Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Maritonic »

Godzillian wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:
Again, crazy idea. Never said I hoped it would happen. Just throwing a dart at the wall based off what I have on hand.
"Kong is not the only King." Don't know why we need any more justification for calling him King. He's clearly "King" of Skull Island.

When it comes to his lightning powers, not sure why people want it at all, to be honest but to each his own.
People want it just because it was in the original, no other reason
Well, sure. But there was also trippy jungle juice in the original but no one seems to want that.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I don’t necessarily think Kong needs the lightning powers, but would love to see them because it is different and also add to Kong being more than a giant gorilla. Im starting agree with some others with Kong having to bring something new to the table other than physical force and intelligence. Because even that sounds a little underwhelming after the “Godzilla needing to power up in order to defeat the storm creating, kaiju commanding and fast regenerating King Ghidorah” in KOTM.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

I think people think Kong NEEDS lightning powers to be on par with super Godzilla and his army of misfit monsters.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Here's my theory for why the two fight. Godzilla being king after kotm decides that skull island will be the best place to have the Titans all in the same place. Kong gets pissed at the invasion and challanges Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Godzilla VS Kong

Civil War
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

miguelnuva wrote:Here's my theory for why the two fight. Godzilla being king after kotm decides that skull island will be the best place to have the Titans all in the same place. Kong gets pissed at the invasion and challanges Godzilla.
How does Godzilla know about Skull Island?
Why does Godzilla choose skull island?
How do the other titans know where it is?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Here's my theory for why the two fight. Godzilla being king after kotm decides that skull island will be the best place to have the Titans all in the same place. Kong gets pissed at the invasion and challanges Godzilla.
Godzilla has been swi.ing around the world for millions of years why wouldn't he know where skull island is.

Skull island is as a island that already contains superspeacies and titans and is concealed by a powerful storm system.

If Ghidorah can wake all the Titans in the world I'm sure their natural King can summon when he wants.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that after Ghidorah’s defeat, the storm engulfing Skull Island will begin to dwindle?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla has been swi.ing around the world for millions of years why wouldn't he know where skull island is.

Skull island is as a island that already contains superspeacies and titans and is concealed by a powerful storm system.

If Ghidorah can wake all the Titans in the world I'm sure their natural King can summon when he wants.
1. Actually hes been sleeping as confirmed by Godzilla awakening and the film
2. Why would that matter to Godzilla?
3. Not their natural king, If the leaks be true Godzilla becomes king by defeating Ghidorah in combat

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Godzillian wrote: How does Godzilla know about Skull Island?

3. Not their natural king, If the leaks be true Godzilla becomes king by defeating Ghidorah in combat
1. Godzilla awakens on and off during his 250 million years of life. If the Godzilla tracker is any sort of accurate as well he passed Skull Island twice.

2. Godzilla wakes up to keep balance in the world, all those titans may or may not being interfearing with Balance.

3. Ghidorah was a false king, Godzilla and Mothra are called.the natural King and Queen in the leaks. Godzilla has to take back his throne from Ghidorah.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Look guys I’m telling you, I can’t see the Orca never showing back up, either it’ll be rebuilt and used on the other Titans, or it’ll be used on Kong.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm not gonna say it makes sense to give Kong powers. There was absolutely zero prelude or build up to him having any kind of powers in the original and it would likely look like an asspull here as well.

Not to say CGI wise it wouldn't be beautiful. But it'd just be out of place. I honestly believe they should just make it so the humans ally with Kong. Giving both sides a sort of edge in the fight. The army is always attacking and distracting G while Kong lays the smackdown.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

What do you think will become of if Monarch after GKOTM? The cat(s) really outta the bag now and all the Titans are once again active, and by the end of the movie, they take over the world. Is Monarch put in charge of “cleanup” or does that duty get taken over by the military like in 2014 since containment seems out of the question at this point.

Monarch seems to have quite the influence in GKOTM, getting their own fleet of jets and a hellacarrier, but would they just be disbanded since they failed to keep the Titans asleep?

I have a sneaking suspicion GvK will deal with Chandler, Millie and the the core Monarch team trying to save the Titans from being wiped out by the military, a literal “Destroy All Monsters”.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#slatternking

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

miguelnuva wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

1. Godzilla awakens on and off during his 250 million years of life. If the Godzilla tracker is any sort of accurate as well he passed Skull Island twice.

2. Godzilla wakes up to keep balance in the world, all those titans may or may not being interfearing with Balance.

3. Ghidorah was a false king, Godzilla and Mothra are called.the natural King and Queen in the leaks. Godzilla has to take back his throne from Ghidorah.
1. Again its stated in the film he woke up in the 50s, the leaks would say otherwise but since there is no way to prove they are real it's not concrete. Awakening can't even keep it straight since it implies Godzilla slept since prehistoric times but woke up in the 50s while also saying hes been active since the dawn of the human race. I guess since I drive past someone's house I know everything about it
2. Again, why does Godzilla care if they don't disrupt the balance?
3. lmfao whether the leaks are real or not that is a stretch. Godzilla isn't fighting for it like Game of Thrones
At the end of the day idk why I'm arguing this, the idea is terrible and won't be what happens in the film

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

It's kind of a bummer knowing everything so early. I love spoiling myself and I'm very glad reactions to the film are almost unanimously positive, but there is nothing to do but wait for the next 7 months.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

gottatalktothefake wrote:but there is nothing to do but wait for the next 7 months.
Unfortunately yes.

goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Is Fake still around? He probably got bored of answering the sane questions over and over.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Shadowfyre wrote:Is Fake still around? He probably got bored of answering the sane questions over and over.
Our questions are in no way sane. :lol:
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

fake
Monsterland Worker

Post by fake »

Shadowfyre wrote:Is Fake still around? He probably got bored of answering the sane questions over and over.
Still here. Was very busy the past week making calls and knocking doors for Mike Levin, Harley Rouda and Katie Porter. Slept almost all day today satisfied with the turnout yesterday.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

fake wrote:
Still here. Was very busy the past week making calls and knocking doors for Mike Levin, Harley Rouda and Katie Porter. Slept almost all day today satisfied with the turnout yesterday.
How often do you check TK? Seems like every time you come up you immediately respond