For those still hoping for a Godzilla Pacific Rim crossover

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

For those still hoping for a Godzilla Pacific Rim crossover

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

The fact that actress Tian Jing has shown up in both franchises, Kong: Skull Island and Pacific Rim: Uprising, playing two different characters proves that there won't be.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: For those still hoping for a Godzilla Pacific Rim crossover

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Did this really need it's own thread?...

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I think this crossover is unlikely for many reasons, but just having one actor appear in both seems a very minor detail to me, and not something that would play a role in deciding one way or the other.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Did this really need it's own thread?...
This guy is king of creating pointless threads.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Early reviews of PR2 are not promising at all:

Variety: "This second entry in the franchise ditches, or downgrades, many of the elements that made del Toro's original unique, while reconfiguring its style and attitude to more closely align with that of the Transformers films — a makeover that not only renders this follow-up unremarkable, but suggests (given the underwhelming box-office performance of Michael Bay's last Hasbro-based effort) diminished long-term prospects with robot-fatigued audiences."

Obviously that doesn't mean it bombs, but it's not the first PR was a huge cash cow. I'm hoping "robot-fatigued" doesn't morph into "kaiju-fatigued" -- especially with Rampage coming up too, which I'm similarly skeptical of.

tl;dr I'm not hoping for a crossover.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

This does not need to be its own thread. I do not want to see these kinds of threads again, so please, do not create another thread unless there's something meaningful to it. And no, a simple debate or question in a movie, or a crossover does not deserve its own thread.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!