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Maritonic wrote:
Monster X wrote:"Rodan’s been kind of a sidekick character, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him. In a lot of ways he’s more powerful than Godzilla. He’s like this winged A-bomb. I think we’ve done him justice.”

I'm pretty sure every single person on this forum agrees with this, bud. This was the best thing Dougherty said in the entire article.
I think so too. I always really liked Rodan