Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by miguelnuva »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I don’t know why we are even discussing the 125 meters thing, it’s almost certainly BS.
Any spoiler we get is potentially BS till the film comes out, some info just has more backing it the others.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Godzilla keeps on growing makes perfect sense tho as he got nuked a few times since he reached 355 ft, the more radiation he consumes the bigger he grows right? Also Dr. Serizawa did mention in G14 that the fossil they found was much older than the Godzilla he encountered so it's likely there are certain distinctions or sheer size difference from the fossil which indicates the current goji would still have room to grow.
125 meters would make him 5 meters taller than even the Destroyah which is awesome, tho I'm sure the MonsterVerse Destroyah would be even taller.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

ultrazilla wrote:Godzilla keeps on growing makes perfect sense tho as he got nuked a few times since he reached 355 ft, the more radiation he consumes the bigger he grows right? Also Dr. Serizawa did mention in G14 that the fossil they found was much older than the Godzilla he encountered so it's likely there are certain distinctions or sheer size difference from the fossil which indicates the current goji would still have room to grow.
125 meters would make him 5 meters taller than even the Destroyah which is awesome, tho I'm sure the MonsterVerse Destroyah would be even taller.
Well that's because the dead Godzilla was a fossil compared to our current one who hadn't been seen since the 50s.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Maybe this Godzilla is so enormous thanks to the sheer time it’s spent on Earth. Like maybe it used to be 30ish meters shorter during the Permian era, with smaller spines and a thinner frame, and had just been growing very slowly.

Maybe Godzilla today compared to Godzilla at the prime of his species would be like Andre the Giant compared to an average man. I actually like that thought, it definitely adds to his character.
Last edited by LockBite on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Here's an interesting coincidende I found on the Godzilla subreddit-A user pointed out that Methuselah in the "Titan appareance leak" (the one thought to be fake) was described to look like it was covered in bedrock, and that it's design was similar to Ryhorn. Come now, and we see that the mountain titan is similar in appearance to this leak. Whoever made that "leak" either knew their stuff or just got REALLY lucky.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SAYAKA wrote:Hello, everyone. I am a Japanese fan who participated in the film show.I just registered my account number. My English is not good enough,I hope you can understand what I mean.
I read the whole post,The spoiler is almost entirely true, but there are some plot mistakes.
King Ghidrah brought GODZILLA into the stratosphere and dropped it. This is not what happened in Mexico.
This happened in Boston, where King Ghidrah gained an advantage in the battle, throwing Godzilla out of the stratosphere, triggering an explosion and almost killing Godzilla.
Welcome to Toho Kingdom!

Good to know, that should clear up some stuff.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Ah, so the statosphere drop happens in Boston after all? Interesting. Someone else on the thread mentioned that already, seems like it might be true. I still remain skeptical (just like with any other leak for safe measure lol), guess we'll gonna have to wait and see.
This is right before Mothra's sacrifice and Godzilla's revival, right? Would make sense.

Also, sounds like all the years of living alongside Sid caused Manny to resort to steroid abuse for comfort
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

SAYAKA wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:Ah, so the statosphere drop happens in Boston after all? Interesting. Someone else on the thread mentioned that already, seems like it might be true. I still remain skeptical (just like with any other leak for safe measure lol), guess we'll gonna have to wait and see.
This is right before Mothra's sacrifice and Godzilla's revival, right? Would make sense.

Also, sounds like all the years of living alongside Sid caused Manny to resort to steroid abuse for comfort
Yes, Godzilla almost fell to death.

When King Ghidrah was ready to give Godzilla a final blow, Mothra sacrificed herself to save Godzilla.
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

SAYAKA wrote:Hello, everyone. I am a Japanese fan who participated in the film show.I just registered my account number. My English is not good enough,I hope you can understand what I mean.
I read the whole post,The spoiler is almost entirely true, but there are some plot mistakes.
King Ghidrah brought GODZILLA into the stratosphere and dropped it. This is not what happened in Mexico.
This happened in Boston, where King Ghidrah gained an advantage in the battle, throwing Godzilla out of the stratosphere, triggering an explosion and almost killing Godzilla.

AND:
1.Among the Titans who finally bowed to Godzilla, there was actually a MUTO (I'm not sure if I'm wrong).
2.The visual effect of Oxygen Destroyer is a green explosion, and then the explosion effect shrinks rapidly.
3.I remember the mammoth in detail, but I can't draw it.Like primates, it has huge forelimbs and short hind limbs.It's not as long as an elephant's nose, but it has a very large tooth.It has some sharp protuberances on its back.
I have a question. There's a moment where the characters have to escape because they say Godzilla has too much energy and is going to explode. Does this happen before or after Mothra's sacrifice?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

AND:
1.Among the Titans who finally bowed to Godzilla, there was actually a MUTO (I'm not sure if I'm wrong).
2.The visual effect of Oxygen Destroyer is a green explosion, and then the explosion effect shrinks rapidly.
3.I remember the mammoth in detail, but I can't draw it.Like primates, it has huge forelimbs and short hind limbs.It's not as long as an elephant's nose, but it has a very large tooth.It has some sharp protuberances on its back.
Something like this?

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

AND:
Welcome on board Sayaka. Any comment on the rumored 125m tall height increase of the new Godzilla? Or did it appear similar in height to the 2014 version? Thanks :)

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

OK fair enough, cheers.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

Apart from the mammoth titan leaks, and read other leaks of the other titans that will appear aspects and names, tell me if they are true?

1. that a Titan similar to a Cyclops will appear, that its name wax Polyphemus as the mythical Cyclops of the Odyssey.
2. the name of one of the titans is that they will appear in film is Esquila, although it has no physical description, its name belongs to a show of Greek mythology.
3. ay a second name for one of the titans and it is Metusela (I do not know if I wrote it well) but the information of the appearance of this titan describes it in two ways, the first one as a rock monster with the appearance of a quadruped reptile the other description describes it as a gigantic black lobster covered in a rock armor and that would be the oldest titan of all even Godzilla.
4. They confirm the titans based on cryptozoology, Nessy of Loch Ness with an aspect is described as the mythical marine snakes and the Bigfoot is described with a thin body and little stylized.
5. a titan with a look very similar to the Kraken of the movie Clash of the Titans but the 1981 version.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Come on guys, this is literally what happened with the fake Shin Godzilla leaks we got. At least try to act suspicious
Last edited by Godzillian on Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I’m a little sus about this new person.

Do you have a ticket by any chance? I’m more inclined to believe Fake because he’s been talking about things that are shown in future trailers quite often.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m a little sus about this new person.
Oh how the tables have turned! (I joke)

But, yeah, I mean. As with all "leaks"; grain of salt. This has happened before.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I'm not seeing any difference between this and Fake's earlier leak.
. . .

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzillian wrote:Come on guys, this is literally what happened with the fake Shin Godzilla leaks we got. At least try to act suspicious
Has is this the same as Shin Godzilla when the new person has backed up with 3 earlier people have said. He sucks at his job if he's trying to troll us.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Godzillian wrote:Come on guys, this is literally what happened with the fake Shin Godzilla leaks we got. At least try to act suspicious
Was it, though? The first leaks we got were from a Japanese fan (possible insider?) who could barely speak English, all of which turned out to be completely right; the other instance involved a pair of American fans making up a fairly wild story involving Godzilla being infected by a parasite that bursts out and becomes a winged humanoid monster named Judas and ending with both monsters getting nuked by the US as they battle in Tokyo (which while being wrong did actually seem to predict certain elements about the film, such as increased US military involvement, a planned American nuclear strike on Tokyo, and a monster that begins to split into numerous smaller monsters before it is finally defeated).

Here he isn't doing anything but confirming the previous leaks (which seem to be backed up by what we've seen so far, including some fairly specific shots), saying that one scene is in a different place than we had previously thought (IIRC even fake said he didn't quite remember when the drop scene happened) and describing some monster designs. He may very well be wrong/lying, but it seems like some fairly small details to lie about.

Although, was there a showing in Japan?
Last edited by G2000 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Sayaka, how would you describe the tone of the movie? Is it dark and bleak or more lighthearted? Are there a lot of jokes or is it mostly serious?