Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

Post by Moogabunga »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:New VFX Breakdown

Godzilla's lair/city underwater looks phenomenal...too bad you can barely see any of it

That thumbnail is such a goddamn shame to look at. All that skin detail on Godzilla whisked away by awful dust, lighting, and color blending.
Yep. looking at Godzila's original model, it looks so beautiful...and they continuously hide it. By the far the most frustrating thing about the Monsterverse (and I love the Monsterverse)

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

There's also this one from MPC.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Time to add another $3,601,581 to KoTM’s box office total
https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comm ... ame=iossmf

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
Correct me if I converted the amount wrong

Added in 2 minutes 36 seconds:
Jk I was waaay off :shock: lol. Only around $36000 lol. But hey, third place in the box office in Brazil
Last edited by Nani on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The same guy that released all of those KotM scenes without any background music has now apparently found some hidden music after playing with the audio channels.

Sounds like an eerie sample of Ghidorah's theme. I like it, honestly.

#BotM

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Moogabunga wrote:Another VFX breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlWywv1 ... dex=2&t=0s
There are so many layers, that I'm left wondering if perhaps they should have taken away a couple to maintain all of those awesome details that were sadly hidden in the final cut, especially in the underwater domain of Godzilla. I totally understand that it is deep down in the depths of the ocean, and not too much light really passes through an area like that, but it still would've been pretty cool to see all of that painstaking detail and cool stuff a little better, as well as Godzilla himself.

I still very much enjoy how the final product looks, but it is a bit of a shame to look at some of these breakdowns and find a lot of various elements kind of cast in shadow.

#BotM

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

An old fake plot I rediscovered ended up having some big similarities to the final film.
Spoiler:
her [Mothra's] eyes are very expression felt
Mothra has eyelids in KOTM. You can see this most in her final scene when she swoops towards Ghidorah.
>King Ghidorah is described as being the most intelligent monster we've seen in the Monsterverse, powerful, cunning and scary.
>KG is the "Monster" villain of the movie, being able to hold it's own against Godzilla.
Ghidorah exhibits both of the traits mentioned here.
>Is very large and is taller than Godzilla, wings can be used as pseudo arms when needed and to walk easier on the ground.
Ghidorah wingwalks multiple times and stands almost 200 feet taller than Godzilla when he does stand upright.
>Each of the heads act differently and have a mind of their own
The fandom has milked Kevin so much it's not even funny.
The Middle head is the "leader", it's very violent, using head movements to give orders and often snaps at the the other heads.
Literally Ichi.
The next scene takes place in Mexico where civilians are being evacuated due to a "MUTO Attack"(Rodan).
Although this doesn't happen right after Mothra awakens, Rodan does awaken and cause an evacuation.
KG's introduction is an act of sabotage and was a plan to release the monster from the start.
Jonah and his troops deliberately awaken Ghidorah to bring a second Age of Titans.
Rodan and Mothra have a quick battle, resulting in Rodan crashing through a skyscraper
Rodan crashed into Mothra, not a skyscraper but other than that, this is accurate.
Dr. Serizawa regrettably reveals plans for an anti MUTO "super weapon" that is guaranteed to kill anything exposed to it within a certain range.
It's Admiral Stenz who reveals the OD, not Serizawa but it's the same principle, basically.
>Godzilla is lifted up by KG and dropped from the sky, causing him to be temporary in shock and unable to move. Mothra sacrifices herself in this scene to save Godzilla, leading KG away long enough for Godzilla to recover.
Replace Mothra with Emma when it comes to leading Ghidorah away and you literally have KOTM.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Man, this movie was spoiled eons before its release...

I'm still kind of salty about that. Maybe it's for the better, though. Thanks to accidentally reading the "lol, -------- fake fan leaks" that turned out to be legit, I was able to mentally prepare myself for bullshit like the Oxygen Destroyer, Gigan! Rodan, the monster bowing, Serizawa setting off a nuke, Godzilla eating Ghidorah, etc. By the time the movie came out I had sort of come to terms with those shitty details (and my own salt at having my most anticipated movie of all time completely spoiled a year before release). I was able to kinda enjoy it more, in a way.

Despite how salty I STILL am about getting spoiled, I guess if it wasn't for me being warned early on I'd have probably HATED KotM. So the leaks served their purpose, in a way. When you know a film is going to be crap a full year before release it turns out you kinda enjoy the movie for what it is. :shrug:
Last edited by Spuro on Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Man, this movie was spoiled eons before its release...

I'm still kind of salty about that. Maybe it's for the better, though. Thanks to accidentally reading the "lol, -------- fake fan leaks" that turned out to be legit, I was able to mentally prepare myself for bullshit like the Oxygen Destroyer, Gigan! Rodan, the monster bowing, Serizawa setting off a nuke, Godzilla eating Ghidorah, etc. By the time the movie came out I had sort of come to terms with those shitty details (and my own salt at having my most anticipated movie of all time completely spoiled a year before release). I was able to kinda enjoy it more, in a way.

Despite how salty I STILL am about getting spoiled, I guess if it wasn't for me being warned early on I'd have probably HATED KotM. So the leaks served their purpose, in a way. When you know a film is going to be crap a full year before release it turns out you kinda enjoy the movie for what it is. :shrug:
>the fantastic bowing ending, the Ghidorah’s death, Rodan being the coward he has always been since the Showa era, the sacrifice of Serizawa
>they are bullshit
Choose one :lol:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I still remember when Snowden was here talking about the old script and everyone screaming at him acting like he was ruining their very being for saying the things he did.

The whole time he turned out to be right
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:I still remember when Snowden was here talking about the old script and everyone screaming at him acting like he was ruining their very being for saying the things he did.

Only true OGs remember the Snorkel Muto.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I still remember when Snowden was here talking about the old script and everyone screaming at him acting like he was ruining their very being for saying the things he did.

oh yes the Snorkel Muto. I remember when he said Godzilla was going to be 600 feet tall and someone legit cussed him out saying that he's just desperate for attention and he is ruining TK. lol
SpaceG92 wrote:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

oh yes the Snorkel Muto. I remember when he said Godzilla was going to be 600 feet tall and someone legit cussed him out saying that he's just desperate for attention and he is ruining TK. lol
Then we he was found out true people got him banned.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
True people?
SpaceG92 wrote:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
True people?
When he was found out to be true, people got him banned.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
True people?
When he was found out to be true, people got him banned.
Thanks Ultramangoji, I butchered that.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Ah, no worries. I got what ya meant!

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Sounds like a peculiar fellow

Any tl;dr possible?
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Any tl;dr possible?
Snowden showed up one day saying he had an old version of the script. Naturally people started asking for evidence and he wasn't giving it and the people started attacking him (I remember Lain of the Wired being particularly belligerent) he fought back and was subsequently banned by Jomei. It was a frustrating situation as he came in nice and calm and I wanted to hear more about the script. But TK is TK sometimes.

Luckily he went over to Monsterzero forums (RIP) and was recieved in a much more mature manner and revealed a lot from the script that turned out to be true.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Godzilla21 wrote:
ManuJM1997 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:

Any tl;dr possible?
Snowden showed up one day saying he had an old version of the script. Naturally people started asking for evidence and he wasn't giving it and the people started attacking him (I remember Lain of the Wired being particularly belligerent) he fought back and was subsequently banned by Jomei. It was a frustrating situation as he came in nice and calm and I wanted to hear more about the script. But TK is TK sometimes.

Luckily he went over to Monsterzero forums (RIP) and was recieved in a much more mature manner and revealed a lot from the script that turned out to be true.
Damn, makes me hate myself for not having been for stuff like this.

Are the convs still acceseable?
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home