Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by KingKaiju »

All I wanna see is LegendaryGoji fighting TristarGoji... Just because we all know how that'd go. Beyond that... Meh, I don't like the 1998 film, so I don't watch it. I don't mind changes the character's look, but there are specific traits that Godzilla should have that Emmerich completely missed. We've all been through it a billion times, so no need to get into it. We've now had two good american-produced Godzilla films, with an accurate Godzilla. So it's all good.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKaiju wrote:All I wanna see is LegendaryGoji fighting TristarGoji... Just because we all know how that'd go. Beyond that... Meh, I don't like the 1998 film, so I don't watch it. I don't mind changes the character's look, but there are specific traits that Godzilla should have that Emmerich completely missed. We've all been through it a billion times, so no need to get into it. We've now had two good american-produced Godzilla films, with an accurate Godzilla. So it's all good.
My thoughts exactly.

How much you wanna bet reviewers are gonna compare Godzilla vs Kong to G'1998? :roll:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Living Corpse wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:All I wanna see is LegendaryGoji fighting TristarGoji... Just because we all know how that'd go. Beyond that... Meh, I don't like the 1998 film, so I don't watch it. I don't mind changes the character's look, but there are specific traits that Godzilla should have that Emmerich completely missed. We've all been through it a billion times, so no need to get into it. We've now had two good american-produced Godzilla films, with an accurate Godzilla. So it's all good.
My thoughts exactly.

How much you wanna bet reviewers are gonna compare Godzilla vs Kong to G'1998? :roll:
Eh, it's expected at this point. People make a bigger deal than necessary. It's not even worth the time to go into it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

WW1984 doesn't come out till June its its already getting a trailer. Still no word on GvK.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:WW1984 doesn't come out till June its its already getting a trailer. Still no word on GvK.
WW isn't getting a trailer until December 8th, but yes WW will have a longer marketing campaign than GvK

Doesn't automatically mean anything positive or negative

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

November trailer for sure. Liking the Thanksgiving talk.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:WW1984 doesn't come out till June its its already getting a trailer. Still no word on GvK.

Wonder Woman's last film made 821$ million World Wide, Last Godzilla film made 385$ million.

You can see why Warner will spend a little more money on a character pretty much guaranteed to make money then one that might potentially break even?

We will probably get more news regarding the films trailer by early November.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

WW1984 was also set to be released in December this year before being delayed.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:

Wonder Woman's last film made 821$ million World Wide, Last Godzilla film made 385$ million.

You can see why Warner will spend a little more money on a character pretty much guaranteed to make money then one that might potentially break even?

We will probably get more news regarding the films trailer by early November.
Well it was either them or Legendary or both who were dumb to think the hype train from the trailers would last 10 months and move it up to compete with a bunch of movies including THE Marvel movie instead of just one Marvel movie.

Yeah I think their questionable way of marketing & releasing the movie had more to do with making less than they expected than the characters themselves.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Star Wars trailer just dropped last night. So hopefully that means Godzilla vs. Kong comes soon, to make sure that it didn't get pushed aside by Star Wars.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

KingKaiju wrote:Star Wars trailer just dropped last night. So hopefully that means Godzilla vs. Kong comes soon, to make sure that it didn't get pushed aside by Star Wars.
The new Bond trailer drops next, then it's GvK

*Talking about huge, anticipated trailers*
Last edited by Moogabunga on Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Allegedly ^
Yooo 8-)

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

KingKaiju wrote:Star Wars trailer just dropped last night. So hopefully that means Godzilla vs. Kong comes soon, to make sure that it didn't get pushed aside by Star Wars.
If this tweet is anything to go by, the trailer is definitely on its way (this guy works on trailers & I believe was the one to say it's coming soon along with SW & Bond)

https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor/statu ... 89472?s=19

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

dillonking55 wrote:
If this tweet is anything to go by, the trailer is definitely on its way (this guy works on trailers & I believe was the one to say it's coming soon along with SW & Bond)

https://twitter.com/ImAFilmEditor/statu ... 89472?s=19
Yup he was the one. Apparently Bond is holding off its trailer until much closer to Star Wars.

I’m predicting on any of these days in no particular order:

-Halloween
-the week of when Doctor Sleep comes out
-Thanksgiving
Yooo 8-)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

We could definitely get one with Dark Fate. It's the last huge tentpole before Star Wars drops. I doubt they'd wait till then (you never know though). There was also reportedly footage shown at an event a few weeks back though the description does sound a bit suspect so it could have been a hoax.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Star Wars trailer just uploaded,so GVK should be coming soonish.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Dark Fate. It's the last huge tentpole before Star Wars drops.
Pfft, Dark Fate isn't a huge tentpole.

*checks budget*

Wait, WHAT?!
In my opinion, of course.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

It’s starting to look like it’s gonna be the case for the trailer but I would’ve much rather have dropped the trailer before the worldwide phenomenon that is the Joker than a guaranteed flop in Dark Fate. Then again I guess nowadays everyone is watches movie trailers on YouTube.
Yooo 8-)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thanksgiving is looking more and more like the case tbh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I never thought of that possibility.