Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Cookson wrote:Man it sucks KotM lost its momentum leading up to release. The trailers were so good.. I was watching reactions to said trailers... the hype WAS there. Damn.
People don’t realize how much Avengers: Endgame sucked the hype from everything too. Look what happened to Detective Pikachu

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:
Cookson wrote:Man it sucks KotM lost its momentum leading up to release. The trailers were so good.. I was watching reactions to said trailers... the hype WAS there. Damn.
People don’t realize how much Avengers: Endgame sucked the hype from everything too. Look what happened to Detective Pikachu
Can confirm, I saw all 3 in theaters and after Endgame building up the motivation for Detective Pikachu a week later was rough. On a positive note though, remember when it was originally going to come out in May? Bad as everything not Disney had it, trying to fight Endgame would have been a massacre.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:
On a positive note though, remember when it was originally going to come out in May? Bad as everything not Disney had it, trying to fight Endgame would have been a massacre.
Ummmm...

G-Force Personnel

Moogabunga wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote: People don’t realize how much Avengers: Endgame sucked the hype from everything too. Look what happened to Detective Pikachu
On a positive note though, remember when it was originally going to come out in May? Bad as everything not Disney had it, trying to fight Endgame would have been a massacre.
Ummmm...
I meant more than it already was.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Moogabunga wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:On a positive note though, remember when it was originally going to come out in May? Bad as everything not Disney had it, trying to fight Endgame would have been a massacre.
Ummmm...
I think the "Ummm" was noting that the movie *did* come out in May. May 31, but still...
In my opinion, of course.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

HannibalBarca wrote:
Moogabunga wrote:Ummmm...
I think the "Ummm" was noting that the movie *did* come out in May. May 31, but still...
Yes it was lol

G-Force Personnel

Moogabunga wrote:
HannibalBarca wrote:
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote:I meant more than it already was.
Yes it was lol
OH! I was talking about Endgame's original release date.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Moogabunga wrote:
HannibalBarca wrote: I think the "Ummm" was noting that the movie *did* come out in May. May 31, but still...
Yes it was lol
OH! I was talking about Endgame's original release date.
Ahhh! That makes more sense :lol:

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

It’s awesome how many of my friends I’ve had message me telling me how much they enjoyed KOTM...especially when they’re not into movies like this. Better late than never!

People on the internet can say what they want but honestly people on the internet seem to hate just about anything
Last edited by gridiron_kaiju on Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Story boards of the unfilmed post credits scene of twins singing to Mothra egg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCNzV0PgskK ... _copy_link

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Moogabunga wrote:Story boards of the unfilmed post credits scene of twins singing to Mothra egg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCNzV0PgskK ... _copy_link
That would have been so much better than the scene we got. Nothing against the Ghidorah head, but the Mothra egg would have been more satisfying to fans. Not sure how the general audience would feel.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:It’s awesome how many of my friends I’ve had message me telling me how much they enjoyed KOTM...especially when they’re not into movies like this. Better late than never!

People on the internet can say what they want but honestly people on the internet seem to hate just about anything
I have a lot of issues with the film but everyone I know who isn't a hardcore fan that's seen it loved it too. That's definitely a good thing.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Major sssspielberg! wrote:
gridiron_kaiju wrote:It’s awesome how many of my friends I’ve had message me telling me how much they enjoyed KOTM...especially when they’re not into movies like this. Better late than never!

I have a lot of issues with the film but everyone I know who isn't a hardcore fan that's seen it loved it too. That's definitely a good thing.
I saw it 3 times in theaters. The first was with family (who all loved it, especially my dad. Burning Godzilla I think was his favorite part) and the latter two were with friends. Basically everyone I saw the movie with loved it.

I remember the third time I was seeing it with a friend who was going into the Army the next month, and he got all giddy when Godzilla showed up in Boston with the military. He said "I've never felt more manly in my life"

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just found this image of the titans' skulls. 100% unofficial but still, it's pretty good...
...except for Mothra, who shouldn't have eyes or antennae included in her "skull", and Ghidorah, who just looks like himself but with no eyes.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Love Pachyderm Kaiju.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Just found this image of the titans' skulls. 100% unofficial but still, it's pretty good...
...except for Mothra, who shouldn't have eyes or antennae included in her "skull", and Ghidorah, who just looks like himself but with no eyes.
This just made me realize i have to resculpt like 25% of my custom Behemoth figures head. why does his head shape have to be so complicated :lol:, i completely missed that 2nd bigass lump behind his head.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Italian G-Fan
Interpol Agent

Post by Italian G-Fan »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCW3YWVA9yy ... n3a7vxr8x6
Some deleted scenes from the test footage. A shame these scenes were cut. I would have liked to see them in the actual movie.

Nani
Interpol Agent

Post by Nani »

Italian G-Fan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CCW3YWVA9yy ... n3a7vxr8x6
Some deleted scenes from the test footage. A shame these scenes were cut. I would have liked to see them in the actual movie.
That was such a unique choreography in that test footage in Antarctica, shame that wasn’t in

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know, i hate to sound like a broken record, but i'm seriously upset that the Antarctica fight had one really memorable moment (Godzilla slamming Ghidorah's heads into the ice) and another moment similar was cut and made it more boring.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What if Ghidorah actually bit that tail tip off, creating the rounded one we see later on?

By the way, I was hoping one of the previz scenes was the end where all the titans bow.