Will Kong Get His Lightning?(Kong vs Godzilla)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Will Kong Get Lightning Powers?

1. Yes
11%
2. No
30%
3. Possibly
32%
4. No Chance In Dante's Inferno
27%

Total votes: 37

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Will Kong Get His Lightning?(Kong vs Godzilla)

Post by ernesth100 »

I get the strong strong feeling they're going to try to make Kong come off as a fighting genius and have him physically embarrass Godzilla to the point where he get's angry and uses the atomic breath. Only for Kong to be to fast to actually hit and continue to beat on Godzilla. :lol:
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

OpteraKaiju92
Ronin

Post by OpteraKaiju92 »

If they can somehow work it to where Kong wasnt controlling the storm around skull island but maybe he and his ancestors power over time (Kong now being the last in the species that we know of) have generated this incredible storm that perpetually surrounds SI and Kong is able to tap into it. Or maybe when kong is leaving SI He is struck by powerful lightning (event tho thats kind of cliche) and it then gives hime the ability to control lightning or at least manipulate it ie from towers or power lines or if a storm occurs in the middle of the fight between GvK and Kong is then able to get stronger or use it to his advantage other than that im really not sure
"What you habitually think largely determines what you will ultimately become" - Bruce Lee

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

OpteraKaiju92 wrote:If they can somehow work it to where Kong wasnt controlling the storm around skull island but maybe he and his ancestors power over time (Kong now being the last in the species that we know of) have generated this incredible storm that perpetually surrounds SI and Kong is able to tap into it. Or maybe when kong is leaving SI He is struck by powerful lightning (event tho thats kind of cliche) and it then gives hime the ability to control lightning or at least manipulate it ie from towers or power lines or if a storm occurs in the middle of the fight between GvK and Kong is then able to get stronger or use it to his advantage other than that im really not sure
They definitely have a few ways they could work it in with the Perpetual Storm system alone. And cornier ways they could impliment it. But I hope they don't simply force it into the plot.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

The first thing I thought of when I saw the storm around the island in Skull Island was Kong getting lightning powers eventually. I say the possibility is there.
Last edited by Cookson on Sun May 06, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Another question is, how many of us even want the lightning powers? Or better yet, what would the GA think of it?
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Vakanai wrote:Another question is, how many of us even want the lightning powers? Or better yet, what would the GA think of it?
While I don’t think they’re likely, I wouldn’t mind seeing them. It could be something that gets pulled out near the end as a way to even the odds. I don’t think the GA would care.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Unless it can be done well I am against. If it can be done well and not come off as the only reason Kong can beat Godzilla, like he can still do it even if he looses it the power just helps then cool.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Living Corpse wrote:Unless it can be done well I am against. If it can be done well and not come off as the only reason Kong can beat Godzilla, like he can still do it even if he looses it the power just helps then cool.
I have a perfect idea. What if, and bear with me here, both these powers have limited use?

Hear me out. Godzilla seemed awfully drained after each atomic breath usage. Which likely therefore means he can only use it so much before he no longer has the energy too. Now imagine Kong lightning being something the same. He can summon, or absorb, or generate, or however they decide to integrate it. But only handle so many volts at a time despite his sheer size. As a result during the fight neither if these leviathans would go into using these abilities too immediately or too much. We could have a few scenes with them using it once or twice in-between the battle. But ultimately being too drained afterwards to repeat and simply resorting to basic brawling.

Or we could go all out and have a flashing CGI segment where Kong is using a lightning fist too punch through Godzilla's atomic breath. And sock him in the face! But that's just my imagination running wild. :lol: That said. If they are introduced it'd be better to integrate it as a Stamina draining move. Not at all something Kong can naturally and at any time do.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

ernesth100 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Unless it can be done well I am against. If it can be done well and not come off as the only reason Kong can beat Godzilla, like he can still do it even if he looses it the power just helps then cool.
I have a perfect idea. What if, and bear with me here, both these powers have limited use?
Yeah that works.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Highly doubtful. And even if it does, it won't change the fact that out of all the possible outcomes in the movie, Kong defeating Godzilla is the absolute least likely.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

BARAGONBREH wrote:Highly doubtful. And even if it does, it won't change the fact that out of all the possible outcomes in the movie, Kong defeating Godzilla is the absolute least likely.
Perhaps. I want Kong to give Godzilla a damn good fight though. I want it to seem like there's a point where it could go either way before whoever wins turns the tide. There's no way to predict the future, that's what makes the speculation exciting.

As for the powers. Kong having the electricity is honestly just aesthetic at this point. It would look nice and flashy, put honestly, so does him just walking up and socking Godzilla right in the jaw. However the thought of him socking Godzilla in the jaw with an electric charge sounds promising. :lol:

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

I don't think Kong will get electric powers but they could reference it if they wanted. Like, maybe Kong is getting electrocuted then latches onto Godzilla which causes him to get electrocuted too? I don't know, just throwing around ideas.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

KillCrites wrote:I don't think Kong will get electric powers but they could reference it if they wanted. Like, maybe Kong is getting electrocuted then latches onto Godzilla which causes him to get electrocuted too? I don't know, just throwing around ideas.
Good idea. I was thinking of that as well. Would be a more simple call back and less stress on the budget and effects than actually giving him it as an ability.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Image
Pft.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Not to revive this thread, but even though I'm totally against Kong having lightning powers, that's just in this film. I don't want it to be the reason Kong beats Godzilla. So the idea of the two draining quickly and resorting to the real H2H battle would be amazing. If you really want to hear something cool, imagine if Kong keeps getting hit by the atomic breath and he takes cover. He throws a piece of a building at another one and Godzilla fires his AB at said building, but once that's obliterated Kong isn't there. Kong gets the jump on Godzilla, he grabs Godzilla's jaws and opens it farther and farther. He sees the atomic breath charge up and he roars, suddenly his fists light up and his eyes glow, Godzilla's spines start blinking and then his power is drained. Godzilla suddenly can't use his AB, and the AB cancels out Kong's electricity powers. Kong drops to his knees like a superhero with a terrible migraine, and Godzilla steps back, totally drained of AB. After like a 20 second rest, the two look at each other. Now it's H2H. There's just an idea, I don't really want to see this in GVK but maybe in a future film. This is their second fight where the loser of GVK would win here, but then the two team up. But yeah so essentially Kong is able to use electricity (which through the currents in his body and fur are able to conduct billions of volts) to cancel out Godzilla's atomic breath, now the two are drained of powers and then we really start to see the brutality in the fight (this is half way through, but now for H2H they start fighting like hell). Thoughts?
Image Image